Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Chit-Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:45 pm

It's a natural human impulse to want to clean up shit that makes you nauseous, as it a natural male impulse to want to find a solutions to a problem...males are proactive.
I know because I've felt it.....
But this is akin to the Augean Stables...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Unless you are a demi-god, like Hercules, then washing this shit away is a futile endeavour - the cows just produce more of it.
You must protect yourself and let the disease take its natural course - as it has before.
History repeats...but never in exactly the same way - because the cosmos is not absolutely ordered.

My Zombie Apocalypse thread offers my positions on how to survive this imminent Dark Age - which is only so in the "west", as was the last one.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:50 pm

We have the gods on our side, which is a metaphorical way of saying, "nature is self-correcting".
Nobody can escape reality for long.

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Satyr wrote:
Wasn't sure who was pretending to be me....but you were honest enough to admit it.
Wasting your time of these people lowers you to their level.
It's best to let them live with the belief that they are formidable and bold, to explain why they cannot get along with anyone.
Like iambig, with less charm.
When I suggested to Dan to tell the freak about ILP, and how it would be a good fit, I had no idea this would become its downfall.
Sort of, but not totally.

He can sometimes be quite funny, then he loses it and reverts to annoying everyone instead. I think he’d be ok, if he didn’t descend into his insanity.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:56 pm

All the bragging, self-aggrandizing, comes from a place of deep insecurity; all the absolute certainty, from a place of insecurity; all the insults from a place of great pain and suffering.
Learn to see it as their self-assesments exposing a deeper state - not even they will admit to.
The larger the claim, the deeper the pain.
The more extraordinary the conviction - hyperbolic - all the more ordinary the self-doubt.

Last edited by Satyr on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Datura wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Wasn't sure who was pretending to be me....but you were honest enough to admit it.
Wasting your time of these people lowers you to their level.
It's best to let them live with the belief that they are formidable and bold, to explain why they cannot get along with anyone.
Like iambig, with less charm.
When I suggested to Dan to tell the freak about ILP, and how it would be a good fit, I had no idea this would become its downfall.
Sort of, but not totally.

He can sometimes be quite funny, then he loses it and reverts to annoying everyone instead. I think he’d be ok, if he didn’t descend into his insanity.
What a positive outlook.
He's already insane - more so than the majority of your membership.
I've never seen so many psychotics gathered in one place, openly and proudly displaying their mental disorders.
It's what got me fascinated with ILP.
Now its reduced to mundane repetition by uncreative simpletons - with some notable exceptions.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:12 pm

She doesn't know the history of him. I was actually against the dungeon being deleted. I think keeping those remnants of those crazies who shared their essence should have been held up as a testament for all to see the truth of who they were and the insanity that lurks on the internet, especially all his posts, hundreds of insane posts of the most degenerate drivel he excreted for a year, could have allowed people to see the freak that he really was. If anything that dungeon forum was a kind of reference guide to modern psychologies and case studies.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:13 pm

He's not even the most interesting idiot on ILP.
There are far more fascinating degenerates there.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Satyr wrote:
All the bragging, self-gradizing, comes form a place of deep insecurity; all the absolute certainty, form a place of insecurity; all the insults from a place of great pain and suffering.
Learn to see it as their self-assesments exposing a deeper state - not even they will admit to.
The larger the claim, the deeper the pain.
The more extraordinary the conviction - hyperbolic - all the more ordinary the self-doubt.    

Resentment, discontent, the elemental forces that produce Hoffer's 'True Believer" and those who appoint themselves 'messengers of truth'. They need from others the identity they cannot create for themselves.
Back to top Go down

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Satyr wrote:
What a positive outlook.

Ha, thanks.. Very Happy

Quote :
He's already insane - more so than the majority of your membership.
I've never seen so many psychotics gathered in one place, openly and proudly displaying their mental disorders.
It's what got me fascinated with ILP.
Now its reduced to mundane repetition by uncreative simpletons - with some notable exceptions.

Yea.. there are some decent discussions on there.. a shame they’re too few.

I think it’s best when there’s not taken too seriously, as that’s when there can be too much.

Back to top Go down

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Satyr wrote:
We have the gods on our side, which is a metaphorical way of saying, "nature is self-correcting".

Once we leave our houses and shut the door behind us, we step into reality and everyone elses’ ..a homogeneous whole of realities colliding ..a human hadron collider, if you will.

I try to keep my distance from it all, but sometimes it can be impossible not to collide. I might have to do some colliding, once lockdown is over, to reacquaint myself with London all-over-again.
Back to top Go down

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 3:26 pm

Kvasir wrote:
She doesn't know the history of him. I was actually against the dungeon being deleted. I think keeping those remnants of those crazies who shared their essence should have been held up as a testament for all to see the truth of who they were and the insanity that lurks on the internet, especially all his posts, hundreds of insane posts of the most degenerate drivel he excreted for a year, could have allowed people to see the freak that he really was. If anything that dungeon forum was a kind of reference guide to modern psychologies and case studies.

I read some of his dungeon gems.. they were definitely something to behold.

I’m not quite sure if he’s putting it all on or not. I don’t take him seriously, but don’t mind cracking a few jokes with the guy.. until it starts getting too much/too serious.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Datura wrote:
Satyr wrote:

Once we leave our houses and shut the door behind us, we step into reality and everyone elses’ ..a homogeneous whole of realities colliding ..a human hadron collider, if you will.

I try to keep my distance from it all, but sometimes it can be impossible not to collide. I might have to do some colliding, once lockdown is over, to reacquaint myself with London all-over-again.
Keepin' distances is not an issue for me - I'm a loner by nature.
The issue is in democracies these masses of degenerate psychotic minds vote, and with their vote they affect all of us.
But there's not much to be done about that, so the mission is to adapt to the envirnment....as if we were truly living in a Zombie apocalypse.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Datura wrote:

I read some of his dungeon gems.. they were definitely something to behold. I’m not quite sure if he’s putting it all on or not. I don’t take him seriously, but don’t mind cracking a few jokes with the guy.. until it starts getting too much/too serious.

If you mean in the same way giant turds are something to behold in morbid fascination, than i agree. He, like many on there, are clowns. They like to pretend they don't mean what they type, or they meant something different, because they can allude to their private personality being something unique and unknowable; a defense mechanism. But, their posts are connected to their nature and expose who they are, something they take for granted. He will always ignore all the degeneracy he displayed in the past as something that never happened and through this denial, hope no one will know about it. He reinvents himself, like a typical modern psychology, doing away with his past, and losing himself in a progressive identity.

I never paid attention to that forum before, but there are some on there who make an attempt to be honest, such as 'WendyDarling'.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:30 pm

A slow detachment from reality is part of an organism's life cycle - with death being a complete break.
SuperOrganisms, e.g., cultures, nations, go through the same process.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Kvasir wrote:
Datura wrote:

I read some of his dungeon gems.. they were definitely something to behold. I’m not quite sure if he’s putting it all on or not. I don’t take him seriously, but don’t mind cracking a few jokes with the guy.. until it starts getting too much/too serious.

If you mean in the same way giant turds are something to behold in morbid fascination, than i agree. He, like many on there, are clowns. They like to pretend they don't mean what they type, or they meant something different, because they can allude to their private personality being something unique and unknowable; a defense mechanism. But, their posts are connected to their nature and expose who they are, something they take for granted. He will always ignore all the degeneracy he displayed in the past as something that never happened and through this denial, hope no one will know about it. He reinvents himself, like a typical modern psychology, doing away with his past, and losing himself in a progressive identity.

I never paid attention to that forum before, but there are some on there who make an attempt to be honest, such as 'WendyDarling'.
Obscurantism is part of degeneracy - a tool of self-comforting self-agradaizing self-decieivng linguistic delusions.

See how abstract art sells itself to the masses.
If you do not "get it" then you are uncultured and base...so all pretend they get how deep and profound it is, because in truth - whatever truth is found in it - is what is base and tired.
The same goes for ideologies.
The degenerate clouds his simplicity of motive in obscure linguistics, which then use shaming methods to sell themselves as profound.
If you do not get it, then you are not a deep thinker....but if you do it is simple and mystical, and magical....full of superstitious allegories.

The practice is part of Gypsy wandering lore - semiotics constructed to exploit and manipulate human vanity and desperation.
They can't speak clearly and obviously because if they do their ideas will be revealed as what they are - vacuous attempts to manipulate anxieties and fears.

The charlatan "abstract fArtist" can only paint abstract art because he has no talent to perceive and represent reality.
Same thing with the charlatan failosopher, full of unsubstantiated promises, and self-gratifying successes.
All word/number games.

A true philosopher intentionally uses obscurantism to evade using clear language, because he fears the consequences.
He can say the same in many different ways....and as clearly as to make it comprehensible to even the base and simple.....whereas the charlatan cannot - all he has is obscurantism to allude to his "profound depth" - just as a truly talented painter can paint realistic portraits and then indulge in abstract art forms, whereas the talentless fArtist cannot - all he has is his abstractions and the gullible who buy them.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:39 pm

nope...
Western refers to the European branch of the Indo-European racial/cultural group and language family.
United States was not a really a "western" civilization, but an experiment at leaving the Indo-euroepan old world behind.
It began as an Anglo-Saxon extension of Britain, after the defeat of the francs - payback for being totally dominated by the Norse, and though it adopted a Roman garb and had ambitions of becoming the New Rome - just as Russia did and still does - it gradually transformed into a secular version of Judeo-Puritanism, rebelling against all earthly authorities, including natural order. This is what we see in the current "crisis of identity" or "cancel culture" - the inherent "logic" of spiritual Judeo-Puriotanism morphing into secular Liberalism, and now postmodernism.
This "logic" is inherent in Abrahamism even if it is concealed in "family values" and monogamous practices.
It is a rebellion against the body, the physical world - the tangible - gradually replacing it with the "spiritual", the noetic, the ideological, the metaphysical, with no physical foundations.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:41 pm

Just as Christianity is a corrupted version of Hellenic paganism, the U.S. is a corrupted version of Rome.

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Satyr wrote:

Keepin' distances is not an issue for me - I'm a loner by nature.
The issue is in democracies these masses of degenerate psychotic minds vote, and with their vote they affect all of us.
But there's not much to be done about that, so the mission is to adapt to the envirnment....as if we were truly living in a Zombie apocalypse.
Funny you should say that.. on my way back home from a pal’s house just now, I decided that I need to up my speed, not decrease it. We drank Costa Coffees, listened to music on the radio, and reminisced over the good ole days when we went out-and-about roaming London Town.. it was hilarious to re-remember the mad things we did. Laughing The best friend I ever had. We’ve agreed to prat around Soho when we’re out of this current lockdown, to people-watch and watch the world go by.

As there are less people out on the streets, people are starting at each other more.. I don’t like it. Neutral on the way home I walked past a stop and search, and both the suspect and cops stared at me.. way to make a person feel self-conscious/awkward/weirded out. The moment will pass, and I’ll get over it soon.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:48 pm

One can be out and about and still be alone, enjoying a coffee.
As I've said before, I never feel as alone as when I am in a crowd - especially a crowd of imbeciles.
But I do enjoy people watching.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 7:24 pm

got suspended must of hit a nerve
Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 10:25 pm

this is a sober minded retrospective
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 am

I've downloaded the entire series.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 5:52 am

that's a good point; offline storage is key, doing otherwise is sloppy
Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 9:49 am

Quote :
got suspended must of hit a nerve

Minimizing interactions with junk food is easy, with junk people harder. Both essential for development.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 am

He who controls language controls consciousness; he who controls consciousness controls judgments; he who controls judgments controls choices.

Jargon exposes the motive and the contexts within which this control will take place.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 10:49 am

Quote :
The Chinese mind in many ways represents the unconscious of the West. I often wonder whether many Western traits might not be discovered in the composition of the Chinese unconscious. I am not sure about it, but it is quite certain that our unconscious contains a lot of Chinese ways, manners, and similes, and so forth.

- Carl Jung, Dream Symbols of the Individuation Process, Page 155

There was an initial fierce consciousness that was hampered after generations of social repression, that's the similarity, whereas semitic people get to be more themselves.

But Europeans could develop Chinese indifference, and Chinese could develop European inventiveness.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 11:00 am

The fact that the Chinese suffered from population pressures before the west did, would explain why they had to develop nihilistic ideologies to control their masses.
Chinese psyche has been feminized - even if it has developed a higher median intellectual potential - explaining why they never became explorers or great innovators and inventors.
Only a masculine spirit can challenge the authority of nature itself, and strive to subdue natural order, as if it were a feminine spirit.
Monotheism - Abrahamic triad - was the subjugation of tribes to an abstraction of masculinity - in the form of an idea, e.g., dogma, ideology - represented by semiotics, i.e., symbols, words/numbers.
So words/numbers become the expression of divine manhood, to which all must surrender or strive to become its favoured concubine, its earthly representative - chosen from among the many. Certain Afro-Asiatic tribes never developed any art or technologies comparable to those developed by European because their spirituality is feminine, developing only semiotics and psychological insights to facilitate their chosen survival strategies - even those that embraced Islam - seemingly the most aggressive variant of Abrahamism - is feminized at its core; its hyper-masculnie displays are overcompensations for spiritual, i.e., mental, submission to the alpha male dogma.

The Hellenic - Indo-European - spirit was masculine and this is why it could tolerate a multiplicity of dogmas and ideologies while maintaining its identity. Philosophy comes form the multiplicity, within which even Abrahamics concepts can be entertained....giving the impression that it was part of them....see how Platonism was integrated into Christianity, and why Socrates is considered one of the apostles of monotheism; we can even find Semitic superstitions included in the Hellenic spirit, without it threatening its core identity.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 1:01 pm

@Datura
It's one thing to have multiple-accounts, i.e., sock-puppets, and to pretend you are someone else, or not to be there at all, but you know what's difficult to achieve? To have no accounts and to be suspected of being multiple monikers, when you aren't any of them.
That, takes talent.
I don't expect you to take my word on it.

I am reminded of a quote...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...
But is it not an even greater trick to not-exist - be present - and to convince the world that you do?

Sponsored content

Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit-Chat Chit-Chat - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chit-Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: