Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 09, 2023 7:00 pm

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Jarno

Jarno

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 6:45 am

Liking the X-files a lot, currently on episode 17 so don't know if it will turn bad yet

I've never heard people talking much about this show, it could be that it's so popular that everyone already knows it and thinks it's influence is obvious, I've only seen 2-3 episodes before

I can notice how so many different things have been taken from this show, including the most obvious one even without watching X-com, then Gary's from Fallout 3 (also many simpsons parodies like the one about body transferring, criminal doing revenge in another persons body so there is no way a show made in 90's would instead take their ideas from other than popular media)

Gary's from fallout 3
Vault 108 wrote:
Part of a grand cloning experiment with a fatal end, 54 clones of "Gary" were created. Each had varying levels of violent and psychotic traits and behaviors, leading to the scientists' deaths and Garys running freely throughout the Vault. They use inflections of voice tone, speaking only their name, to communicate and are hostile towards any outsiders
vs (just minor alterations)
Litchfield Project wrote:
The Litchfield Experiment was a highly classified secret project conducted by the US at the height of the Cold War to counteract the research done by the Russians. The idea was to create the perfect soldier by cross-breeding top scientists and athletes. The boys were called Adam and the girls called Eve.

Eve 6 aka Sally Kendrick explains that while an average human being has 46 chromosomes, Eves and Adams have 56. Number 4, 5, 12, 16, and 22 were replicated, which produced aditional genes; heightened strength, heightened intelligence, and many more.

Due to these altercations, the subjects were prone to psychotic and homicidal behaviour, even suicide

First thing that came to my mind was Deus Ex 1 from the music

Not the same melody, but still sounds like it could be from the same show or game, if I'm not wrong sounds exactly like the same synth sample, atmosphere feels similar

edit: Second thing that I noticed was that I can see the character that gives mulder information is what valve based off of their g-man character

Month ago I was also watching Mission: Impossible 1966, that's possibly even more influential, but only on 7th episode, there was much action, but there wasn't as much character development so I continue it some other time
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 3:10 pm

I haven't re-watched this yet, but I remember it being funny back in the day

Judging by this scene it seems like he is like Leslie Nielsen in naked gun except a comedy psychopath
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 4:14 pm

What I appreciate about X-files even if the episode is weaker it's saved either by really good acting or Mark Snow making interesting theme song for the episode
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 5:02 pm

This is a Napoleonic War action/drama, starring Sean Bean. It's very good. Each episode is movie length. The quality is sustained up to the midpoint of the series and then gradually declines. I wouldn't bother watching the last few episodes.

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 6:33 pm

About X-files, currently on season 3

"This episode was dedicated in memoriam to Mario Mark Kennedy, an internet fan of the show who had died in a car accident in 1995"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Clip

This might sound dumb and trivial, but I didn't think that back then someone making a show would care this much about a fan, just a internet fan, I guess it reflects the time when it was made in and they actually listened the feedback of possibly the right people. So much care and effort put into everything. Even the side characters that die off makes me feel sad.
Spoiler:

Quote :
I didn't think that back then someone making a show would care this much about a fan over the internet fan
I mean seeing how good it's been so far, it's very nice to see them care about their fans even though putting out obvious master pieces that wouldn't even need praise, that's very down to earth to still listen even if being on the top of the world
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 8:51 am

At 7 season of X-files, there's only been few less interesting episodes, the joke episodes are fun.

I just keep noticing how many things have been taken from X-files.

Even Futurama's bee episode where they fake-out waking up from a coma and Alan Wake's plot is exactly like one X-files episode (where there is a writer whose characters come to life)
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 4:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 9:08 am

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 2:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2023 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down
xraywho

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 9:00 pm

Here are three exceptionally good movies I've seen recently:

The duelists (1977)

Harakiri (1962)

The 400 blows (1959)

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 7:30 pm

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 9:16 am

When I saw that Joaquin Phoenix was playing the role of Napoleon, I immediately thought about his role in Gladiator and got a feeling of where this movie is going. HistoryLegends also mentions the Joker, a movie I haven't seen, but I think that's the type of character that they have Phoenix portray in movies.

Besides the "White man is evil, psychotic or weak or depressed or..." narrative, I got the impression that the J-Anglo empire always hated Napoleon. It's their Hitler before Hitler.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 9:28 am

It's the subtle ways Hollywood promotes certain feelings that can be denied but are effective, nevertheless.
It's the gift of semiotics that characterizes this tribe of parasites.
The casting of Phoenix and how he is portrayed - never having seen the movie I can only speculate - as some brooding, hedonistic, slightly off white male, is an example of modern brainwashing.
Imagine watching countless Hollywood movies each reaffirming the same themes, using the same subtle methods, and how this would affect a average dolt who gradually begins to feel, without knowing how to why, that white males are all slightly mad....whereas blacks or women, are the only sane ones keeping them in check.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2023 6:31 pm

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 7:22 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 6:35 am

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 11:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 10:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 7:14 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 07, 2023 2:20 pm

Misaki Nakahara

Misaki Nakahara

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Misaki Nakahara

Misaki Nakahara

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 11:34 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 5:50 pm

They know how to sell...anything.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 6:51 pm

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 2:17 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 03, 2023 5:16 pm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next