Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 5:50 pm

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:37 pm

For me there is always one scene that encapsulates either all or much of the semiotics and themes in a film. The scene in the end of the second part, when his cunt American wife announces to him her abortion of his son. This emphasizes the cancer of modernity upon the nobility of the family spirit. His true wife in Sicily, ‘Apollonia’, the one meant for him, the female of pure 'innocent spirit', fertile, sensuous, and bred to be devoted to husband and child, was the one taken from him, and replaced with the American feminist cunt he was forced to settle for, who spent her time infecting him with guilt and shaming his masculinity and his role in his empire, and ultimately destroying his bloodline for reasons that only make sense to a modern selfish cunt more loyal to the system’s nihilistic ideologies than the sanctity of her own kin. This scene symbolizes in part the life he chose; the modern life, the progressive life, and his naivete to its insidious destructive nature.

The tragedy of the Michael Corleone character, was that he was a product of modernity himself. Ambivalent and full of angst and solitude. Uncertain of himself, lacking the inner strength of identity like his father, and being the last line in his family to fall victim to the encroaching sickness of modernity by killing his brother and marrying a degenerate modern woman. The tragedy is that he was never able to stop himself from being swept away with tide of modern decadence, and spending his life regretting it, knowing he could have.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 11:34 am

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 am

_
When Ian Brown threatened Steve Jones, on T4

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 am

_
A contemporary take, on the modern representation of god, or.. to be more precise,
their image.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 7:06 am

I imagine an omnipotent being like Doctor Manhattan, of the Watchmen....
Why would a god need clothes?
Clothes are for feeble creatures who must conceal their nature.
Why would a god need an "image"? Who does he need to impress?

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 11:44 pm

Satyr wrote:
I imagine an omnipotent being like Doctor Manhattan, of the Watchmen....
Why would a god need clothes?
Clothes are for feeble creatures who must conceal their nature.
Why would a god need an "image"? Who does he need to impress?
Doctor Manhattan.. my favourite Watchman, with a mood that out-surpasses even mine.. by miles, and I’m a reel moodster.. but I digress.

The Jains went naked.. perhaps they were imitating their ancient ancestral past by imitating their giants-of-their-ancient-ancestral-gods.. men, worshiped as gods, or were they even (hu)men? so simply doing what came natural to them, in going ’au naturale`.

Oh to be a Tirthankara and to therefore be worshipped.. like a living fucking god! showing the way through the Fords of malevolence to that of benevolence, so either a Deva or a power-seeking Asura.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 5:59 am

Would you not grow tired of adulation?
Would you not lose respect for those who worshipped you?
Would you not lose all interest in them?

Do you, as a sort of god-like creature to ants, show "benevolence" towards them, and their constant efforts?
If so, how?

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 7:30 am

Satyr wrote:
Would you not grow tired of adulation?
Would you not lose respect for those who worshipped you?
Would you not lose all interest in them?

Do you, as a sort of god-like creature to ants, show "benevolence" towards them, and their constant efforts?
If so, how?

Hi Wendy, how you doing?

Don’t ask me such pertinent fetching questions and I’ll certainly tell you zero lies, for the above inquiries are none of your concern.

You’re malevolent, so why don’t you answer your questions for me ; )
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 8:16 am

So defensive?
Rhetorical questions....your non-answer is an answer.

What interests you about philosophy, if anything, if you refuse to disclose your judgments?

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 10:45 am

Or is it because I discredited the idea of a "benevolent god" suing real-world examples?
Everyone gets sick, sooner or later.
If it affects your judgments then you aren't objective. If you use it to self-medicate, and increase your ability to cope, then do so, but don't believe your intent - subconscious or not - is other than what it is.
Your relationship with bugs, such as cockroaches, or mosquitoes, does not compare to the relationship of a "god" as you imagine him, and humanity, because, at the very least, humanity shares an ecosystem and is dependent on it, and a superman or a god would not - having nothing in common with humans.
Imagine how indifferent to the plight of humanity such an imaginary being would be - if men can remain indifferent to bugs, which contribute to an ecosystem he depends on.

Dr. Manhattan, I think, was made more humane than he would have been if he actually existed.

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Satyr wrote:
So defensive?
Rhetorical questions....your non-answer is an answer.

What interests you about philosophy, if anything, if you refuse to disclose your judgments?
So many judges, but little juries or executioners around, is why.. judging is opinion-based, but I’m interested in facts and answers and other such tangible goods, tho I do judge.. when I feel the need to, but it’s very rarely that I do.

I’m more into constructive criticism than judging others, as there’s more value in it, you see.. all parties involved, getting more out of it than they put in/invested, so more INTP than INTJ.. but my J is Evil or Very Mad

I judge myself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Satyr wrote:
Or is it because I discredited the idea of a "benevolent god" suing real-world examples?
Everyone gets sick, sooner or later.
If it affects your judgments then you aren't objective. If you use it to self-medicate, and increase your ability to cope, then do so, but don't believe your intent - subconscious or not - is other than what it is.
Your relationship with bugs, such as cockroaches, or mosquitoes, does not compare to the relationship of a "god" as you imagine him, and humanity, because, at the very least, humanity shares an ecosystem and is dependent on it, and a superman or a god would not - having nothing in common with humans.
Imagine how indifferent to the plight of humanity such an imaginary being would be - if men can remain indifferent to bugs, which contribute to an ecosystem he depends on.

Dr. Manhattan, I think, was made more humane than he would have been if he actually existed.
What do you know of my relationship with bugs?

What do you know of what I think regarding the existence of god/s?

If the answer is nothing, then your above response is moot and therefore non-consequential..
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Datura wrote:

I’m more into constructive criticism than judging others, as there’s more value in it, you see.. all parties involved, getting more out of it than they put in/invested, so more INTP than INTJ.. but my J is Evil or Very Mad

I judge myself!
And this, is bullshyte.
You judge constantly....maybe not lucidly - maybe unconsciously.

Not critically, but still you judge, you discriminate, you react positively or negatively to stimuli. Consciousness is discrimination.
I also judge myself...more harshly than anyone can ever judge me.

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Satyr wrote:
And this, is bullshyte.
You judge constantly....maybe not lucidly - maybe unconsciously.

Not critically, but still you judge, you discriminate, you react positively or negatively to stimuli. Consciousness is discrimination.
I also judge myself...more harshly than anyone can ever judge me.
Compared to how the Majority respond to others, yes.. I rarely judge, or judge the least.. so a matter of degree, in being one of the least judgemental out there. Sure I comment and critique tho.. ; )
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Critique is based on judgments.
You simply give the "benefit of doubt" or are always trying to "agree to disagree"...avoiding conflict.
Feminine attribute, preserving group harmony and social ties.

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 am

Satyr wrote:
You simply give the "benefit of doubt" or are always trying to "agree to disagree"...avoiding conflict.
I prefer to see what’s going on ’under the hood` of others.. as it were, and one can’t glean that by way of conflict, but by way of open communication. I get into conflicts with some more than others, over there.. but I do not rise.

Oh I definitely have unharmonious ties over at ILP Laughing I prefer my conflicts subtle tho, where the Other doesn’t even realise it’s happening.. but sometimes I might want them to. Evil or Very Mad

Going back to the subject of clothed gods.. could be because of ancestor worship, is why.. so (wo)men, being worshipped as gods, by other (wo)men.. so being all too (clothed) human, unless your a Jain Tirthankara, that is ; )
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 am

Datura wrote:
Satyr wrote:
I prefer to see what’s going on ’under the hood` of others.. as it were, and one can’t glean that by way of conflict, but by way of open communication. I get into conflicts with some more than others, over there.. but I do not rise.
That's not true.
You see the metal of a mind through a fight.
The rest of the time you see what it wants you to see it as...unless you have the empathy talent to glean contradictions between what the other says and what the other does, in which case what he does holds more weight than what he says.

To put it another way, it is when the mind is stressed, when it loses control, when it doesn't know it is being watched, when its true essence is revealed, i.e., in moments of pathos....erotic, thymotic pathos. The rest of the time its performing.

Datura wrote:
Oh I definitely have unharmonious ties over at ILP Laughing I prefer my conflicts subtle tho, where the Other doesn’t even realise it’s happening.. but sometimes I might want them to. Evil or Very Mad
I saw...but tricking a demented mind like his is easy.

Datura wrote:
Going back to the subject of clothed gods.. could be because of ancestor worship, is why.. so (wo)men, being worshipped as gods, by other (wo)men.. so being all too (clothed) human, unless your a Jain Tirthankara, that is ; )
Clothes "fabricate" an image, in accordance to a memetic ideal, or in accordance to how a genetic ideal is integrated within a meme, a culture, a ethical system, a tradition...so clothes, jewelry, and recently surgery, creates an ideal form, by selectively accentuating and concealing.
Les clothes would indicate a more nature-based ideal - as was the case with most Indo-European spiritual traditions, from Hinduism to Hellenism.
Then we have to integrate the factor of climate. A god represented a tribal ideal, just as the Abrahamic one-god - with its mystifying multifariousness - represents a modern ideal - in this case the body is entirely negated.

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 2:08 am

Satyr wrote:
...unless you have the empathy talent to glean contradictions between what the other says and what the other does, in which case what he does holds more weight than what he says.
Something like that.. though I utilise what little empathy I have, in the endeavour, of understanding the other. Laughing

Satyr wrote:
To put it another way, it is when the mind is stressed, when it loses control, when it doesn't know it is being watched, when its true essence is revealed, i.e., in moments of pathos....erotic, thymotic pathos. The rest of the time its performing.
When others try stress my mind, I become.. something else. The opposite of the norm then who want to be prodded and annoyed back to life, to be able to think and feel once again, ev-ry, single, time. A fun challenge? sure.. that can be cute, but any more than that and I tend to see red.

Satyr wrote:
Datura wrote:
I saw...but tricking a demented mind like his is easy.
Laughing Well it was fun while it lasted, but my appetite for it waned.. to point zero.

Satyr wrote:
Clothes "fabricate" an image, in accordance to a memetic ideal, or in accordance to how a genetic ideal is integrated within a meme, a culture, a ethical system, a tradition...so clothes, jewelry, and recently surgery, creates an ideal form, by selectively accentuating and concealing.
Les clothes would indicate a more nature-based ideal - as was the case with most Indo-European spiritual traditions, from Hinduism to Hellenism.
Then we have to integrate the factor of climate. A god represented a tribal ideal, just as the Abrahamic one-god - with its mystifying multifariousness - represents a modern ideal - in this case the body is entirely negated.
All valid points, on the global designated attire, of Peoples. The Indo-Euro gods made great effort with their outfits, as did Europeans in later years, and the Indigenous always seem to keep it au naturale yet ornate.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyFri May 21, 2021 5:09 pm

Decent drama film
Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyFri May 21, 2021 5:35 pm

certain people see themselves as virtually a predestined alien species distinct from mankind; to them plebs all have a bad taste
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyFri May 21, 2021 5:39 pm

The ideological alienation of mind from body and the exclusive identification with the mind produces the ideological -- memetic - speciation of man.
Men are now separating themselves abstractly, through ideas and art - through language use.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 9:41 am

A short dip into movie Dystopian allegories - is art imitating reality or reality imitating fArt.
In our times it is hard to tell...if we do not anchor ourselves to the ground, with our words.
Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 Index-10
Faeces is the fuel of Bartertown - Wall Street - money = pigshit, modernity's/postmodernity's fuel is pigshit, a.k.a. bullshit - lies and pretences.
Bartertown is the marketplace in the wasteland - desert of the real.
Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 E9761a10
A parasitical relationship is presented as symbiotic.
A malformed depiction of a meme riding on the back of a large but stupid manimal, of obvious European heritage - the corruptors, are psychologically warped spirits, desiring to corrupt mankind and convert them to mindless, faceless chattel - men with no faces, no identity.
When the mask is taken off a child's face is exposed - a man-child.
Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 1231
Master + Blaster = the subterranean master of the marketplace, turning the wheels for those who live in luxury above - African feminine...the symbolism is not accidental.

Plight of European men...
Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 3310

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 0054
Reduced to a single emotion: rage.

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 11100
Once I was a man of law and order. Now its difficult to know who is insane and who is sane.
For whom do I fight? What am I protecting?

Man with no name - Outis.....
He gives his name only to those who reciprocate by gifting him what he lost when his son died....hope.
The loss of son and wife representing a loss of his investment - care - in a future.
A man with no future has no need for a past - forgetfulness, where aletheia is buried in time and denied existence.
A man with no future and no past lives entirely in the present, as mere presence - a ghost - looking to find care in a possible future, to be reinvested in it.
A man with no future and no past is a man lost in the wastelands of the real...where words have no meaning, where life has no purpose, no value.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 am

They showed the movie on the "apes theme".
War for the Planet of the Apes... the one with Woody Harrelson.
To show how propaganda works by slowly instilling in the audience a concept.
In the original Charlton Hesston movies the apes were the badies....
In a generation the apes became the victim and the humans became the oppressing baddies.

The myth of the Noble Savage...
Human civilization makes apes evil.

Of the humans all were male and of European ancestry.
The association with a specific kind - race - of human subconsciously inserted into the psyche...movie after movie.
If you watch all the latest Hollywood releases you will see the same messaging...the same motif.
Bad European males...good multi-racial brownies, apes, or whatever....

Gradually these "storytellers" are training generations to react to specific types, and to associate specific emotions - like fear, resentment, hate - with specific types/races, genders.

You can see it in any genre.
They've become bolder more obvious, more overt, less cautious over the years.
Confidence or desperation?
A bit of both.
As generations of desperate degenerates come of age they've already been inculcated by decades of their "innocent storytelling" their "well-meaning narratives". 
Certain themes will not be questioned by such generations.
This is social engineering.
This is how they made homosexuality normal, and are making transsexuality the next paraphilia to be normalized...next?
Paedophilia. 
But their boldness is also a product of desperation. They can no longer afford the subtle over time method.
The U.S. is in decline and will be surpassed before the middle of this century.
They much accelerate and broaden their methods to begin affecting peoples beyond the sphere of their Hollywood/Media range of effect, or at least ingrain these themes in the Americanised populace so as to negate any internal conflicts so as to become more resistant to China's coming cultural and socioeconomic dominance.
An empire of Noble Savages, fighting against alien civilizations; hippies and racially mixed - obscure heritage - seeking identity in the future. 

Those who have lost their past seek an compensatory identifier in the market places, projected as a "looking forward" - progressiveness; an imminent future that never materializes.
This is what these "innocent storytellers" imagine the future of the American Empire: masses of wannabe gods, sold ion the idea of self-creation, enslaved by marketing - supply-demand - guiding and subliminally controlling their "divine creativity".

Look at the ideals they are promoting through their "innocent narratives".
The primal manimal that manages to somehow outsmart evil European paternalism; the sexually confused, degenerate, that somehow knows how to love better than the civilized white man.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 11:22 am

Satyr wrote:
Look at the ideals they are promoting through their "innocent narratives".
The primal manimal that manages to somehow outsmart evil European paternalism; the sexually confused, degenerate, that somehow knows how to love better than the civilized white man.

The entertainment value is more enticing to them than the subliminal messages and themes. And even those many "truther" commentators out there who expose these messages are only received as part of the entertainment. Recall the movie "Network", now that we are on this subject of movie analysis. The whistleblower in the movie, who seeds awareness of the psychological conditioning and mind control of big business and TV corporations, is only a pawn of the same system, and is not actually taken seriously but promoted as a humorous eccentricity, just another part of the entertainment to liven up the empty lives of the brains dead masses. People hear about the social and psychological dangers of constant smartphone use all the time, and yet continue to use them. Same behaviorism. For them its all just part of the fun, even the scary stuff. Its how thier primitive minds operate, through constant stimulation. Like those idiot sports fanatic men talking about football. The star players, which team has the best defensive line, the mindless excitement of who just got drafted to what team and all the 'juicy' details about them etc, are more fascinating to them than the poisonous political propaganda it spreads into society.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 10:17 am

They've been feeding us this propaganda since they took over Hollywood....culminating in this anmti-white - self-hating - world of Americanism.
Killing the host is part of a parasite's cycle. In this case the parasite is abstract, noetic....ideological.
Think of years upon years of television and movies and music sending these messages into the subconscious minds of millions of young children.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 8:19 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 9:32 am

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next