Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess
 
HomePortalFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 9:12 am

Life and death are deeply intertwined.

Death has raised the standard of life. It continually pressures the living to rise to the occasion.

Without death, life would have stagnated long ago.

To discredit death, to attack it, is to deny part of existence. To undermine part of existence.

One can't truly appreciate life as it is, without also appreciating all which has moulded it and defined it.

It's not in the spirit of life to be overwhelmed and call defeat. Rather, to live, is to flow along the river of affect and flourish in it's streams. To revel in the journey, the experience, the opportunity.

That which is incapable of doing this, isn't well adjusted to living. But we are powerful beings, and can readjust accordingly. Once again rise to the occasion.

----

This is a link ---> Second Father <---This is a link

What is Death's perspective?

Death doesn't have bad intent for me. He is not my enemy, just misunderstood.

Death loves me just as much as my mother, Life.

However, he will take the role of the strict enforcer if necessary.

He doesn't seek to be liked. He seeks to do the right thing.

He isn't prejudiced against my current state.

He looks at a wider scope.

He says, 'You like how you are now. I know. But you must grow, you need to be strong. I'm going to break you down. When you pick up the remnants, you've an opportunity to build the strongest version of yourself yet.'

Or, 'I have many children to attend to. You've had your time, it's time to step aside and give others the room to spread their wings. Be brave, we'll come back for you'.

Or, 'You've journeyed with your mother for some time. Now it's time for you to come with me on a journey. I've much to teach you.'

----

Life is a precious gift, and to our knowledge, it has scope. It's not endless.

To desire something with all your heart and being, yet to say no to it, is truly a great crime.

When one is told they can't do all in one life time, what is the reaction?

To order and prioritize one's interests, values, desires, hopes, dreams.

Why?

Because if one understands what one values most, one can decorate each day with one's highest interests, goal, values.

What is implied by the motivation to prioritize your time?

That you love life. That you respect it enough, to want to do it right, in spite of whatever adversity is thrown your way.

If I were to describe the most fundamental aspect of my being, it would be of one who loves existence. That is my core and inspires and molds EVERYTHING I do.

Stressing over death and it's impact, is again a perfect illustration that one is a healthy loving being. Well adjusted to living.

Suffering highlights malpractice. When one suffers, it's because a core need is being neglected or abused.

Suffering is a blessing - Assuming one can resolve the source.

---

To deny your highest ideal, is to say you're not worth it, or life's not worth it. Both of these are wrong. We're all beautiful, powerful beings and life is a gift beyond measure. And we can give that gift to others. We can create a new living being, a universe - can give a gift of immeasurable value to others. And live amongst others - sharing, maximizing and respecting the gift. To grow and journey together, hand in hand, hearts in unison.

This is the value of Life.


Again, I love all of you and I hope you can share the meaning of these words with me.

====
====

Thoughts?


Last edited by Joe Schmoe on Wed May 28, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 9:26 am

Satyr,

You said I didn't give a fuck about you.

That I'm not sincere in my will to provide whatever support or knowledge I'm capable of to this community.

This is a gift to you, I'm not positive it's a relevant one, but my hearts in it.

I believe this post accurately reflects how and why I've disagreed with you on on the base motivator behind actions, and what is sincere.

Are you prepared to address it? In as much if you believe it is accurate, or inaccurate?

I'm very curious about your reaction based on our past interactions.
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 am

It just sounds so corny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 9:40 am

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Satyr,

You said I didn't give a fuck about you.

That I'm not sincere in my will to provide whatever support or knowledge I'm capable of to this community.

This is a gift to you, I'm not positive it's a relevant one, but my hearts in it.

I believe this post accurately reflects how and why I've disagreed with you on on the base motivator behind actions, and what is sincere.

Are you prepared to address it? In as much if you believe it is accurate, or inaccurate?

I'm very curious about your reaction based on our past interactions.

Why, do you think this is something new to me?
Your thread brims with modern anxiety, and Judeo-Christian hatred for life.
You are drunk with naivete.

Mother life is not caring, dear boy.
She is indifferent.
She pits you against those you call your brothers, asking you to fight for her.
That you cower beneath death's embrace, is what makes you a Nihilist.

What value does love have when it is given to everyone?
I do not value a whore's embrace.

But, you come looking for motherly advice.
I'll let the females offer you what you need, because you truly do not want what I have to offer.

That you can only understand this through emotions, is what exposes you.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Tue May 27, 2014 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 9:40 am

There Will Be Blood,

I honestly expected that reaction from many in this community.

When I was younger, I was very angry, confused and hurt.

Why is it corny to say life is a gift?

Because you're angry at it, and you don't want to give it a fucking inch.

People who say life is good are cowards who are afraid to admit the nature of reality, a long, painful struggle until you're inevitable death.

Flowery words are there to cover the void that reality creates in people when it's true, disgusting, unrelenting, uncaring, brutal interior is revealed.

Right?

I think you need to go on a long journey before you can honestly say that my post isn't corny. That you can say, 'I love myself and existence and I am prepared to live. Perpared to push the boundaries where I can, without being defeated by adversity, and do justice to my opportunity'.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am

Satyr wrote:
Why, do you think this is something new to me?
I said I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I offer what I can because I WANT to be of use to you. I believe you're hurting and I hope to provide any tools I can to assist you in developing the power within to over that which harms you.

Satyr wrote:
Your thread brims with modern anxiety, and Judeo-Christian hatred for life.
I've repeated many times in the thread that I love life and want to live a strong one, without being dictated by fear.

If you read the link Second Father, it is about using the power of anxiety to fuel progress.

It isn't weak to feel fear. It's how you deal with it that determines the (wo)man.

Satyr wrote:
Mother life is not caring, dear boy.
She pits you against those you call your brothers, asking you to fight for her.
That you cower beneath death's embrace, is what makes you a Nihilist.
I am part of life. You are part of life. We comprise life.

I am caring, thus part of Mother life is caring. I believe in the sincerity of my care, thus, I believe in the potential throughout Mother life for care.

Satyr wrote:
What value does love have when it is given to everyone?
I do not value a whore's embrace.
Love is intrinsically value. It's value isn't determined by whether it is scarce or abundant, but rather it's affects on that which judges value.

Satyr wrote:
But, you come looking for motherly advice.
I'll let the females offer you what you need, because you truly do not want what I offer.
I am a powerful being who can provide the support I need internally. I am a healthy, self sustaining system.

I am here because I'm curious about YOUR integrity. I am using your reaction to this sincere advice as a means to gauge it.

Also, it's a good learning experience to see how people in your position react to such opposing views.

Satyr wrote:
That you can only understand this through emotions, is what exposes you.
My post contains logic, rationale, and reason.

Your weak link is your emotions, since you're unprepared to respect them fully.

I do not stumble at this hurdle any longer.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:00 am

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Satyr wrote:
Why, do you think this is something new to me?
I said I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I offer what I can because I WANT to be of use to you. I believe you're hurting and I hope to provide any tools I can to assist you in developing the power within to over that which harms you.
Ha!!!
A savior coming to heal the ache, with love.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I am here because I'm curious about YOUR integrity. I am using your reaction to this sincere advice as a means to gauge it.
Then you are not self-sustaining.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Also, it's a good learning experience to see how people in your position react to such opposing views.
I would guess with fear and anger.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
My post contains logic, rationale, and reason.
Whatever you say, boy.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Your weak link is your emotions, since you're unprepared to respect them fully.
Exploit my weakness, using your emotions.
Heal me of my indifference towards you.
Love me despite myself.
Teach me to love, because I am loveless.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I do not stumble at this hurdle any longer.
Really?
Have you found Jesus and accepted him into your life?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

Quote :
There Will Be Blood,

I honestly expected that reaction from many in this community.

When I was younger, I was very angry, confused and hurt.

Why is it corny to say life is a gift?

Because you're angry at it, and you don't want to give it a fucking inch.

People who say life is good are cowards who are afraid to admit the nature of reality, a long, painful struggle until you're inevitable death.

Flowery words are there to cover the void that reality creates in people when it's true, disgusting, unrelenting, uncaring, brutal interior is revealed.

Right?

I think you need to go on a long journey before you can honestly say that my post isn't corny. That you can say, 'I love myself and existence and I am prepared to live. Perpared to push the boundaries where I can, without being defeated by adversity, and do justice to my opportunity'.

It's a gift because a price was paid. A good act does not wash away a bad act, nor the bad the good.

Mine is the Drowned God. What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 am

Satyr wrote:
Ha!!!
A savior coming to heal the ache, with love.
Sarcasm: The refuge of the angry child without justification for defiance?

Satyr wrote:
Then you are not self-sustaining.
I take it upon myself to use you as a means to learn.

If you do not humour me, I will not break. I will continue existing. Therefore, I still am a self sustaining system.

There is no shame in taking advantage of what tools are at one's proximity.

Satyr wrote:
Whatever you say, boy.
It's on you to justify your assertion. I can't read your mind. Once you justify it, I can respond directly.

Satyr wrote:
Exploit my weakness, using your emotions.
Heal me of my indifference towards you.
Love me despite myself.
Teach me to love, because I am loveless.
Your weakness is the ability to respect your own emotions. My emotions are not intended to confuse or prey on you.

exploit - make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.

I am being extremely open and sincere. I want to influence you, but not force you. As I said earlier, I'd like to see you have the tools to do right by yourself. I'm trying to give you tools and relevant applications.

Satyr wrote:
Really?
Have you found Jesus and accepted him into your life?
Emotions don't need to relate to Jesus at all. You're accusing emotions of being insincere by virtue of assosciation.

I am an Atheist, but am spiritual. Spirituality is not religion.

It appears you're seeking an easy way to dismiss the integrity of emotions, so you compare it to religion.

This is an unreasoable and unsound connection in the context that I've been referencing it.


Last edited by Joe Schmoe on Tue May 27, 2014 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 am

TWBB,

Gift - a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.
Back to top Go down
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:18 am

+ taken from something else + rejected to all else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:21 am

You understand that this I'm so healed stuff comes off as unhealed right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:24 am

Living beings die regardless of our intervention.

Therefore, to be fueled by another past being is not taking, because it all goes back in the box when we die.

We're all recycled, and ownership is a human construct.

However, you misunderstood the context of my words.

For parents to give birth to a child, is a gift.

The child's existence is given willingly by the parents, and not at the expense of another who is not willing to indeed be influened.

When two people exchange a hug, it isn't at the expense of anyone else. It's a gift exchanged by both parties who create value in a situation where positive is creative, and no negative is created.

No one's being harmed due to it.

----

To have a child isn't a rejection of something that doesn't exist.

To give someone a hug isn't a rejection, but an embrace, literally.

----

I expect you to be skeptical and critical of me. It's in your nature, of someone who is extremely protective of their welfare and safety.

I do not claim to be completely healed. I'm saying I'm not falling into the traps that I believe you and Satyr are stuck in. This is not equal to saying I don't stumble into shit myself.


Last edited by Joe Schmoe on Tue May 27, 2014 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:25 am

Joe Schmoe wrote:

Sarcasm: The refuge of the angry child without justification for defiance?
...or the only response left when faced with stupidity, when culling is outllawed.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I take it upon myself to use you as a means to learn.
I feel exploited.
What will my reward be?
Humor?
One cannot learn when he is full of unsubstantiated words.
Begin by defining LOVE, since it is central to your anxiety ridden response to the indifference of life.

No, anger and hatred are not the opposite of love....Indifference stands outside this human paradigm.
To understand love<>hate emotional world-views you must understand the words used to describe the sensation.  

Joe Schmoe wrote:
If you do not humour me, I will not break. I will continue existing. Therefore, I still am a self sustaining system.
Lucky for you, the human world is so sheltering.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
It's on you to justify your assertion. I can't read your mind. Once you justify it, I can respond directly.
You assert and I must justify my rejection?
Nice.
If I responded seriously to every mind coming here to post emotional declarative statements, then baptizing them "reasonable," I would have to quit my job and dedicate myself exclusively to this futile pastime.

You use words like 'love', 'hate', 'anger', you propose to know my feelings, to have understood my psychology, my motives, with nothing more than statements, and I'm supposed to take you seriously?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Your weakness is the ability to respect your own emotions. My emotions are not intended to confuse or prey on you.
I am distinctly unemotional when thinking about the world.
Your emotions are means to justify themselves to you.
You have just about the same chance of "preying" on me, as a christian has of "saving me from death".
But, if you feel a positive sensation at the idea of me being afraid, and angry, please do not let me inhibit your emotional fix.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I am being extremely open and sincere.
I believe you.
I have faith in your judgment.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I want to influence you, but not force you. As I said earlier, I'd like to see you have the tools to do right by yourself. I'm trying to give you tools and relevant applications.
So, it is already a given that I am not right, and I am in pain, no?
Is that part of your reasoning?
I am lost, afraid, full of anger and pain...not stable...in the wrong place, in a wrong mental space.
Is that the starting "rational" premises for the coming offering of a hand?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I am an Atheist, but am spiritual. Spirituality is not religion.
I asked you if you found Jesus, boy.
Being 'born again', has a similar affect on the brain.


I think Phonee , and Moooo will be the best targets for your loving gestures, my boy.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 am

Quote :
I expect you to be skeptical and critical of me. It's in your nature, of someone who is extremely protective of their welfare and safety.

I do not claim to be completely healed. I'm saying I'm not falling into the traps that I believe you and Satyr are stuck in. This is not equal to saying I don't stumble into shit myself.

Giving does feel better than receiving. Having something else to protect is infinitley better than protecting yourself. But I'm extremely selective, you know? You're the narcissistic one creating his own world in which he is due love because he was so denied it for long.


plsplsplsplspls give your opinion of this video:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:48 am

It's remarkable how the action of a hug is cut away from past and future, to make it a divine expression of selfless interactivity.
It's like the word 'love' being detached from its survival utility....or how the word 'humanity' is detached from its sexual implications, to  sanctify it.

The "savior" sets his "love" against his own fear and anger, and then projects these upon the others who still reject his mind-numbing device of love, as an ideal void of a natural reference point.

But you see the uncertainty.
He must test his method against those he will cast in the role of his "past self", the before enlightenment, salvation, occurred, to determine the effectiveness of his inebriation, the strength of his armor.
Can the world still hurt me?
He uses a natural agency to determine his new-found defensiveness.

The terrified by life mind, having structured an armor of emotional numbness, is still riddled with anxiety:
Is it enough?
Will it work?
Have I missed a spot?
Will the world still hurt me through a gap I did not notice?

You notice this strategy in the specimen above.
It could not forget....it had to come here, after it had repaired its armor, to retest it.
It failed the first time, getting mauled...retreating to lick its wounds and repair its old shield.
It then felt grateful, having survived, because it learned where it was weak.
It comes here to save itself, but tells us he is here to help us.

Once more, it projects its fear, anxiety, anger, upon the ones who will play the role of him in the past, before he began to construct his numbing panoply.
His gesture would be self-contradictory if he did not come with humility, offering help.
Our presumed pain, if a redirected pain in him.
Our hypothetical anger, is his anger against life.
He feels us through himself.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:53 am

Satyr wrote:
I feel exploited.
What will my reward be?
Humor?
It's for you decide whether you wish to engage with me and if so, why.

I can say communicating with me is an oppotunity to be confronted by an alternate view in regards to the issues addressed.

I'm not forcing you to communicate with me, I asked it of you, but didn't command.

Satyr wrote:
Begin by defining LOVE
Love is respect and value of something.

The will to preserve, embrace and improve it.

Satyr wrote:
No, anger and hatred are not the opposite of love....Indifference stands outside this human paradigm.
To understand love<>hate emotional world-views you must understand the words used to describe the sensation.

I never said anger/hatred are the opposite of love. I'm saying your anger/hatred is inhibiting your ability to love and accept love.

I do understand the words as illustrated by the definitions provided upon request.

Satyr wrote:
You assert and I must justify my rejection?
Nice.
I made assertions in this thread and I justified and will justify them further upon specific request.

You made the assertion I can only understand through this content through emotion, yet you referenced no section of my writing that lacks rationale, reason and logic.

Please go ahead and reference (justify) where I've lacked rationale, reason and logic, then I can defend against the assertion.

Satyr wrote:
You use words like 'love', 'hate', 'anger', you propose to know my feelings, to have understood my psychology, my motives, with nothing more than statements, and I'm supposed to take you seriously?

People are very similar. I compare you to people I know deeply who I believe are extremely similar to you, and have displayed all the signs that you demonstrate when I've been communicating with you.

I can't force you to take me seriously. It's up to you whether you're prepared to consider my words with an open and mind and judge for yourself based on the content of my writing whether I'm worthy of respectful consideration.

As a note, your first response to me was complete dismissal. So you've illustrated a predisposition to not take foreign content seriously or respectfully, and further, to attack it without investing the time to judge it with an open mind.

[quote="Satyr"]Your weakness is the ability to respect your own emotions. My emotions are not intended to confuse or prey on you.[quote]
How is it a weakness to consider one's emotions and let them contribute to one's decision making and actions?

----

I'll explain to you why disrespecting your emotions is a weakness.

Emotions evolved and were shaped by natural selection. They were used as an efficient means to prompt action that inevitably lead to an increase in our welfare, thus why they continue to exist in the present, and weren't weeded out.

They have a healthy affect on us.

By disregarding your emotions, you're saying no to the benefit they've offered people all through the thousands of years of our evolution.

Based on this rejection of emotions, I believe you're suffering psychologically and are inhibited in many realms of healthy behaviour.

Satyr wrote:
So, it is already a given that I am not, and I am in pain, no?
Is that part of your reasoning?
Yes.

I believe healthy people don't react with such hostility to other people.

This is a defense mechanism, a sign of a hidden vulnerability that needs to be exposed to the open air and healed in a safe environment.

You're wounded.

Satyr wrote:
I asked you if you found Jesus, boy.
Being 'born again', has a similar affect on the brain.
I am the same person I've always been.

Every experience in my life has contributed to who I am at the present moment. I do no reject or deny any aspect of my past, but that is different than saying I would react to those environments in the same way.

I would not repeat many of my past actions. I have learnt many valuable lessons and do not want to cause the suffering that some of my actions caused.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 938
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 am

Joe Schmoe wrote:
We're all beautiful, powerful beings and life is a gift beyond measure. And we can give that gift to others. We can create a new living being, a universe - can give a gift of immeasurable value to others. And live amongst others - sharing, maximizing and respecting the gift. To grow and journey together, hand in hand, hearts in unison.

This is the value of Life.

Again, I love all of you and I hope you can share the meaning of these words with me.


Joe Schmoe wrote:
I am an Atheist, but am spiritual. Spirituality is not religion.



"We can" "Hand in Hand" "Love" for "all"...the cringeworthy "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual".

All sentiments that are used as ammunition by the system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 am

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Love is respect and value of something.
Define respect and value.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
The will to preserve, embrace and improve it.
And how do you embrace and improve something?
Do you protect it from the world?
Do you save it from its nature?
Do you lie to it?

Why do you need to do this if life is loving?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Tue May 27, 2014 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 10:58 am

TWBB wrote:
You're the narcissistic one creating his own world in which he is due love because he was so denied it for long.
I am not owed anything.

I take every day as a gift and am extemely grateful for all that I have.

---

I don't need to watch the video. You're conflating creating life and sustaining life. Creating life is a gift. Sustaining it, not necessarily.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:02 am

My positions on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Understanding emotions, including love, is appreciating them for what they are...not surrendering to them.
The assumption that I have no emotional content, that I do not love my family, my son, life...because I reject your universal love for all, is how you expose your anxiety and fear.

What you know about me is nil.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:07 am

Quote :
I take every day as a gift and am extemely grateful for all that I have.

Its funny isn't it? Whenever we get what we want the heart just starts craving something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perpetualburn

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 938
Join date : 2013-01-04
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:08 am

There's even a Wikipedia page on "spiritual but not religious"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
The term "spiritual" is now frequently used in contexts in which the term "religious" was formerly employed.[20] Both theistic and atheistic beliefs have been known to criticize this development.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
There Will Be Blood

avatar

Gender : Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:12 am

New Age spirituality = the secular humanist version of Judeo-Chrisitian nihilism.

It erases God - God is dead - and in its place it puts the nebulous term HUMANITY, now disconnected from its sexual, species, roots.
An idea(l).
"Love" remains the all encompassing, uniforming glue, and like with its origins in lust it deals with the natural drive to distinguish, and with the fight/flight mechanism.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 am

Satyr wrote:
Define respect and value.
Respect is a method of treatment towards something. Be it the self, or an other.

It involves treating something with care and sincerity. It can be caused by relating the respected thing to a set of internal values and ideals, and seeing how they are mutual.

Value attributed to things that cause positive affect on the individual. If one senses something is benefitting the individual in some form, they will begin to value it.

To value it enables one to recognize it in the future and embrace / take advantage of it when the opportunity arises.

Satyr wrote:
And how do you embrace and improve something?
To embrace it, one must incorporate it's affect into one's life.

To improve it, one must understand the affect or value that said something has, and enable it to grow in power, influence and radius.

Satyr wrote:
Do you protect it from the world?
Understand what it's threats and weaknesses are, then fortify them in a rational way in a manner which will minimize the potential of the threats being successful in harming the valued thing.

Satyr wrote:
Do you save it from its nature?
If it's nature is harming it, then yes.

Satyr wrote:
Do you lie to it?
Lying is disrespectful and undermines the integrity of the relationship between one and the valued.

Under severe circumstances, it could be acceptable to lie to the valued, if the lie will undermine a great value or ideal that is at risk.

Satyr wrote:
Why do you need to do this id life is loving?
To love life, is to treat it respectfully.

If one respects life, they will maximize the quality in their path through life.

Our bodies are structured to value living, thus, it's in our interests to acknowledge our intrinsic interest in living, and adapt accordingly.

To resist or fight it, will cause suffering, because one will be denied a strong need and desire.

It's in one's welfare to treat one's body with love.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:17 am

This conversation could continue seemingly indefinitely, but I'm taking my leave for the time being.

It's getting late.

I intend to return to this thread and continue responding to your comments.

In spite of your attitude towards me, I am glad that everyone in this thread has responded to me.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 11:29 am

Joe Schmoe wrote:

Respect is a method of treatment towards something. Be it the self, or an other.
Yes, so as to not lose it.
We respect because we value it as a necessity in our life.

We care for it because it gives us something we value.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Value attributed to things that cause positive affect on the individual. If one senses something is benefitting the individual in some form, they will begin to value it.
It's a projection of potential, as some value death because they think it holds the potential to enter eternal life.
Value is a temporal evaluation.


Joe Schmoe wrote:
To embrace it, one must incorporate it's affect into one's life.

To improve it, one must understand the affect or value that said something has, and enable it to grow in power, influence and radius.
Therefore, according to you, you improve it in accordance to what satisfies you, not necessarily it.
I would imporve a lion to make it the best man eater out there, according to its nature. You would tame it, trying to make it into a pet.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Understand what it's threats and weaknesses are, then fortify them in a rational way in a manner which will minimize the potential of the threats being successful in harming the valued thing.
Therefore, for you understanding is only useful in relation to your fears.

Do you seek understanding despite your fears?
Do you try to know even if what you know is against your self-interests?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
If it's nature is harming it, then yes.
So, for you, nature is self-harming, and you, imposing your human ideals, will lead it to salvation.

I would say that living in accordance to one's nature is by definition never self-harming.  

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Lying is disrespectful and undermines the integrity of the relationship between one and the valued.
So you would never lie to someone you respect, even if telling them the truth, as you see it (honestly), might cause him harm, or drive him away?

So, hatred and anger are not necessarily the underlying emotions for speaking one's mind honestly and openly, no matter who is hurt.
Your premise that I am angry fails.
You've projected your emotion at hearing a position that frightens you, and you wrongly assume it was the motive, and the underlying emotion in the one who exposed it to you.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Under severe circumstances, it could be acceptable to lie to the valued, if the lie will undermine a great value or ideal that is at risk.
Ah, so lying is only justified when it satisfies your values.
Therefore, the underlying motive is a fear of losing what you need in your life, and so you value it.  

Can one lie to one's self, and become convinced it's the honest truth?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
To love life, is to treat it respectfully.

If one respects life, they will maximize the quality in their path through life.
And one way to do so it to expose it to things that might harm it so as to make it stronger and so more able to sustain itself in an indifferent world.
Sheltering it, although pleasant in the immediate, would be harmful to the valued one, because it will atrophy, become dependent, and soft.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Our bodies are structured to value living, thus, it's in our interests to acknowledge our intrinsic interest in living, and adapt accordingly.
Therefore, natural living is not self-damaging.
To live in accordance with nature, including violently, exploiting, using the weak, is self-affirming, self-sustaining.
To value self is to value self above other.

Joe Schmoe wrote:
To resist or fight it, will cause suffering, because one will be denied a strong need and desire.
And suffering is to be avoided, as not helpful, not in the interest of the valued one?
Hedonism is loving and healthy?
Is sheltering a child so that it remains infantile a gesture of love?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
It's in one's welfare to treat one's body with love.
As it is to treat another's body so.
It's in one's own interest to lie, or to hurt, if it preserves the presence of a loved one.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Satyr,

You're straw-manning me with the typical shit you started out with.

The only people who will respect you are vulnerable fools.

I'm tired of your shit and I'm completely confident there's not an inch of integrity in you.

Your questions were rooted in fear, then when I respond with how to react fear, you straw man me and say all I think about is fear. But it's you who asked the questions, Satyr. It's YOU who is the coward.

Case in point - Your desperation to dismiss me. You'll throw everything AND the kitchen sink to dismiss me. You're like a child who blocks their ears hysterically repeating 'I'm not listening. I'm not listening. I'm not listening...'

Fuck you.

I'm done with you. Enjoy rotting.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Satyr,

You're straw-manning me with the typical shit you started out with.

The only people who will respect you are vulnerable fools.

Or someone strong enough to value his reality.

That is definitely not you.



Quote :
I'm tired of your shit and I'm completely confident there's not an inch of integrity in you.

It explains why YOU came here seeking him.

Quote :

Case in point - Your desperation to dismiss me. You'll throw everything AND the kitchen sink to dismiss me. You're like a child who blocks their ears hysterically repeating 'I'm not listening. I'm not listening. I'm not listening...'

Fuck you.

I'm done with you. Enjoy rotting.

The typical juvenile childish response when it hears what it doesn't like hearing and had expected some soothsayings.

ta...

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm

How is your sister schmoe?

Out of rehab. yet?

Did your love help her pull through?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Joeuu Schmooooo wrote:
Satyr,

You're straw-manning me with the typical shit you started out with.

The only people who will respect you are vulnerable fools.

I'm tired of your shit and I'm completely confident there's not an inch of integrity in you.

The coward you are.
There goes the reasonable approach.

Joeuu Schmooooo wrote:
Your questions were rooted in fear, then when I respond with how to react fear, you straw man me and say all I think about is fear. But it's you who asked the questions, Satyr. It's YOU who is the coward.
I do believe Phoneee and Mooo are in your party.

Joeuu Schmooooo wrote:
Case in point - Your desperation to dismiss me. You'll throw everything AND the kitchen sink to dismiss me. You're like a child who blocks their ears hysterically repeating 'I'm not listening. I'm not listening. I'm not listening...'
Another excellent point.

Joeuu Schmooooo wrote:
Fuck you.
Tank you, I will make love to myself.

Joeuu Schmooooo wrote:
I'm done with you. Enjoy rotting.
I am a sad, lonely, man...who loves nobody and nobody loves me.
It's a good image.
Convenient.

Ta, Ta,

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Lyssa wrote:
How is your sister schmoe?

Out of rehab. yet?

Did your love help her pull through?
He loved too much.
He found his mind-numbing drug, she found her chemical joy.

So much love there.
Lightness, healthy...happy.

I a miserable goat.

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν


Last edited by Satyr on Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Lyssa wrote:
How is your sister schmoe?

Out of rehab. yet?

Did your love help her pull through?

Yes.

Fuck you very much.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
avatar

Gender : Female Posts : 9035
Join date : 2012-03-01
Location : The Cockpit

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
How is your sister schmoe?

Out of rehab. yet?

Did your love help her pull through?

Yes.

Fuck you very much.


Love is so powerful.

Its all we need.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm so loveless I never did drugs, or got addicted to anything.
I did smoke for a while...then gave it up cold turkey...and I do overindulge in wine, sometimes...
It gets my creative juices flowing.

I guess my unhappiness protects me from substance abuse.


_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:17 pm

I'll continue.

Why do I disrespect you?

Because you disrespect me for the entirety of my communication with you.

It's not because I can't handle your 'superior intellect' and 'bravery'.

You repeatedly insult someone, and expect them to want to continue engaging with you? Are you a fucking retard? Are you that socially inept? You don't need to answer that. It's called a rhetorical question. Also, it's an insult.

Your entire personality revolves around being a fearful coward, undermining absolutely any challenge so you don't have to actually question yourself, and then complete denial of your underhanded tacts, fear, and insecurity.

You are so transparent it's comical when I take the time to look at it, but I've little time for that, because the duration I'm in proximity to you, you're throwing shit at me like a defenseless monkey, in an attempt to distract me from how laughably pathetic and inadequite you are as a human being.

When you can't answer a point, you just ignore and throw in a few blanket dismissals. You haven't said anything of relevance that disputes my position, barring blanket dismissals that you failed to justify in the slightest. I answered your bullshit, then you just added more accusations.

All the while, never addressing a single fucking point.

That's you all over, Satyr.

You're a shallow little man, posing as something substantial. But all you got is smoke and mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Love is so powerful.

Its all we need.

Helping my sister is very likely more substantial than anything you've ever done in your life. I'm also raising her kid, to boot.

Enjoy posing with your cult leader.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:27 pm

The reason why I came here is because I feel sorry for Satyr, even more so his child.

I wanted to give him some useful advice. He's too afraid to accept it. As usual.

My father was like Satyr, and I know how much my father inhibited me.

I relate to his son. Part of me hopes that if I can teach Satyr how to be fear/hate free, he wont preach it to his son and fuck him up.

That's the truth.

If Satyr lived alone and didn't have a family, I wouldn't be here.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
avatar

Gender : Male Pisces Posts : 14631
Join date : 2009-08-24
Age : 51
Location : Flux

PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion Tue May 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Joe Schmoe wrote:
The reason why I came here is because I feel sorry for Satyr, even more so his child.
Do you feel a kinship to my son, man-child?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I wanted to give him some useful advice. He's too afraid to accept it. As usual.

My father was like Satyr, and I know how much my father inhibited me.
Was he a loveless prick, like me?
Did he abuse you?
Cal you names?
Belittle you?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
I relate to his son. Part of me hopes that if I can teach Satyr how to be fear/hate free, he wont preach it to his son and fuck him up.
Am I a bad parent to my son, man-child?
Do I abuse him, like daddy abused you?

Joe Schmoe wrote:
That's the truth.

If Satyr lived alone and didn't have a family, I wouldn't be here.
Are you here to save yourself, in my son?

_________________
γνῶθι σεαυτόν
μηδέν άγαν
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://satyr.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion

Back to top Go down
 
Life & Death (II) - Love and Compassion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Urgent prayer four critical life and death situations.
» Law and grace vs curses and blessings
» Hmoob tua me nyuam tuag, Family documented baby's life and death in videos (Caiiou Tubzoo Xiong)
» TREY SMITH - AFTERLIFE: THE TRUTH ABOUT "LIFE-AFTER-DEATH" ~ A SUPERNATURAL DOCUMENTARY ON HEAVEN, HELL & ANGELS
» Life review after death?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Know Thyself :: AGORA-
Jump to: