Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Food and Health

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Food and Health - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
I see, never thought about it that way before, i have noticed that while benching my right hand doing most of the effort. Nah, guilty as charged just bodyweight and cardio for me lately.
Haha!

I find that body-weight workouts don’t give me the look I’m aiming for, but I do resort to them if circumstance dictates.

Impulso Oscuro wrote:

Yeah i tend to crash sooner than i used to, unfortunately my profession often demands attention while being mostly sedentary and appearing tired is looked down upon.

I think before i try anything, i might use the break given by recent events to try to reset and reduce my dependence on caffeine and get more sleep.
Very wise.. I’m using this time to refine my diet and step-up my training, so as to achieve optimal health.. which I haven’t had these last few years, and once you know what that feels like, you don’t stop until you have clawed your way back to it.. well I do anyway.. it is My drug.

Datura wrote:

Thank you Datura, yeah I was the baby wrapped in pink clothing Embarassed

No celebrations, but i enjoyed myself anyways.
Hope the pink clothing didn’t go on, into months? Smile
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 1:12 am

Perhaps this doesn't qualify as 'food', but I am now a week in having fasted, no 'food' - just water. I take bone broth if I want it every couple days, I also take electrolytes, and I take Taurine and B complex vitamins and Vitamin C. Taurine reduces the risk of gallstones, by de-cholesterolizing the gallbladder when fat's being burned causes the body to deposit cholesterol there. Also apparently helps direct hydration and burn 16 percent more fat. Bone broth is to get some calcium, electrolytes, vitamins, and collagen repairs gut issues.

Right now have my ears/eyes open for multivitamin to extend my fast. I plan 30 days or 60. I need to reach my goal weight by/before the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:30 pm

As for gall stones, the risk factors are: being blonde, female, overweight and another one I don't remember. Looking in your own family tree also gives an idea how likely it is you have or are going to get gallstones.
The theory I've heard about what you can do to lower the risk of getting gallstones (besides changing your genetics) is to have a rather constant, not quickly changing, diet of fat. In particular you shouldn't reduce your fat intake and go on a diet with zero fat without a phase of slow adjustment (3 weeks).

Your body is controlling its own production of bile and also its own production of cholesterol. If you eat a lot of fat and cholesterol then your body is producing a lot of bile and has its own cholesterol production lowered because you are getting enough through your diet. If you then cut your fat intake drastically your body will not adjust to this from one day to the next, so it will produce too much bile for a while and your cholesterol will be lowered because it needs to ramp up its own production because it's missing from your diet. This increased production of bile will be stored in the gallbladder where it can lead to the formation of gallstones because the bile just sits there and isn't sufficiently used and renewed.

I find that (chicken-)bone broth is very good for the digestion if you find that you lack in bile. That's not just about fat digestion, it also ties into how your liver deals with breaking up toxins and the immune system.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 12:24 am

Yeah, that slow adjustment is really needed - fat adaptation (referred to), after 3 weeks no-carbs I stopped being hungry all the time

I'm breaking my fast right now since I have brain fog and cannot concentrate on things I want to. I'll just be doing adequate protein + no carb + low fat diet. Hopefully hunger doesn't kill that. I need the energy to do projects outside work. I had an 8-9 day run of it, so I have an idea of what it's like.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:45 am

My diet is now Ground Beef and Broccoli. Eggs if I am at all caring for them. Heavily seasoned. And then mayo and tuna, or Oysters smoked. Beef alone is not good for the ghrelin hunger response, which detects an empty-er stomach. Broccoli has no/little calories, a lot of fiber. I add nutritional yeast if I feel like it. I also take electrolytes supplements.

I have kept this up for a week without feeling super depleted like I did when fasting (did that 10 days).

The only reason I am eating broccoli is to stave off the annoying hunger response without adding any more calories (so I still burn body fat). It's been about 4 weeks now I have been below 20g carbs a day. I think in 8 weeks I will feel great, my body fat adapted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 9:51 am

Am currently doing body-weight exercises and giving weights a rest.. to be re-visited a few months from now.

I would say that my diet is currently 95% clean.. the remaining 5% not giving any cause for alarm, and is a necessary window of culinary-pleasure opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Coke, right...

I don't know what regions are affected by this but at least in some parts of continental Europe Coca-Cola has changed its recipe. I'm not the only one who has noticed this change, it now tastes like a different kind of sweetness with some bad aftertaste. If I had to guess then I'd say it's some artificial sweetener that has been added to the standard recipe. I looked at the label but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Although from what I gather not all ingredients have to be listed on the label or at least they aren't listed.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VRZeus

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 11:18 am

hi

"heavy weight training" is a "must-do"
and so is "spinning on bikes" ie. "high gear,"

related to "nutrition". rice, beans is my "preference", 1-2l water,, clean," stay fresh and fight hard". jaden-smith!
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 4:42 pm

I tried Maca before, I want to try it again and find a better way to eat it because it tastes horrible. I tried in coffee, but maybe I was trying to put too much at once since it didn't taste very good and didn't blend.

Didn't read the title until now, but it's good for sports.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 10:12 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 9:51 pm

After listening to a couple of health experts discuss natural, gut health regulation, I am heeding their recommendation of incorporating 30 whole fruits and vegetables(whole frozen’s okay, nothing more processed)into my diet per week. Heading into my 4th week, averaging 20 whole fruits and vegetables thus far. Finding 30 such solitary items for sale has become the challenge in attempting to buy only what can be eaten before any spoilage. No noticeable results as of yet.

Edit: As this 4th week progresses, definitely not as hungry and my calorie count has dropped significantly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 6:25 pm

What The Health-Full Documentary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 11:11 am

^A crock of BS, the age restriction on the video above.

Slowly, I have transitioned to an organic, whole foods, plant based diet. There are three varieties of this diet: Plant Perfect, Plant Strong, and Plant Pure. I am definitely not on the Plant Perfect, the most strict choice of no meat, dairy, salt, sugar, oil(not even oil found in avocados or nuts) or any factory processed foods. My splurges have been on small amounts of condiments because everything natural still tastes bland and I’m waiting on the delivery of many organic additions to my diet. Thirteen days in I feel better than before, am waking more rested, have lost several pounds, and in general, feel more positive…about everything. The most recent guy I am dating, has been teaching me all sorts of useful things, this new way of eating being one of them. My only concern with this change is my protein intake being only 20 grams on average, a variety of beans are enroute to me which I’m counting on to elevate my protein to around 50 grams per day.
Back to top Go down
reasonvemotion

reasonvemotion

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 12:50 am

Soy is a high-quality protein. It is one of the few known plant foods (the other is amaranth seed and to a lesser degree, quinoa) to contain all the essential amino acids, like those found in meat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 7:43 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
Soy is a high-quality protein. It is one of the few known plant foods (the other is amaranth seed and to a lesser degree, quinoa) to contain all the essential amino acids, like those found in meat.

Recently tried quinoa and meh. Soy beans still need trying though.

Love the taste of amaranth, placed in the bread recipe I posted. Since I invested in a manual, grain grinder, ordering some amaranth seeds to process through the mill would make for a fun, homesteading project while making bread again.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 5:23 am

Quinoa has to be mixed with something else, or seasoned. Quinoa and lentils, for example.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 11:13 am

Adding raw onions to my diet, in relatively large quantities to see if it's improves my physical performance

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food and Health Food and Health - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food and Health
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4