Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Han / The Sigma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Han / The Sigma - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:06 pm

PMS wrote:

I shall stay here at KTS and do my thing, Satyr. But remember, the dog bites the hand of the master when he crosses the line, ya dig?

Lie-ssa,

I never once stated that all women are sluts in either of those quotes. I said girlfriends are fuck toys because you asked me " What does a girlfriend mean to you?". Girlfriends that I have ( not the entire feminine gender ) are just play things. And you have the audacity to call me retarded? haha silly little girl. Thanks for making an ass of yourself again, Lie-ssa.
Describing The female mind as on the look-out for attractive sexual baits and then valuing girls as f--k-toys, doesn't exactly state where you think women are anything else but for sexual purposes...

Listen, you can call me a liar and save your image and what not, I merely expose you for how you've presented yourself... if you want to justify it with wordgames, totally cool. Who cares, your life, your path.

And as much as you like to get all emo. and insinuate I'm making this personal, I am not; I'm just letting you know I find your "philosophical values" and you, therefore inferior.
Not only do I stand by my saying that I think you lack focus, you have an unsteady mind, maybe because you do drugs, and therefore its not only with Satyr that day, you simply drifted of a conversation he was having addressing you on a question You asked and he was kind enough to answer,,, but I see the same idiotic emotional retorts happening with Fixed Cross as well, for example:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FixedCross in that post is right. In any case, instead of addressing it intelligibly, you take any difference to your position as an attack on yourself, and then you reply with petty emotionalisms, like you do here with Blood, and more recently above, like you made emotional appeals to leave this forum. so childish.

For someone who tells him to, next time use the more direct approach and not the feminine-like cowardly indirect one, simply for warning you against an idiot like tyr/anus, for your own benefit,,,, you yourself have posted ridiculous videos/images of Satyr over on ILP with no relevance or connection at all.
So much for your ballsy "direct approach".
First be a master of your own words, and then bravados.

It appears to me you have confused pride and self-esteem.
One can forego pride without necessarily losing one's self-esteem.
One can listen to a Teacher, one's own voice, one's father, whatever, and this giving-of-one's-ear requires trust, but this submission or willingness to learn from someone doesn't necessarily mean your self-esteem will be diminished.

And what does N. say, since you like quick formulas... "The one who doesn't obey himself, is commanded by others."

FYI, it took 9-12 years of initiation under a teacher to emerge out as a Bard or a Druid in ancient Ireland. 12 years of surrendering yourself to a "discipline" [not necessarily a teacher].
Studying and learning was a Bonding that happened beyween a teacher and pupil,,,, not like the present information-grab that you and stuart-little performed with Satyr.
Grab someone's insights, it works, you are thankful and you are off... this is the modern mentality, and is rubbish.
Wisdom is a process of growing together with a steady heart and a firm mind.

I don't expect you to conform to Satyr or something,,,, am just saying, if you want to be a better and more wholesome person, learn to respect relationships unemotionally.

Lastly, youth is great, but one doesn't become a man banging girls; its not "the only" route.
A man need not have banged any girl even when he's till 30, doesn't necessarily make him less of a man for that reason...

let me know when your PMS is over.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Echo wrote:
Are you or aren't you a woman, Lyssa?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've got the...

...does that count? ; )

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:08 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Lyssa wrote

Quote :
What's interesting is also, how the Wowman-of-substance who constantly said to the Slut, "I am so proud of you, Primal", "You have a great body and a great mind" did not utter so much as a squeak at the above statements. If the above were coming from Satyr, she's be at his face calling him a butcher and a monster and woman-hating homo as she already did. Another hypocrite certainly worthy of giving lectures on Humility... lol

Interesting times.

LOL

You are such a ferocious defender of the Big S as I am intent on the opposite. (according to you). 
My temperature is sub-zero... I personalize nothing on the forum. His outlook and values are worth defending.
Yet, a man and his idea cannot be separated.

Quote :

He is lucky to have you.

I love what you write.
Thanks, but I more so. And may he be lucky to have you too.

Quote :
My silence is due to the fact there is quite a bit to take in.  What is foremost in my mind is that PR is young and has many lessons to learn........ as yet.  One cannot condemn him for his youthful follies and his passions.  I suspect he has already climbed quite a few mountains and most of what he says is pure bravado.

Don't destroy a young man's journey.

Remember when you were 22 y.o.?

hmmm. I said "not a squeak",,,, and you read "condemn". ....? That's 1.

2. No, I don't believe in this kind of sheltering. What is high and low should be expressed out, and its upto him to take it or reject it. When you praise him openly enough, I expect you to reserve the openness to inform him on his downsides too, since that has been your consistent behaviour here so far.

3. Hypothetically speaking, I would like to know, if your daughter was in her teens, 18, 19,,, are you telling me you wouldn't give her a "prep. talk" about guys like PMS waiting to bang chics?
Is that how you would set her off on a young woman's journey?

How about if you had a son and he was doing drugs? Tell him nothing?

Its all good with strangers, when it comes to your own flesh and blood, then it bites you...

Sorry, I am not that liberal or nurturing.

Wowman, I've got something for you; give it to you later.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:08 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
Quote :

Have you read this whole paper? It answers your question.
I have now.  I'll have to look more into his "pride-ensemble" and how individuals will actually be compelled to expose and prove themselves on a large enough scale.
He was almost there,,, unfort. a closet Xt. Still, there's so much to salvage from him,,, and maybe my understanding of him would change the more I read. Let my impressions not bias you.

His conclusions are in the post-human domain; his grander vision extends to uniting as one species and alligned against alien planets and other life-forms.

Maybe its not him, and I need to adjust my own eye and understanding of him.
He's certainly worthy of further exploration. Semiotext I think has released his new book on N., a critique; its going to be interesting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Satyr wrote:
Everything which cleans away the past is so for a nihilist, my sweet.

When they invent a pill where all memories, all mistakes, are erased, how delicious stupidity will taste.
Imagine, being totally indifferent to consequences, because the next morning you can erase, from memory, all which happened in the past.  

But can you erase it from reality?
No dear.
A slut who fucks every dick with style, and can erase her every sluttish event with a pill, remains a slut for eternity.
She never changes because she never has to face-up to her past.

She can remain blissfully retarded.  
Lots of things are like that, Satyr. Life is like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Echo wrote:
Are you or aren't you a woman, Lyssa?

I've got the...

...does that count? ; )
You've got a desperate idiot.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry, who?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Lyssa, I return blow for blow. I can sense when someone has a genuine question or critique and when they are just trying to be assholes. Fixed Cross was trolling. Satyr accused me of not understanding Perpetual's selected quotes and insinuated that I was an idiot-nihilist. He is also the one that seemingly insinuated that he wants me to leave.

"I say:
"More, more, take away more!!! Less, less, leave behind less!!!!"

In other words, he wants those deemed inferior to be gone and those he deems of his kind to stay. No problem. I simply wanted him to let me know directly. It wasn't some emo tactic as you claim.

Lastly, like I've said before, I don't view all women as harlots. They can be good mothers and what not, but unfortunately, I see a lot of Deva, self-entitled bitches that use men for their money. I simply give these types a taste of their own medicine.

“HATE FOR HATE — AND RUTH FOR RUTH,
EYE FOR EYE — AND TOOTH FOR TOOTH,
SCORN FOR SCORN — AND SMILE FOR SMILE,
LOVE FOR LOVE — AND GUILE FOR GUILE,
WAR FOR WAR, — AND WOE FOR WOE,
BLOOD FOR BLOOD — AND BLOW FOR BLOW.”

― Ragnar Redbeard, Might is Right – The Survival of the Fittest
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:33 pm

Primal Rage wrote:

"I say:

In other words, he wants those deemed inferior to be gone and those he deems of his kind to stay. No problem. I simply wanted him to let me know directly. It wasn't some emo tactic as you claim.
No, dear woman...it was a sentence saying this:

Those whoa re weak will inevitably, unavoidably, naturally, be culled out of a herd.
You are already being seduced by your own kind and drifting away.

I say "Thank the gods"!!!!

You should, as it is normal that you should, go amongst those who think chaos is balance, that there is a world with no hierarchies, and no elites and no order, and no leaders and followers, and you should enjoy the simplistic talk over Bathroom design, trying to attract female attention, or the uttering of bums who dream of vengeance.  

What place do you have here, when you've already displayed your nature ...clearly, succinctly and honestly?
Move on.
Go to ILP where 3 very bright minds dominate every thread and all others are conspicuously absent.

Poor Fausty.
In his delusional haste, he created, and then defended with a passion, something not even he could tolerate.
He participated in the destruction of a Forum and then, conveniently left.

At least the head-imbecile Carleas is still there, trying to gain popularity, no?

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Lyssa, I return blow for blow. I can sense when someone has a genuine question or critique and when they are just trying to be assholes. Fixed Cross was trolling.
Fixed Cross was not trolling; as is plain there on that post, he was making a valid point on savagery being more of a feminine Dionysian quality and the Apollonian order belonging to the masculine.

Quote :

Satyr accused me of not understanding Perpetual's selected quotes and insinuated that I was an idiot-nihilist. He is also the one that seemingly insinuated that he wants me to leave.
"I say:
That was him referring to the Spartan attitude and telling you to separate the chaff from the wheat, from the retard Tyrannuses of the ILPs...

See what I mean - how your attention is low.

Quote :

In other words, he wants those deemed inferior to be gone and those he deems of his kind to stay.
Aissshhh, he was warning you of those trolls on ILP who amount to no good - tyr/anus speaking of end world scenarious and banging women - if this is the kind of company you wish to keep, good luck.

Quote :
Lastly, like I've said before, I don't view all women as harlots. They can be good mothers and what not, but unfortunately, I see a lot of Deva, self-entitled bitches that use men for their money. I simply  give these types a taste of their own medicine.
That's what you think.

Using low-life women for low-life pleasures is a self-rape, a self-degradation.

Wake up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Satyr wrote: " No, dear woman"

You see, Lyssa. A person with a genuine, non-vindictive critique won't write petty insults as such. Why should I respond seriously to such trivialities?
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Primal Rage wrote:
Satyr wrote: " No, dear woman"

You see, Lyssa. A person with a genuine, non-vindictive critique won't write petty insults as such. Why should I respond seriously to such trivialities?
Is that a personal insult at you, or is he describing the emotional way you have mistaken his earlier sentences; the emotional way which typically characterizes a woman...? hence, "dear woman".

That's not an insult, its addressing you by your state of mind. - lack of focus.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Why don't we go on the chat box and finish this, yes? I will be there.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
hmmm. I said "not a squeak",,,, and you read "condemn". ....? That's 1.

2. No, I don't believe in this kind of sheltering. What is high and low should be expressed out, and its upto him to take it or reject it. When you praise him openly enough, I expect you to reserve the openness to inform him on his downsides too, since that has been your consistent behaviour here so far.
I stand corrected.  It became evident PR's behaviour spiralled "out of control", with an obvious lack of self discipline probably due to a lack of male influence in his life.  I don't really know this.   

I acknowledge I think encouragement/emotional support are almost primarily given by the mother and that the rational, deliberate teaching is a very different instruction, to be given by the father.   PR knew he was over stepping the mark, but continued.  I think, strange as it may seem, he has learnt something from this, here on this Forum.  He is a perfect example of the fatherless young man in today's society, albeit, he has shown he has some remorse for his actions, whether this helps his case or not, remains to be seen.  

It is the father who teaches the son the practical skills in life and how to become independent, without a male influence in a boy's upbringing, there will be a difference.  

Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
3. Hypothetically speaking, I would like to know, if your daughter was in her teens, 18, 19,,, are you telling me you wouldn't give her a "prep. talk" about guys like PMS waiting to bang chics?
I think 18 or 19 is way too old to begin discussing matters such as these.  I think it would be wiser to broach this subject when a girl begins to menstruate.

I don't see PR as a real threat, to any girl who has a healthy self worth, it is men such as Mannequin, that is a real danger, crossing the line and using male and female for sexual gratification coupled with a virulent hatred for women.  Men such as he can cause damage to a naïve, unsuspecting female.

Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
How about if you had a son and he was doing drugs? Tell him nothing?
Sex, drugs and it all comes back to money and the love of it.  One cannot control their children to the point of making them robotic.  Ultimately, it is their decisions, all I can hope for is she/he uses what they has been taught to make sound choices.

Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
Its all good with strangers, when it comes to your own flesh and blood, then it bites you...

Sorry, I am not that liberal or nurturing.
I totally agree.   I think it all comes down to being "vigilant" in an inconspicuous manner.

You have got to be very smart, not necessarily nurturing.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:20 am

reasonvemotion wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
I think 18 or 19 is way too old to begin discussing matters such as these.  I think it would be wiser to broach this subject when a girl begins to menstruate.

I don't see PR as a real threat, to any girl who has a healthy self worth,
No, my point was as you say yourself, you'd make her aware of standards from an earlier age, and so I was saying being quiet with Primal and not making him aware of highs and lows in the name of letting him self-discover, is false sheltering. No one can or should control another, but this shouldn't prevent one from making facts known, no matter how unpleasant it may sound to him/her; thereafter their choice.

Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:37 am

In some cases, making facts known, could essentially be one's own ideas, own blind spots and not necessarily an accurate assessment of the situation.  One has to be careful not to influence unnecessarily.

I suspect PR has had a thousand people who are more than willing to stand in line and tell him his faults.  People enjoy this past time.

Physical beauty is a gift, not all receive and something at this moment, PR has an abundance of.    The danger for PR is sometimes coming from a truly deprived environment, what one thinks is necessary and must have is usually something one can and should live without.

Take heart PR, you are young and have much time to learn what assholes people really are.

Live simply.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:09 am

It's "Live Lightly"....
See the double "L" gives it a poetic slant.
It's the Delphic "Miden Agan", Nothing in Excess, adapted for the moderns.

The absence of father figures is part of the feminization process.
They are absent, not permitted to influence their children minds, because only the institution can force-feed those developing minds what it deems appropriate, and socially useful, and healthy in that ti will create good, well-adjusted, automatons who then use "racism" and "sexism" as a magic formula warding off the evil spirits of thinking; they are absent in that they are ridiculed, degraded, turned into caricatures or condemned as remnants of a bygone era, and authoritarian and fascist representations of order...always in the past.

Disillusionment follows.
Youngsters, particularly boys, latch unto whatever the system offers as the idea; male.
Usually it's either some emotionally dominated effete pseudo-male, on the same level as a female overcompensating bull-dyke, or its some hyper-masculine pop-culture icon, used to compensate for the absence of maleness by inflating parts of the male spirit to the level of the absurd.
The parts being focused upon are the ones that serve the purpose of then discrediting masculinity as being this violent, aggressive, muscles and guns, attitude which must be expunged.

We have to keep in mind that with uncontrolled reproduction most of the males alive today are of an untested, inferior quality, requiring technologies and techniques - magic formulas - to deal with their inheritance.
Denial of it is a first step.
When one denies the past/nature one denies a higher state of order ...God is this immutable, determining, creating, past.
Amongst the modern secular version of the same nihilistic rejection we get those hedonists, materialists, the simpleton, identifying with the current, with things, or with abstractions which are detached from reality ...or you get the common self-hating anarchist, who displays his anger against his missing and/or inferior father by casting himself as his antithesis.

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Sorry, who?
You're a man masquerading as a woman...

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:12 pm

No...I'm a woman masquerading as a man.

Paranoia, self-destroya.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Echo wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
Sorry, who?
You're a man masquerading as a woman...

The fists maybe up, but "Hips don't lie..."

Last edited by Lyssa on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Satyr wrote:
In my experience I've discovered that people want to reveal themselves to others - they almost demand that they are given the opportunity to do so.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Cowards will always run and hide behind walls, or engage you on their level, where they feel the most comfortable in.
Simpletons, no matter how brave and what gusto they display, will always feel a bit insecure before someone or something they do not fully comprehend.

Take d(63...he taunts for months from afar, and from the safety of his enclosure, claiming that he was banned from KT; then he posts - yes he posts on KT though he claims to be banned - and he posts the same shit he does on ILP, and is ignored.
He is begging to be noticed.
You can see it clearly.

In the ChatBox he comes-in, all bravado, and what does he have to say?
Nothing, but insults against moi.  
All insinuation with no meat.
Insult, but, for the gods sake, include something of substance along with them.
He avoids all attempts to engage me intellectually, only focusing on the insults that offer him an excuse to run.
He accuses me of claiming to be an overman, though he, like those like him, has no clue what that means, and when I ask for evidence, proving I've done such a ridiculous thing, he continues the declarative statements.
But you can see how fucked in the head this douche-bag is.
He imagines the overman as some Nazi with knee-high boots and a manacle, or as this muscle bound Neanderthal, with a club, because he's totally indoctrinated into his Nihilistic culture.

Most of these father-less, effete minds, have an addiction to mind-numbing chemicals.

He has no clue what I am saying or why, but he knows from the little that he can understand, that he, being that he is a female, in psychology, is being exposed as what he is.  
And he's not the only one.

Take PDitty, one of the other retards. He spent years following me around, and still does, and he had no idea what I was saying.
Many others do, including you, but he cannot wrap his little mind around it.
He is either autistic, or simply dumb; no mental flexibility, no artistry ...he's dull, absolutist, like all bovines.
I simplify it, used very clear words ...and still he had, and has, no fuckin' clue.
I dumb it down, use symbols, similes, try to make it as simple as possible, using slang and everyday American words, and still he, like those on his level, just cannot grasp it.  

Then there's the other turds; the Shit-Smears and the Torn-Annus, and the Mother Hen, and the Bull Dyke, and Tentative the man of "It's all relative", and Sill-The-Dill-doh, with his Mensa credentials, and a variety of douche-bag, nihilists, who can only stay far away to engage me with character-assassination attempts ... and I, well ... I am loving it.
How long can you read them with their bragging using trite little self-referential crap to get attention and to imply what they cannot produce?

But, I am older now.
I just can't deal with that level of stupidity for long - not like I used to.
Can't waste my time as I once did.
So, in the hope of not attracting the Primal Rage types, making them think that they get it, I decided to keep it more ambiguous.
I'll try to remain as obscure, and metaphorical, and ambiguous, as possible ...just so that I can to out the retards and the absolutist, inartistic, types, who now profess to understand, and to represent my views.

So...yeah...do people beg to expose themselves, even while trying to hide behind masks?
Definitely.

Being a con-artist, a grifter, requires sensitivity to cues, and the stamina to wait it out, and to adapt.
The other tells you exactly what they need; what ails them, what pains them, and how to manipulate them.
They often do it with subtlety, but the simpler ones are more direct, and obvious.
All you have to do is pick-up on the signals, and have the patience to wait, and to adapt to what they want, and to follow where they are leading you.

My weakness is in this area: stamina.
Adapting to the other is fatiguing for long periods of time.
I cannot do it.
But if you can, then you need not do much.
A nudge here, a poke there ...the other will tell you how much and in what area they can be exploited.
Like cattle: big, seemingly strong, but weak-willed ...dumb; all need begging for satisfaction.

You can't push a cow ...you must nudge her ...let her start moving and then gently manipulate.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Do you see yourself as a grifter? Or are you just more aware of it happening? (all people manipulate others to varying degrees, sometimes unaware of it themselves)

It's very common that inferiors put on an air of superiority, probably convinced themselves about it, and use their numerical advantage to try and push their arguments, if there actually are any. It's an environment which greatly rewards con-fidence pushing people with confidence in the background. Now it's less about the substance and more about the presentation.

I cannot adapt to everything. I can try to find other ways to get what I need but I can't exchange them for other needs.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 pm

The irony of people posting images of themselves trying to impress or build some sort of synergy between their portrait and their postings, only to debase themselves, their overall image and their picture image, with either shortsighted, emotional posts or full-on resentment fueled posts. As if to unintentionally give even more evidence (a picture) for shortcomings. As if a beautiful picture of yourself automatically confers authority or lifts one of responsibility, so posting becomes something purely frivolous. "I am already beautiful!"

The irony that very beautiful people (physically and otherwise) DON'T do this.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:12 pm

When mental symmetry is lacking, then one tries to compensate in the only area he or she feels they have a chance.
It's more of a dare.
A "look at me, I am here; do not ignore me."

The more clever ones find some kind of pretext to draw attention without making it too obvious.
Then they begin hinting at things to seduce, to appear more than what they are.
The less clever noes, the more vulgar, are more obvious, and in this obviousness they achieve the opposite impact of what they intended.
It's painful to watch.

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Sooo is this italian mannequin talking to me? Just look at his avatar. Talk about compensation.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:33 pm

perpetualburn wrote:
The irony of people posting images of themselves trying to impress or build some sort of synergy between their portrait and their postings, only to debase themselves, their overall image and their picture image, with either shortsighted, emotional posts or full-on resentment fueled posts.  As if to unintentionally give even more evidence (a picture) for shortcomings. As if a beautiful picture of yourself automatically confers authority or lifts one of responsibility, so posting becomes something purely frivolous.  "I am already beautiful!"

The irony that very beautiful people (physically and otherwise) DON'T do this.
I recently read a quote by some writer (can't remember) bringing in Goethe saying to the effect, there are some people for whom the philosophical pursuit opens into a world, expands out, while for some other kind, real life experience funnels inwards into philosophical thoughts. So the former never really has to go out into the world to experience things, while the latter need not meticulously contemplate on things. The writer cited Nietzsche as the former's example, and Napoleon for the latter.
N. never really had to go out into the world, and Napoleon never had to sit to start systematizing a philosophy - he lived it.
Contemplation and Action.

This relates to not only what you are saying, but I had also meant to say this to the wowman reg. Primal.

Its not necessary that the "best kind of life" or the "highest art of living" only be arrived at through philosophy or only be arrived at through living every moment... everyone has their own way relatively speaking,, what counts is that purity in the passion whichever path you choose; and my issue with Primal was regarding that purity.

It doesn't matter if people put their pics. or not,, or how they choose to learn or test something, as long as its a heart-path. For someone using his images as a sexual bait to seduce others and claiming Might is Right is his heart-path, then accuses all women of deceiving and victimizing him. Likewise with the Crack.

Last edited by Lyssa on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
In some cases, making facts known, could essentially be one's own ideas, own blind spots and not necessarily an accurate assessment of the situation.  One has to be careful not to influence unnecessarily.

I suspect PR has had a thousand people who are more than willing to stand in line and tell him his faults.  People enjoy this past time.
I understand your broader point, but I'm wary of this kind of hesitation that starts from self-doubting of one's effect on another, and cultural relativisms, where one person's making aware of 'facts' is as good as any other's...
For example, chain smoking or doing drugs damaging your health is a Fact to whatever degree it takes over in people. A responsible person makes this aware to another, how they choose to act is upto them.
This is not advice but 'par-taking' in "common" sense.

Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
I understand your broader point, but I'm wary of this kind of hesitation that starts from self-doubting of one's effect on another, and cultural relativisms, where one person's making aware of 'facts' is as good as any other's...
For example, chain smoking or doing drugs damaging your health is a Fact to whatever degree it takes over in people. A responsible person makes this aware to another, how they choose to act is upto them.
This is not advice but par-taking in "common" sense.
I have no self-doubt about the effect I have on people.

I respect your point of view, but it is not mine, if you are in tune with your child, you know what path to take with them.

One can give facts, print pictures on cigarette boxes of the horrible deformities, all to no avail.   People still smoke, people still take drugs and let us not forget the affects of alcohol, which is unfortunately viewed as a lesser evil.  I believe you are Irish, (I may be wrong) and found it interesting how you did not include alcohol as a source of damage to one's health. This Survey Consumption and Alcohol-Related Harm in Ireland 2010/2011 Drug Prevalence Survey' was published with these findings, below.

“It is crucial that we as a society reduce the overall level of alcohol consumed in Ireland and also tackle the problems of alcohol misuse. I am determined that effective steps will be taken over the coming period to address problems associated with alcohol across our society."

Last year I went to two funerals, the outcome of o/d's.   These were not "kids" these were "should have known better been there done that" people.  I would take a wild guess and say a large proportion of those attendees went home and smoked some weed, took a pill, to chill out from the depressing experience.

I believe one must teach by "example".
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Echo wrote:
Sooo is this italian mannequin talking to me? Just look at his avatar. Talk about compensation.
I actually had Primal Rage in mind when I wrote that... "Italian mannequin"? ouch...That's an interesting connection to make... Is calling a Greek model "Italian" some sort of insult? Or is that just a lack of attention to detail on your part? How am I compensating?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Han / The Sigma Han / The Sigma - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Han / The Sigma
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: