Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 10:58 am

Jarno wrote:
I guess just have to stick to my PC if even forza is not any good, though I hate setting up the wheel to my computer table, takes so much room

You don't want to get an Xbox One?
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 am

AutSider wrote:
Ah nice, Sseth reviewed STALKER too.

STALKER and Gothic are the best open RPG/action games for old school, masculine, straight men.

Fallout, TES, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and so on are the counterparts for women, soyboys and similar creatures.

In general.

I don't think it has to do with estrogen levels, I think higher estrogen would make Fallout and Mass Effect even more boring.

I know a feminine white man but he just can't get into games such as TES, he only likes violent games.

I think there is just something rubbish about those games. The combat of Fallout just seems off somehow, and Mass Effect just feels boring to me. I am not sure why some people like it and some people don't, I'm guessing certain people are wired a certain way in their brain, due to genes. If not genes, then some kind of otherworldly spiritual properties.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 am

OnWithTheirHead wrote:
Jarno wrote:
I guess just have to stick to my PC if even forza is not any good, though I hate setting up the wheel to my computer table, takes so much room

You don't want to get an Xbox One?

Already have GTX 1060 graphic card which can pretty much run anything for next 5 years at least so don't really feel like investing into a console, barely have time or interest to play much currently anyway
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 2:21 pm

OnWithTheirHead wrote:
AutSider wrote:
Ah nice, Sseth reviewed STALKER too.

STALKER and Gothic are the best open RPG/action games for old school, masculine, straight men.

Fallout, TES, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and so on are the counterparts for women, soyboys and similar creatures.

In general.

I don't think it has to do with estrogen levels, I think higher estrogen would make Fallout and Mass Effect even more boring.

I know a feminine white man but he just can't get into games such as TES, he only likes violent games.

I think there is just something rubbish about those games. The combat of Fallout just seems off somehow, and Mass Effect just feels boring to me. I am not sure why some people like it and some people don't, I'm guessing certain people are wired a certain way in their brain, due to genes. If not genes, then some kind of otherworldly spiritual properties.

I think it's very difficult to enjoy some of these games if you have a certain mindset.

For example I remember trying to play Witcher and within the 1st or so hour of the gameplay my character and a bunch of other warriors were getting berated and told how shit is and what to do by some smug redheaded female. I instaquit and deleted that piece of shit game.

Other than stuff like that, especially with Bethesda games they tend to be very grindy, monotone in everything from voice acting to world design, shitlib character atmosphere, weak and gay animations, limited choices and options in the world (this is more a fault of games like Dragon Age), poor interactivity between different game elements, too big but empty world designed to take too much of your time and be a substitute for reality instead of temporary entertainment, etc.

Morrowind from what I've seen is basically a game for literal autistics, look at this shit

And speaking of autists and video games, speedrunning is autistic as hell.

A guy will play a game for 6 hours straight to finish it in record time, then he'll figure out a way to cut like 5-10 seconds and do it all over again.

Tho when you think about it it's not that different from many other sports, like the 100m sprints where a record is beaten by a milisecond or so and then everybody cheers as if something amazing was accomplished lol

It's the masculine instinct for competitiveness and dominance, it often doesn't even matter if what you're competing over is relevant and has any practical utility. For most people, as long as they're among the best at something, that itch seems to be scratched.

I guess this is why it was so hard for me to drop some multi-player video games I played... cause I was mostly very good at them.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 pm

It's not the first time that I've heard the game being criticised for its gameplay.
But then again you can't sell something with depth or seriousness to that many people, that's not what they want.
What is good is that the modern pozz-level is quite low compared to what else is out there mainstream wise.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 am

AutSider wrote:
For example I remember trying to play Witcher and within the 1st or so hour of the gameplay my character and a bunch of other warriors were getting berated and told how shit is and what to do by some smug redheaded female. I instaquit and deleted that piece of shit game.

Which Witcher? I actually put on eastern european dub for a while when playing the first one since I thought the english dub didn't fit the atmosphere at all.

Witcher 1 gets interesting after the first village, I think I played it first time last year and got really attached to the characters and the dialogue was really well written, peasants felt like peasants, I liked the dialogue between Siegfried and Geralt etc, have to try a next playthrough if it still holds up

Witcher 2 I have tried to play through, but I just keep uninstalling it, it feels too linear

Witcher 3 the beginning was great, but I got annoyed by that black haired woman teleporting somewhere and being rude/disrespectful, haven't played more than 30 minutes
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 6:59 am

Witcher 2 was boring linear, yeah. Witcher 1 is good for the majority of the game, but with a shallow ending. Not sure I'd argue the middle of the game is worth a bearing of the start; not sure I'd encourage video games (if completely lacking value greater than a fiction novel).
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 am

Even the biggest bugman probably couldn't stand to watch 20h+ of Spiderman movies in a row but they will play a cinematic/simple-gameplay Spiderman game for more than that.
You have to keep people interested and engaged but don't want them to get out of their stupor and develop some higher aspirations.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Slaughtz wrote:
not sure I'd encourage video games (if completely lacking value greater than a fiction novel).

Yeah, I consider gaming a vice for myself and I am bit ashamed of it, but videos games can also be a "coping mechanism". Not everything is equally waste of time, but often it's very hard to find depth in modern games since they don't have good writers, so I guess the most "depth" is found from multiplayer modes instead
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Jarno wrote:
AutSider wrote:

Which Witcher? I actually put on eastern european dub for a while when playing the first one since I thought the english dub didn't fit the atmosphere at all.

The first one of course, what kind of sick perverted monster plays a video game franchise starting with any game that is not the first, or, god forbid, goes in reverse.

I wouldn't consider video games a vice if you play them in moderation. I laugh when some fat old dude who spends his time in front of a TV screen like a drooling retard goes on to lecture a younger guy how video games are for children. At least video games require you to be active and some even require good reflexes and problem solving abilities, unlike sitting in front of a TV and being a passive recipient of Shlomo's propaganda.

My reasoning is the same as it is for candy - generally avoid it but treat yourself once in a while to avoid too strong cravings.

I'm not playing anything atm and the only game I'm waiting for is Mount and Blade Bannerlord. I expect it to be an improved version of Warband. In Warband I raided like a hundred villages and was never offered an option to take a village girl as a warbride. They need to fix that ASAP. If they don't give me the option to have a harem of village girls there's no way I'm torrenting their game.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 am

"..I have never seen so many duck-faced women in my life..."
"...I chose the Black guy because he was the only one who resembled a human bean..."
"..every White guy in the selection had that stupid hat on that makes you look like a complete bellend.."
"...I couldn't tell whether half of them were male or female..."
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Remember, a good gnome is a dead gnome...

Bonus for those who are pondering about getting into the gold-farming business, working as an NPC bot in a Chinese sweatshop...
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Now, I know what you are thinking - This is girl-power TM.
But no, it's 2018, we are all equal now in our skiing abilities.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Anfang wrote:

"..I have never seen so many duck-faced women in my life..."
"...I chose the Black guy because he was the only one who resembled a human bean..."
"..every White guy in the selection had that stupid hat on that makes you look like a complete bellend.."
"...I couldn't tell whether half of them were male or female..."

I don't trust anything that has a nude font on it. There is this modern trend of nude fonts, its lazy and soulless.

Back in the day playing games would fill me with life and energy, now its the opposite.

Though to be honest I've played some good games that had nude fonts with no outline or shadow on them.

Anfang wrote:

Now, I know what you are thinking - This is girl-power TM.
But no, it's 2018, we are all equal now in our skiing abilities.

I think I'll play it eventually. I got Battlefield 1 for free but haven't played it yet. I feel hardly enthusiasm for anything these days. My soul is broken.

AutSider wrote:

I think it's very difficult to enjoy some of these games if you have a certain mindset.

I saw Witcher 3. Everyone tells me it is so great and proof life is good and 2018 is good. I dunno just something about open world games I don't like. It's hard to explain.

I don't like redheads but being told to do by a cgi redhead probably wouldn't bother me that much. The main thing that bothers me is hard to put my finger on. Something about the delivery. Something about it just seems fake and not real. Like I'm not really there. Same with openworld games like that or the Crew. Something about it just seems like they put so much work into it. And for what? It just seems hollow to me. Like men futilely building a tower of babel or sisphyus. Its hard to explain.

Quote :

Other than stuff like that, especially with Bethesda games they tend to be very grindy, monotone in everything from voice acting to world design, shitlib character atmosphere, weak and gay animations, limited choices and options in the world (this is more a fault of games like Dragon Age), poor interactivity between different game elements, too big but empty world designed to take too much of your time and be a substitute for reality instead of temporary entertainment, etc.
Yeah its hard to put my finger on it. But it feels that way. Like they put too much work and trying to recreate Earth. But utterly fail and it doesn't feel fun. This feeling like I'm in a fake world, put in a role I never asked for, and what is the point of it. Sort of like how I feel in real life, except worse.

Quote :

Morrowind from what I've seen is basically a game for literal autistics, look at this shit
Yeah I couldn't get into it either.

Quote :

And speaking of autists and video games, speedrunning is autistic as hell.
Yeah its super lame. It's like, a total waste of time. I don't even watch speed running videos anymore. Although I watched it for a few days when I was bored.

Quote :

Tho when you think about it it's not that different from many other sports, like the 100m sprints where a record is beaten by a milisecond or so and then everybody cheers as if something amazing was accomplished lol
Yeah I know. Its just super lame. I feel like I'm an old person of 90 years old. Like above society. Today I saw a wendy's commercial giving seizure inducing flash photos. Zooming in on burgers and then a picture of eyes watching the game. And it just made me feel like it was a dystopia like a blade runner future. Like automotons told to watch sports as slaves and automatons who live in a cubicle and eat fast foods all day.

Quote :

It's the masculine instinct for competitiveness and dominance, it often doesn't even matter if what you're competing over is relevant and has any practical utility. For most people, as long as they're among the best at something, that itch seems to be scratched.

I guess this is why it was so hard for me to drop some multi-player video games I played... cause I was mostly very good at them.
Yeah I played Warface. Got bored of it in 10 minutes. It doesn't seem real to me. Playing on a giant HD tv and still cannot see far away enemies. It just seems repetitive and not fun.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Basically, when I was young I think I got into games because it felt magical like I had a destiny. And that it gave me a mission and a purpose. As an adult it all feels hollow. Like I have no purpose and life is ultimately meaningless and everything I do is futile. And feeling that everything is meaningless is like the ultimate form of nihilism.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Quote :
My soul is broken.

Do you get enough of sun exposure for vitamin D production?
If not then get some vitamin D3 supplements.
Not enough vitamin D = depression, lack of emotional stability, becoming irritable or despondent.
If it's the main cause it should lift the spirits within a few days to a week.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Anfang wrote:
Quote :
My soul is broken.

Do you get enough of sun exposure for vitamin D production?
If not then get some vitamin D3 supplements.
Not enough vitamin D = depression, lack of emotional stability, becoming irritable or despondent.
If it's the main cause it should lift the spirits within a few days to a week.

Thanks. My doctor said the same thing. I used to take vitamin D every week but it kind of just felt repetitive and I stopped taking it. I'm pretty anti-social and don't go outside much lol. I think it may help but I don't recall being particularly happy last year or the year before that. Memory not too good but I think it was that year I was taking the vitamin D. That being said I think it will help, not sure to what extent though.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Vitamin D3 not just any Vitamin D, that's important.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Anfang wrote:
Vitamin D3 not just any Vitamin D, that's important.

K, I will make sure to get D3. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

Under-appreciated game.
The good old days... when PC video games were made for an audience of about an average IQ of 110+. Really, who else played them at that time? Explains also the lower sales numbers, relative to modern video game sales.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 am

I've recently read some comments on the Wolfenstein 2 game, the one where they got that backlash from people because it was very anti-White.

I realised that the people who liked and bought the predecessor are themselves also anti-Europeans and morons, either more due to their genetics or the brainwashing mass-media created culture.
So these morons, who think the predecessor, where you kill loads of already sickly caricatured Germans, was good are now complaining that the new one is "leftist".
I guess what they mean is that it's anti-White and there is no room anymore for the good Whites who kill the bad Whites, no room anymore for the good anti-Whites because all Europeans are bad now unless they "check their privilege" e.g. cheer their own personal destruction.

In other words, those morons were okay to be anti-White as long as they personally could get away with being European, the good European who is anti-European-culture/people himself.
What a bundle of sticks.

There is something diseased about every Wolfenstein game, it’s just that the latest game has gone into overdrive.
It’s good that they did so.
First, it’s rattling the cages of those “bundle of sticks”.
Second, the cuck does not get to enjoy his emasculated racial fetish game because it’s too much on the nose.

Also, on a side note, in regards to the gratuitous violence, the realm of unhealthy is where the display of the gratuitous violence becomes the point of the actions, a fetish, and the blood spilling is not merely a consequence of the actions taken.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 5:42 pm

He's right about video games. Funny guy.

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Zak McKracken (and the alien mindbenders)

Point-and-Click-Adventure game by LucasFilm Games (later LucasArts).
The premise is that aliens have secretly come to Earth and make people stupid, less intelligent, by introducing a humming into the phone lines.

Stupid people, making people stupid, hehe, stupid people, hehe, hehe; excuse me, I’ll have to watch some Beavis and Butthead or something, hehe; very funny, hehe.

But hey, maybe I’m all wrong here, maybe it should be taken and seen from a different angle. My first thought was that it’s and interesting subject to bring up and how technology makes people less intelligent, at least potentially so, even if indirectly.
That changed later.

So who is the main protagonist?
Zak… what a …name…
To say this from the start, Zak is going to win the Nobel peace prize and the Pulitzer prize at the end of the game. Well, of course, he is a journalist as well, so that explains the Pulitzer prize as a reward.

How… unusual, how interesting, how free of stereotypes, how progressive…

Actually, really, how not goyish, how predictable when you see it from a different peoples kind of view. They really like being a journalist and win some peace prize and Pulitzer prize. I really think so and while you are at that, why not make it seem as if these things are inherently virtuous, more virtuous than some toxic European male power fantasy, I’ve heard… …them say…

So what does Zak do in the game besides getting calls from his nagging mother who wants him to marry some preferably high social status woman? He buys lots of stuff, so much stuff, and he books countless flights all over the world which he all pays with his “cashcard”. The game is set in the future, it was released in 1988 and plays in the futuristic year of 1998 where money was abandoned in favour of your “cashcard”.

Alright, you buy lots of items for your inventory, not very creative, sure, but what about the puzzles, I’m sure they make up for that. It’s not gonna be like you go to some room where you learn a secret hieroglyphic code which you better make a note somewhere and which you use in another room to open a “secret” door.
It’s also not gonna be the same kind of puzzle multiple times, no, that would be crazy lazy. I mean they gonna change the kind of hieroglyphic code… so it’s not really the same puzzle over and over again.

At least Zak is not alone on his quest.
He is supported by women, three women who you switch to and play as to save the world and complete the game.

journalist,
city-dweller,
supported by three strong career-type women,
one is very intelligent in languages,
the other two have built their own rocket bus shuttle thing and flown to Mars,
yeah,
codes, more codes, hieroglyphics, illuminati symbols,
mind controlling aliens,
money, money,
Pulitzer prize,
Nobel peace prize,

Somehow this all fits together, it’s like a meta-puzzle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Now that I am old(21) I dont seem to enjoy any games, my interests are much more appealing to me, I pick-up games and leave them after 10 minutes or sooner, I tried team-games more competetively with a team of regular people but ended up cursing them up and arguing over their manners as nerds over internet become coarse and vulgar and confrontational(friends of a school friend), I enjoyed card-games a lot but to play them properly is too exhausting intellectualy and I rather focus my energies on something with beauty and more direct benefit to myself(like doing business), I'd still maybe like to play some game extremly competetively but it requires too much time and energy that I dont have but I can't blaim some of the hardcore gamers as long as they dont become permanently consumed by it. Nowadays I spend my spare time un-covering Western Civilization, living in london I tend to visit and document a church every weekend and take pictures, drawings, I read up on technicalities of Western music, on the lives of our great peoples and on the lifes of the small people...I must admit reading of IRA and these kinds of histories is sort of escapism for me as I imagine and live through these events myself and it fills certain void in me I cant patch up with anything at my disposal.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 3:27 am

I find that there are books, movies, games which are worthwhile to read, watch, play.
I'm only going by gut feeling on this next thought here.
It takes an effort to get into reading a book and finish it. Even if part of you thinks it would be worthwhile you will be pulled away from it by easy distractions. Stick with it until you finished it or you have determined that you don't find it worthwhile anymore. This does not only apply to books, not even only to media.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Ss.......
I like the comparison of the grind game with the Skinner box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 4:58 pm

I enjoyed this game a lot, I even played a game against its creator when I was younger. I like physical games more, also plastic figurines fascinate me(I don't know why) as well as good drawings on card games, cards etc.-

The first board game I got was Behemots Cave game that no longer exists and there is no trace of it on the internet but I still own it, that was when I was 7 and it was a nice strategy game, I played a lot of RuneBound, a game called Talisman I played a lot too but it was weak and boring, I had some yugioh and pokemon but I didnt have anybody to play with so I collected them because the images of monsters fascinated me(I was 6-Cool. When I got older I'd just walk into a nerd fantasy store and ask guys already there If they want to play some games that were possible to be rented out with me and they often did and we would start on a table and then it grew very quickly with people coming in for an hour or two and leaving etc. but I haven't doen this for a long time.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:25 pm

I loved 40k when I was a teenager. Blood Angels, btw.

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 N3Po6qr

I still follow it, sort of. But it's been turned into a cash cow these days.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next