Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:49 am

"Why go throw the trouble of defeating a strong criticism, if you can invent a weak one to defeat?"

Better question: if it takes no bread from your table, no shingles from your roof; if it impinges on you in no way, why worry about criticism?

Mebbe that criticism -- if understood -- can put food on your table (or, free you up in some way), but that's a different matter than working to defeat or counter criticism.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 am

Talking about scents; anybody ever noticed a similarity between the smell of young children / toddlers and old people (in a home for elderly)? When I was a child and I so now and then had to go to the childcare; I became sickened by the smell.

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 am

May I ask if the smell of animals bothers you as much as people and the products of people?
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 am

I am not bothered by the smell of animals as long they are in hygiene, presumed that they are kept and taken care off by humans and/or by their own instincts to clean themselves.

The most disgusting smell is human garbage, especially the most fine particles which will stick in your mouth and nose and throat and on your skin; ever been on a garbage dump?

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Arditezza

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:37 am

OhFortunae wrote:
Talking about scents; anybody ever noticed a similarity between the smell of young children / toddlers and old people (in a home for elderly)? When I was a child and I so now and then had to go to the childcare; I became sickened by the smell.

It's most probably dried urine, and feces that you scent both in elderly homes and child care facilities. Their diets are similar (bland) and the diaper material is the same as well. Urine has a high ammonia base and makes the air a bit acrid. I'm immune to it at this point I think because I am often in a hospital/elderly care/hospice care setting most often in my work when I am not working on grants and research.

I am not bothered by animals, actually. It might be because I understand that there is nothing they can do about it. For humans, it can be quite different. Though when I am doing volunteer work around the holidays I encounter a lot of homeless people and their small doesn't seem to bother me. There isn't a thing some of them can do about it so I guess my brain just shuts off it's disgust meter for a little bit.

I've never thought about that before... stinky babies don't bother me either, nor do diapers on babies or adults.

Garbage dumps though... Worst smell ever.

When your arguments are guided by your conclusions, you aren't doing philosophy, you are merely demonstrating your bias.
Back to top Go down
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:50 pm

OhFortunae wrote:
I am not bothered by the smell of animals as long they are in hygiene, presumed that they are kept and taken care off by humans and/or by their own instincts to clean themselves.

The most disgusting smell is human garbage, especially the most fine particles which will stick in your mouth and nose and throat and on your skin; ever been on a garbage dump?

I've been in similar places.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: (posted over at PN) all you really need to know about people and politcs Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:25 am

Bluntly: there are three broad classes of man...

The naturally governed: it is their lot to be directed...most are content with this, especially when base needs and desires are satisfied...some, while discontent, are too stupid or weak to step out of line.

The naturally governing: it is their lot to direct...they crave this...this craving is their chief qualification for governing...these are the directors of resource and flesh, the managers of nation and mind.

The naturally ungovernable: it is their lot to bridle at even the hint of another's authority...dissatisfied and criminally-minded, they join the ranks of the governors (a poor fit), or, actively oppose the governors and the governed (a poor choice), or, work hard to quietly insulate themselves and go about their own business...the ungovernable are a plague to both the governors and the governed and probably should be rounded up and shot.
Back to top Go down
Arditezza

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Hmm.

I think that I can be all three at once.

I've found that I might wear any of those hats within any given day. When I am with my patients and their families, I am very much in charge and governing the situation at hand. When I am doing research and applying for grants, I am also governing that process and many people and resources are involved.

In a hospital setting, I allow the doctor to govern the patient care and I follow instructions without question and I get the job done. At home, I am both the governed and the governess depending on the situation.

In my car, I am ungovernable. I don't accept authority at all. I drive as fast as I want, how I want and I think that these arbitrary speed limits are designed for revenues and not safety. I actively disobey the speed limit. I lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years and drove on the Autobahn, I know exactly my comfortable and effective speed limit. Fuck the cops. I have really expensive radar detectors and often will pack with others to convoy through an area at a higher rate of speed.

When your arguments are guided by your conclusions, you aren't doing philosophy, you are merely demonstrating your bias.
Back to top Go down
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:37 am

You seem almost as confident in the driving of others as your own.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:51 am

Arditezza wrote:
Hmm.

I've found that I might wear any of those hats within any given day. When I am with my patients and their families, I am very much in charge and governing the situation at hand. When I am doing research and applying for grants, I am also governing that process and many people and resources are involved.

In a hospital setting, I allow the doctor to govern the patient care and I follow instructions without question and I get the job done. At home, I am both the governed and the governess depending on the situation.

In my car, I am ungovernable. I don't accept authority at all. I drive as fast as I want, how I want and I think that these arbitrary speed limits are designed for revenues and not safety. I actively disobey the speed limit. I lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years and drove on the Autobahn, I know exactly my comfortable and effective speed limit. Fuck the cops.  I have really expensive radar detectors and often will pack with others to convoy through an area at a higher rate of speed.

Standard/manual or automatic? Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 am

Stuart- wrote:
You seem almost as confident in the driving of others as your own.

Good point. It's never so much my concern that I will cause an accident, as it is that I will be hit by a drunk, an elderly person, an illegal immigrant, or some asshole who thinks they're a race car pilot.

Back to top Go down
Arditezza

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:
Arditezza wrote:
Hmm.

In my car, I am ungovernable. I don't accept authority at all. I drive as fast as I want, how I want and I think that these arbitrary speed limits are designed for revenues and not safety. I actively disobey the speed limit. I lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years and drove on the Autobahn, I know exactly my comfortable and effective speed limit. Fuck the cops.  I have really expensive radar detectors and often will pack with others to convoy through an area at a higher rate of speed.

Standard/manual or automatic? Wink

Hah, manual. You think I'd cede control over to a machine?

It's also another way to keep my kids from borrowing my car. They hate stick.

Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Arditezza wrote:

Hah, manual.  You think I'd cede control over to a machine?
Concordant with my own argument.

Quote :

It's also another way to keep my kids from borrowing my car.  They hate stick.

You're older than I imagined.

---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:51 pm

I also always put on a dress and high heels when I'm working on my truck.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 12:50 am

Me too. Thong or what?

Back to top Go down
Arditezza

Arditezza

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Supra-Aryanist wrote:
Arditezza wrote:

Hah, manual.  You think I'd cede control over to a machine?
Concordant with my own argument.

Quote :

It's also another way to keep my kids from borrowing my car.  They hate stick.

You're older than I imagined.

---

You are in good company.  I am older than I imagined too. A youthful spirit, I imagine.  It's important to keep your ideas and thoughts fresh and keep challenging them to stay young.  The sign of old is not the aging of the body, but in the refusal of the mind to learn and grow. Age is an acceptance that there isn't much left for you to learn and earn. I don't believe I will every stop testing my thoughts and challenging my ideas.

And that girl is ridiculous.

The problem with that picture is that she has to rely on skimpy clothes instead of learning to look sexy even in coveralls. :p

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Yeah - Artidezza is, most likely, a sock-puppet of the administrators. Clever associating it with someone Phony used to know, but still smells bullshitty. I mean, satyr has created a plethora of socks before, so I wouldn't be surprised if the older Arti, who Phony used to know, was actually Satyr all along. It's not irrational to suppose that. Doesn't really matter, though.

This place died out again haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Because it is the holidays and people have lives, unlike you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Kind of amazed that I haven't been demoted, or banned yet.....they must be bored as hell...well glad you are enjoying this, assholes, because when the year ends, that's it....start fresh....unless you guys give me a holler. But yeah, I'm heading to China...Hong Kong....

Ha! Holidays ...That's cute. You mean the Christian holidays that these fucks are supposed to hate?

You dissed yourself, btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Satyr, why didn't you ever answer your fucking phone, when I called? You answered for Billy Bob and Sally Sue, but not for me? Oh c'mon, you short lil' Greco-bastard. Show Erik some love, too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:56 pm

Isn't it funny how Lyssa made it so damn obvious on her FB page in regards to her identity? Lyssa, baby, you shouldn't have made it public on your FB that you know Sanskrit! Lets not even get started on all the other obvious evidence. I think everyone, who visited your FB page realizes it's, actually, you. I don't even need to continue this anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Who's that fine feminine working on the car above? Looks petite....love petite women; easy to manipulate...physically and psychologically.

I will come back tomorrow, see what's up.

Ciao
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Dasein wrote:
Kind of amazed that I haven't been demoted, or banned yet.....they must be bored as hell...well glad you are enjoying this, assholes, because when the year ends, that's it....start fresh....unless you guys give me a holler. But yeah, I'm heading to China...Hong Kong....

Ha! Holidays ...That's cute. You mean the Christian holidays that these fucks are supposed to hate?

You dissed yourself, btw

Winter Solstice and more ritualized Yuletide.
At any rate, period of inexorable involution, especially if you were born around this time: cutting connections and bridging new ones.
Also, preoccupation with life duties and needs: some on here have families and real life friends.

Contempt for a second, or a night, towards those, shallow or otherwise, who will neither bother to initiate extension nor receive yours, then back to reality, creating and seeing that which they'll never see.
Anticipating the potential for those who you influence and of whom are motivators, commencing the clarity within which capacities are determined and ascertained.

Onward and forward.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Dasein wrote:

You dissed yourself, btw

I'm a contractor, I'm always online. Always, and never.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Dasein wrote:
Who's that fine feminine working on the car above? Looks petite....love petite women; easy to manipulate...physically and psychologically.

That's a weak, uncorroborated corollary.
Take Phone, for instance.

At any rate, perhaps it's my Old Lady. Bummer for you, she, unlike most hormonal women, isn't attracted to liver/nigger lips.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:03 pm

The Will to Power
Der Wille zur Macht
Macht - machen - to make, to create

The 'power-process' being disrupted.
Anti-Life.

Back to top Go down
Hrafn

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 10:53 pm

In order to become self possessed, it is crucial to understand the particular context in which you are located/locating.

In my experience, an excellent way to do this is to examine what constitutive parts of the questions a culture/academic discipline/art form asks itself are considered dispositive, or instrumentally needed when determining the most correct conclusion. How we make conclusions is essential to what we automatically assume as truthful, and thus what we do to persevere.

These underlying conclusion processes function as automatic reactions, or judgments. They are subtly or not so subtly observable in all aspects of life. If we are unaware, they happen before we even know we make them. Once we are awake to this assuming process, we can detach from it, and evaluate what we think is most crucial toward correct assuming, this time based on our own freer experience, or by adopting or modifying those of others if we determine them the most apt descriptions available.

Where we are now is also intimately connected with what came before. A historical perspective on the questions that were asked in previous contexts, and our consideration of the best explanations of why they were asked, gives a better perspective on the questions of our own time, and gives us more information to make better future projections.

Relevant questions concerning culture would be those current issues that deal with what should be considered moral, or correct, or appropriate. The scope of the question, the medium in which the question is asked, the way in which the question is debated are all essential.

In academic disciplines, the sorts of questions I have noticed they ask reveal certain patterns in their composition.

In the humanities, the deconstructed, ironically detached way in which all issues of meaning are held, and the aggressive and overtly extreme-left tone of the departments is crucial.

In the social sciences, I have noticed a marked shift away from theory, into purely economic question framing.

In the USA, philosophy is practiced mostly as a science nowadays. Very nerdy, autistic types practicing it. Continental philosophy is thought of as 'weak' or not hard enough to be of any value. Analytic philosophy is relying on formal logic, and like many other disciplines, it is attempting to set itself up as a physics wannabe.

Science is trending toward purely physical/material explanations of all phenomena. Questions are constantly being reduced to input/output formulaic relationships, with little regard for the context in which the experiments are conducted. I had a professor once tell me that she 'believes in research'.

In the arts, the fixation on technique, the focus on production, and the extreme abstraction of modern art are indicative of where we are. What is excluded is also important. The most avant garde parts of film and art I have come across, are copying innovations made during the 60's and 70's. The alternative and the mainstream are also becoming less and less distinguishable.
Back to top Go down
Hrafn

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 10:55 pm

How one perceives something, how one explains their perception to themselves, and how they communicate or express their perception are essentially different. It takes a higher quality of mind to give incisive, organized expression to the content of their experience in language.
Back to top Go down
Hrafn

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:15 pm

The things a civilization values, both explicitly and implicitly, can be discerned by observing the behaviors and opinions of its particular females.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:26 am

On Objectification

Objectification - 'A person is not an object but a human being.'
Humanist babble translation: Become a duplicitous liar. Use and manipulate people in a covert manner and hide your own motifs even from yourself.
Become yourself an un-aware mechanism for the 'greater good' of humanity.

Memo to The Last Man: You have no objectives of your own. You are not a subject. You do the work of the swarm. Thus you are good because you don't objectify other people. It's because you can't, you are not a subject yourself. Rejoice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next