Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Magnus Anderson

Magnus Anderson

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:14 am

When you mix a hedonist with a tyrant/masochist, what do you get? Is it not bipolar personality disorder? Excessive forgetting/relaxation/pleasure (mania) followed by excessive memory/straining/pain (depression)?
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:39 pm

On Myths

Not any myth will do. The myths of a people are the stories which have been woven in their lifetimes and their ancestors' lifetimes.
One could think of it like a part which is vital to a tribe's survival but something which can't be passed on via genes but has to be passed on mimetically.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 am

Trust and Women

Woman is inherently untrustworthy except when being in love.
She despises men who put their trust in her.

When a woman is infuriated because of a lack of trust then it's not the trust which wasn't put in her but the trust a man doesn't put in himself.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:28 pm

On Trust

Trust between people is based on a shared interpretation of events, of the overall personal history, the shared world-view. What this shared interpretation is, has been established over the duration of our relationships and is the building of trust.

Trust is nothing else but an understanding of the other.
I can trust a lion to behave like a lion.

Untrustworthiness is having a talent and a nature for deceiving.
This is why woman despises men who trust her because they have fallen prey to her talents - a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:30 pm

... this is a downwards spiral of cynicism.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:31 am

Trust is tying oneself to another by making this other a part of our own understanding of ourselves.
The other becomes part of our identity and that forms a bondage on the side of the person who makes part of his identity dependent on someone else. This is what ties anybody together beyond mere utility.
Back to top Go down
Hrodeberto

Hrodeberto

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:01 am

Individuality is fostered through causal interrelationships with Nature and its extensions.
The means for such identity are manifold, as is equally the exhortation of this concerted activity, but they remain only integrative particulars to serve a unified or contextualized continuity of an end, whether this effort is directed or expended toward and subsequently within development, maintenance, or reproduction.
If we are talking about Sexual Love, considering it as a means, akin to language, which in turn can be developed, identity, through otherness, is exemplified in mutuality between its variant forms.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 am

In modernity people have become cynical about placing trust in a person of flesh and blood but they are eager to make movements and '-isms' large parts of their identity.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:42 pm

You must also know how to spot a presence and absence.

The momentum of trust can build up to the extent,, its inertia can keep a relationship going, even when it has paused or stopped.

The former can mean, little needs to be said, to be communicated, its all understood. The relationship feels effortless; it glides on without needing more prompts and banking on what you have. And no matter how far or where you are, the other always pulsates subconsciously in the back of your mind, silently present.

Or it can mean, the ghost ship glides on in its own, smoothly, even after trust has stopped, by sheer inertia.
You could be reaping on that momentum and not trust per se, and talking to that person who is there, but (s)he is already elsewhere and far gone even when next to you.

Smooth waters come in good news and bad news.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:42 pm

It not only can keep a relationship going for a time but it always does - at least for the trusting party.
If it doesn't then there was no trust present in the person in the first place.
This inertia is what trust is about, otherwise it would be a hollow thing.

There are many relationships where at least one party experiences about zero trust.
In my estimation it's the majority of them.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:54 am

What's honesty? People have become adApt at confusing who they are with what they want to be. What has become an important characteristic is convincing yourself, to be whatever you are required to be or want to be.

But then again what is honesty? Is it a lie if I am convinced about that lie myself?
Honesty has become hollowed out by the very preaching of honesty. What is important is being convinced about your own stories about yourself.
When you are assertive in your life then what is colloquially understood as lying becomes less important because that's a defensive tool most of the time.
Assertiveness in modern times is about being the one who determines how things are being interpreted.

Last edited by Anfang on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Anfang wrote:

What's honesty? People have become adept at confusing who they are with what they want to be. What has become an important characteristic is convincing yourself, to be whatever you are required to be or want to be.

But then again what is honesty? Is it a lie if I am convinced about that lie myself?
Honesty has become hollowed out by the very preaching of honesty. What is important is being convinced about your own stories about yourself.
When you are assertive in your life then what is colloquially understood as lying becomes less important because that's a defensive tool most of the time.
Assertiveness in modern times is about being the one who determines how things are being interpreted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Looks good, no cat talk apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 am

word12

Last edited by polishyouth on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stuart-

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:36 am

polishyouth wrote:
This means that the liberal elite doesnt believe in what it preaches or doesnt believe others believe in what it preaches...

For the most part both, I think.

Quote :
In case the first option is true: could somebody tell me If there is a hidden motive or rather is this liberalism a tool, means to achieve something else?

You seem to understand the motive; to make blacks look better. Are you wondering why liberals would want to make them look better?

Also, I thinks it's worth mentioning that they released the movie Selma January 9th, the month before black history month in the US. I guess there's not much concern that there will be fatigue over that subject.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:40 am

polishyouth wrote:
I've once asked a question on this forum on why in schools in England there was only 'Black Culture Week' and none-other. I did get a good response but I have thought about something that I believe led me to a better one. The reasons is that if any other group of people that is present in London could present their cultural heros and heights they have risen to it would make the blacks look like children. This means that the liberal elite doesnt believe in what it preaches or doesnt believe others believe in what it preaches... In case the first option is true: could somebody tell me If there is a hidden motive or rather is this liberalism a tool, means to achieve something else?
Thanks.

In order to atone for slavery and colonialism, the exploiter and oppressor must celebrate the achievements of their victims, however small those may be. It's a shaming ritual meant to demonstrate the power of victimhood as a privileged status in this culture. Power is something to be ashamed of, therefore past expressions of power from a certain group towards a certain group endures as a sort of inherited sin.
Power, following this reasoning, indicates that one has an obligation towards those without power: from him with ability, to those in need. Therefore it follows that an inversion of power relations has occurred - the slave is actually the master as the master owes him for being weak, owes him a debt based around the exploitation inherent in their power relationship of master-slave.

Zionism is based around this inversion. If the blacks were more intelligent then they would have managed to achieve more with the same strategy, but they have made some gains with the aid of white liberals.
It's a parasitical arrangement.

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:17 pm

word12

Last edited by polishyouth on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 11:57 am

On possessing, bonds and cheats

The domestication of animals was one step in the direction of our own domestication and feminization. What and how we do things affects not only the other but us ourselves as well.
Though...in different ways.
A predator and its prey share a bond, their interaction shapes both of them over time.

This kind of dynamic and interaction is very pronounced between the sexes.
It's because in that arena, success or lack thereof has an immediate effect on the genetics of the population itself.

But in modernity things are a bit different -
What's happening in modernity is the rise of the cheat. The kind of person who seeks to gain without paying. The cheater seeks to remain unaffected by the interaction.

The idea is to possess and to possess means to bind the other to oneself. To bind someone means making part of their identity dependent on ourselves. This means that the possessed has made the other part of its becoming.

The cheat tries to stay detached from the other, to stay unaffected by the bond he tries to create. Essentially, he wishes to possess without being possessed.

But, there is also a price being paid for that. In the very end, cheating himself out of biological existence.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Unconditional Love

*ehm*
a poem
*ehm*

I love you unconditionally.
You could be anybody else and I'd still love you.

albino
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Anfang wrote:
Unconditional Love

*ehm*
a poem
*ehm*

:albino:

Post it on any ''Poets'' community; I swear your words will be applauded.

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:16 pm

OhFortunae wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Unconditional Love

*ehm*
a poem
*ehm*

albino

Feel free to put it to the test and share reactions.
I don't know any poets communities.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:23 pm

Anfang wrote:
OhFortunae wrote:
Anfang wrote:
Unconditional Love

*ehm*
a poem
*ehm*

:albino:

Feel free to put it to the test and share reactions.
I don't know any poets communities.

I expected this to be in the ''hall of fame'', to be amongst all other unconditional love poems, in 10 minutes - ah well, tomorrow another day.
Though it attracted, not so much desired, a dozen of them on my channel (no damage done).

P.S. I had to put my pseudonym otherwise it will be removed.

When one says (s)he loves this in all,
Is to see your Beloved in your toilet as soaked turd,
Their love for all in all, or this in all -
Is explained by believe in Solipsism, uniformity;
Unity in multiplicity, as when one divides him, or her,
Into less and less -

(S)he becomes divided into atoms..
As all else..
What value has such love..

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Nice bunny in ascii code.

For the unconditional lover the appearance, the deeds, everything apparent doesn't matter, only the soul does. And this word soul is understood as the 'invisible' aspects of someone and they are by now totally divorced from the apparent, even from existence.

When I am vile then I can claim that it wasn't really me. Deep down I am not that person, I swear!

The word soul is referring to nothing. Nothing...
It's referring to nothing, something and everything at the same time. In other words it only exists as an empty abstracted placeholder in the minds of the modern avant garde.

They split body and soul apart and the body is now understood as a machine while the soul is free to be all and nothing at the same time.

The soul of a man now wills whatever it is being told.
Once man's soul was divorced from his body, he'd become whatever he was told to become.
His becoming was down to the spells, the things which were spelled out for him by the magicians.
And magicians tend to grow insane themselves over time.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:15 pm

It doesn't matter who you are. You are being 'loved'.
The question is, who is that 'you'.
They seem to be content to be no one in particular.
Probably even better to be no one in particular because then you don't have to face the possibility of losing the love at some point.

Cowardice is the reason for mediocrity.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 8:58 am

Anfang wrote:
Nice bunny in ascii code.

No codes; I wanted it to be as real as it could get..

Comment: ''At 57 I have learned that looks fade and what is inside is more important.''

I have learned that looks represent, in correlation, the mind; and that when your virility, health, youthfulness and fertility are about to fade, it is time, depending on certain circumstances of course - to not ''grow'' further into decay, take honour to yourself.

''Growing'' older for most people is really staying stagnated as they already were as adolescents, and of course the decay of the body (stiff motion, rottenness, dull eyes, decaying body scents) which represents the decay of the mind, is not to be called ''growing''.
Those not stagnating or not yet decaying into a lump of rotten meat without a mind, who show some kind of mental growth - are hypocrites with average limited understanding, thus mediocre.
Hypocrites for they haven't decayed to that extent (yet) that they cannot be in their minds anymore, but their decay of body has limited their motion and their youthfulness / fertility, towards a (much) lesser attractive expression.
Thus due to such, they cannot practice their hedonism anymore, their mindless pleasures - their ''growth'' in ''wisdom'' is thus not because they will become more knowledgable, intelligent, understanding; but rather because their decay to such an extent has limited their fucking ''sexual'' fertile lives that they cannot pursue anymore such a lifestyle and thus are entrapped to live in their minds, but if possible, they will return to such a lifestyle in a instant.

At age 57 she has learned, although maybe not in decay in mind and motion, that she cannot pursue a lifestyle anymore of mindless pleasures with the bodies of the fertile, to which she had belonged years ago.
Now her beauty is fading, she will settle for that man she would have ignored 30 years ago for having a ugly, or weak, or infertile expression, but is now judged as ''kind'' (slavish) in behaviour.
And thus he too will settle for her whose beauty is of a forgotten past - the woman proclaiming she goes for the ''inside'' and the man aswell; each for his/her own purpose / limitations; the woman because she had nothing to offer but mindless pleasure, which is not a option anymore for no fertile expressive Manchild wants to have sexual intercourse with her if he can get a equivalent of what she used to be - dumb with a sexual fertile body.

And that weak man because he was always ignored during his biological most fertile years, ''fertile'' though having a unappealing expression and a infantile mind on another degree - thus once a female finally takes satisfaction with such a man, it is because no other kind of man will be interested anymore in her, and because no other kind of woman wants such a man, than her kind.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:30 pm

"I love you unconditionally"

Knew a communitarian who was obsessed with unconditional love. He moved to China which, to him, was the pinnacle of such a thing. I wonder how awful his life turned out and think 'no matter how bad it's going, or has gotten, for him, it ain't bad enough'.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 pm

When somebody talks about his/her unconditional love then I am thinking that this 'emotion' is a sentimental one - the idea of an emotion.
A mind detached from its body to a strong degree.

Same goes for a self-proclaimed communitarian. Community has to be something alien to someone who calls himself a communitarian.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Both (unconditional love and communitarianism) are aspects of utopia hunger, I think. Profoundly disappointed with what 'is', a person afflicted with either scampers after the pot of infinite love and perfect alliance found only at the end of the rainbow.

Bottom line: such a person wants a lot of love and company. Mebbe such a person missed out on deep attention during formative years, or, mebbe such a person simply has a much greater appetite for such things.

Whatever the root, it's a screwy perspective (especially since such a perspective demands so much from other folks who may not be willing to give anything at all).
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 10:25 pm

I think they are a bottomless barrel and they are actually not looking for love or company. What soothes them is the idea, the thought itself, of unconditional love. All love and company would fall short because of their bottomless barreled nature and it would be a disappointment for them.
The ideal is all that is left to cling to.
Back to top Go down
Henry Quirk

Henry Quirk

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 10:43 pm

"I think they are a bottomless barrel and they are actually not looking for love or company."

Mebbe so. Still: screwy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads - 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next