Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Arditezza

Arditezza

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 19:57

perpetualburn wrote:
Arditezza wrote:
I think Jakob is actually dangerous.

He's one of those who will prey on people who aren't as smart and manipulate them in a way that is only good for himself and not for the ones who interact with him.  He sucks their energy and loves for them to look up to him in a really unhealthy way.

What do you consider a good dangerous then?

I don't consider danger to be good at all. But I am not one of those girls who needs to ride the edge between life and death to see what attention I can draw to myself. I would never purposely draw myself to danger, because I am responsible in my life to my children, my husband and all of those who I have made promises to. I do everything within my power to keep out of danger so that I do not damage their trust in me as a steady head and a kind heart. It is my job as a woman to be a good example of a good life lived to others who may have had the misfortune of not being guided on the right path. My grandmother did this for me with all her grace and patience, and I will pay it forward.

There was a time that I would toy with the idea of running a dangerous game, but that was before I had responsibilities and before I had grown up. My thrills now come from watching others thrive and discover, to grow and to be beautiful in whatever garden they choose to grow.

When your arguments are guided by your conclusions, you aren't doing philosophy, you are merely demonstrating your bias.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 19:59

Lyssa wrote:
When someone here told me FC was a bi, you know I said it was prob. a fiction he was writing and not real.
When 'Mannequin' in the past came here saying the only future option is homosexuality or call it homo-agape, because of the lack of decent females… the condition of the world was going to hell, I remember telling him here, an artist uses whatever material and tries to mould it the best he can.
Of course the whole complication of divorce laws are making this difficult.

The second best thing is to adopt a child and make him/her a good individual and keep the values upright, even if the future is going downhill.

Even at your lowest point, if you are a flame, you are always going to burn upright.

Is "upright" being "straight" here? I actually think most "masculine" men resist all attempts at objectification by others, like a self-rolling wheel, because they have so much pride.

The new "straight pride" is still effeminate, relatively.

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 20:01

Arditezza wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Arditezza wrote:
I think Jakob is actually dangerous.

He's one of those who will prey on people who aren't as smart and manipulate them in a way that is only good for himself and not for the ones who interact with him.  He sucks their energy and loves for them to look up to him in a really unhealthy way.

What do you consider a good dangerous then?

I don't consider danger to be good at all. But I am not one of those girls who needs to ride the edge between life and death to see what attention I can draw to myself. I would never purposely draw myself to danger, because I am responsible in my life to my children, my husband and all of those who I have made promises to.  I do everything within my power to keep out of danger so that I do not damage their trust in me as a steady head and a kind heart. It is my job as a woman to be a good example of a good life lived to others who may have had the misfortune of not being guided on the right path.  My grandmother did this for me with all her grace and patience, and I will pay it forward.

There was a time that I would toy with the idea of running a dangerous game, but that was before I had responsibilities and before I had grown up. My thrills now come from watching others thrive and discover, to grow and to be beautiful in whatever garden they choose to grow.  

And what if they thrive in danger?

And here we always meet, at the station of our heart / Looking at each other as if we were in a dream /Seeing for the first time different eyes so supreme / That bright flames burst into vision, keeping us apart.
Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 20:13

perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
When someone here told me FC was a bi, you know I said it was prob. a fiction he was writing and not real.
When 'Mannequin' in the past came here saying the only future option is homosexuality or call it homo-agape, because of the lack of decent females… the condition of the world was going to hell, I remember telling him here, an artist uses whatever material and tries to mould it the best he can.

The second best thing is to adopt a child and make him/her a good individual and keep the values upright, even if the future is going downhill.

Even at your lowest point, if you are a flame, you are always going to burn upright.

Is "upright" being "straight" here?

No, in the common usage. I didn't think of it as a metaphor when I wrote it.

Quote :
I actually think most "masculine" men resist all attempts at objectification by others, like a self-rolling wheel, because they have so much pride.

I think masculine men as mentioned in the Han thread are the most transparent and crystal clear and wouldn't consider it an objectification to be called a spade if they are a spade. Otherwise by your argument, nevermind men, "anyone" who resists objectification could be said to do so from pride, and that would include half the escapists, feminists and degenerates.

Regarding "losing control" and descending downwards into the animal world… I have always taken the animal to be intelligent or hypersensitive when I have said dionysian.

Someone who speaks for "consistency" consistently, if he's going to pull in the greeks for justification, then pls. be consistent and also endorse slavery and a host of other things the greeks did. Choosing only what's good and convenient and ignoring the rest is plain animal hedonism.

When you are at a low spot in your life and under the influence of drugs and whatever, decentrings happen, but then you attempt to justify it and call it affirming yourself - is not the right way, and further to denigrate some other greek, while he calls for a "suspension of judgement" only when it comes to himself, and preaching this to others: "suspend and what is mysterious will become clear", etc. is just hypocrisy.

Why doesn't he practise this on Satyr?

Ideals apart, if he knew the real Satyr objectively, I know he would find no truer friend, or at the least a truer individual.

Quote :
The new "straight pride" is still effeminate, relatively.

Yes, as long as they are continuing to define their manhood through their sexuality Alone.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 21:17

Lyssa wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Quote :
I actually think most "masculine" men resist all attempts at objectification by others, like a self-rolling wheel, because they have so much pride.

I think masculine men as mentioned in the Han thread are the most transparent and crystal clear and wouldn't consider it an objectification to be called a spade if they are a spade. Otherwise by your argument, nevermind men, "anyone" who resists objectification could be said to do so from pride, and that would include half the escapists, feminists and degenerates.

Couldn't be said to do so from pride unless you completely changed what pride means.  A man's "orientation" would be made "crystal clear" by his preferences and tastes which are result of his pride.  If straight pride means chicken wings and Sunday afternoon football and either a petrified or rosy eyed view of women then who wants to be associated with that.  And if gay pride means only taking joy when no ones feeling get hurt and everything remains harmlessly flirtatious, and shameless indulgence in pleasure then it has nothing to do with either joy or pride.  

Quote :

Regarding "losing control" and descending downwards into the animal world… I have always taken the animal to be intelligent or hypersensitive when I have said dionysian.

Someone who speaks for "consistency" consistently, if he's going to pull in the greeks for justification, then pls. be consistent and also endorse slavery and a host of other things the greeks did. Choosing only what's good and convenient and ignoring the rest is plain animal hedonism.

Does VO not include slavery?

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 21:42

perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Quote :

Couldn't be said to do so from pride unless you completely changed what pride means.  A man's "orientation" would be made "crystal clear" by his preferences and tastes which are result of his pride.  

Are you saying if a homo-agapist said it very "crystal clear" he was one, his pride would be his masculinity?

Are you saying if a pedo said it very "crystal clear" he was one, his pride would be his masculinity?

Even a thug can be honest. Why cRap albums sell.
What could be more in-your-face "crystal clear" than that?

Quote :
If straight pride means chicken wings and Sunday afternoon football and either a petrified or rosy eyed view of women then who wants to be associated with that.

N. attributed contentment to a masculine trait.

Not every marriage is a domestication. And everybody sacrifices something in their lives for something else - that doesnt make it an oppression/repression.

Because of feminization and feminism, its becoming harder to differentiate those who do not want to find their immortality through "knowing thyself" (the process of which may result in seeing the wisdom of having children and necessary sacrifices), or love, etc., and those who are so but "cannot" because of biased laws and social climate and
"make do", settle down with whatever options.

This is the same to what I have said before.

There is a man who sacrifices his life that I find heroic, and a man who stays back to keep the flame going, that I find equally heroic… dionysian/apollonian, etc.

Let me also add, everything is a cycle and goes through a phase of decadence, diminishment, waste-exits…  to wish a phase away calling the whole affair a domestication is hedonistic. A marriage will definitely have a decline phase and whether it resurges up with its wild liveliness or dies into tamed habituation/pussification is upto the particular.

Quote :

Have you read otherwise?

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 21:45

Any male who admits he could have an erection, and maintain it long enough and hard enough to penetrate another male's anus - a difficult task - is a homosexual.
I don't care what drugs you've had or what state you were in, the act itself exposes an inner nature.
I see another man's nuts, and ass, and I go limp.
There is no chance of me even thinking of having sex with a male, nuder any conditions.

The need to appear Greek, when you are not, by sampling the most degenerate, hedonistic elites, during their decline, ignoring the thousands go hoplite farmers that supported the entire Hellenic cultural edifice would be like sampling U.S. elites, now during American empire decline, to understand Americanism.
It would be like sampling German pre-war decadence in Berlin, to understand Germany.
Using Greek degeneracy as if the Greeks were infallible, and perfect, to justify your own, is disgusting.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 21:54

When a woman or a man is sexually rejected the noble mind seeks the reason on himself, or in some combined disharmony.
The degenerate calls the other fat, ugly, or some other insulting, dismissive term, to place the reason upon them and not himself.
He may even pretend that he was never truly interested, to save himself the pain.
Because degenerates are what they can only be: cowards, ignoble, filth.

Every action, every choice says something about the mind choosing and acting.

perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:07

Lyssa wrote:

Are you saying if a homo-agapist said it very "crystal clear" he was one, his pride would be his masculinity?

Are you saying if a pedo said it very "crystal clear" he was one, his pride would be his masculinity?

Even a thug can be honest. Why cRap albums sell.
What could be more in-your-face "crystal clear" than that?

A man's "orientation" would be made "crystal clear" by his preferences and tastes which are the result of his pride... If he chooses to throw his bling around and act like an animal, like some thug rapper, then that it's crystal clear how much pride he has.. he would be oriented towards greed, sex, or whatever degeneracy...He would be "aroused" only towards the most base things, his pride would only swell when it was about money, sex etc etc... Calling himself "gay" or straight or whatever would just be him trying to blanket himself from criticism, using a term he can hide behind and which has collective support.

Quote :

Let me also add, everything is a cycle and goes through a phase of decadence, diminishment, waste-exits…  to wish a phase away calling the whole affair a domestication is hedonistic. A marriage will definitely have a decline phase and whether it resurges up with its wild liveliness or dies into tamed habituation/pussification is upto the particular.

I agree.

Quote :

Have you read otherwise?[/quote]

I haven't read one way or the other... Admittedly, I'm no expert of VO.  Maybe you can quote where he says it doesn't.

Last edited by perpetualburn on Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
perpetualburn

perpetualburn

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:09

Satyr wrote:
Any male who admits he could have an erection, and maintain it long enough and hard enough to penetrate another male's anus - a difficult task - is a homosexual.
I don't care what drugs you've had or what state you were in, the act itself exposes an inner nature.
There is no chance of me even thinking of having sex with a male, nuder any conditions.

But how do you FC just didn't say that to get a "rise"?

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:12

I don't.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:23

perpetualburn wrote:
Satyr wrote:

But how do you FC just didn't say that to get a "rise"?

His past history shows he's never been a provocateur - he even dislikes Satyr for such.

The question is about him using the Greeks to "justify" a homosexual act while preaching the valuing of man's power, value, etc. and calling Satyr a "bad" person.

That is plain hypocrisy in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:29

Fixed and Company accuse me of sheltering Satyr,,, but these Hypocrites - who call anyone just even mentioning the ssshhh word immediately 'Nazis', aren't they the biggest PC shelterers?!

These Nazis are the mother of all mothers.

Last edited by Lyssa on Tue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arditezza

Arditezza

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:38

perpetualburn wrote:

And what if they thrive in danger?

Then they must live and learn. They must experience to thrive.

I do not shelter anyone, I hope they can learn well and use what they learn. What they do with the knowledge is their own individual responsibility.

If my child wanted to learn to fly, I would not stop him from learning if there were no age restrictions to it. If he received his pilot license and wanted to fly around the world, and found the means to do so... I would not stop him. I would encourage him to find his funding, explore and learn, as I always have.

When my children ask me for something, I help them find ways of making arrangements to reach all of their goals, no matter how I feel about it. I will not be a barrier or make them slaves.

When your arguments are guided by your conclusions, you aren't doing philosophy, you are merely demonstrating your bias.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:41

I don't know if anybody here knows this, but half-wits with large vocabularies, fancy ways of saying stupid things, and sexual dysfunctions, are responsible for over 100 death worldwide per year.
Something about riding on mopeds using only one hand, the other stroking their vanity.
So, yeah...I need protection.

When Igor climbs the bell tower, the princess lets down her hair for him.
He rings the giant bell, on the hour, every hour, and she sings soft tunes, attracting Don Quixotes to the tower's base, from far and wide.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 22:50

Don't know how long, but it might take some time before the dim-wit discovers that the half-wit, is practically [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...or will the half-wit discover that the dim-wit is really a female spirit in a "male's" body, first?

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 23:20

I miss the shit-Stain.
He's probably off fucking some whore he picked up with the promise of free designer drugs, or got her piss drunk and brought her over to his place so that he can wake up next to her.
I miss his antics.
How he would pretend to understand what he was clueless about, and then refer to obscure sources, knowing nobody would go to the trouble to verify what he was alluding to, and then implying he was so advanced that he could not be bothered.
You know genius stuff only someone with a high I.Q could think up.

I guess I'll have to make do with the Hoodie Clan of Peripatetic VO "philosophers", who will change the destiny of mankind, from somewhere in the wilds.
Is it too early to call them a cult?
I know the steps...clan...cult....religion....

I am so going to enjoy watching that gang share their genius, with their selfie-sticks.
Unfortunately I have no direct access to them...I am protected.
For my own safety.
I'll have to find other ways.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 0:58

It's unfortunate when the one who can defeat me in debate, and against whom I need protecting, shows up here, time after time, and never takes up the challenge of shaming me to his followers, and potential lovers.

A fighter in theory, is undefeated.
His legend grows, making little boys want to be just like him.
He feels a surge of power, and of responsibility.
His fears become hidden.
He cannot risk stepping into the rink with one he can, theoretically, easily defeat....because if he wins, it is expected, and if he loses, it will crush the image he painstakingly built over time, using theory and declarations.
It's a tough spot to be in, when your motive is to become glorified when you are dead...and when you want to live in infamy, because you cannot, and will not, father a child of your own.
Not surprising that those who gather around you are, like you, fatherless, and childless.
With no stake in the past, or the future, playing with words is the only thing left to do.
A gamble, with not much to risk.

Inseminating young male minds, becomes erotic.
What need have you for females?
Easy step from the mental to the physical.
If you get a thrill, an orgasm, from inseminating minds, male or female, then converting this to the physical act is not hard to do.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 1:08

You do know how a beta male inserts himself into a female's life, don't you?
He comes around, is always around, offering help.
He flatters continuously, is willing to offer help, makes you feel good whenever he is around.
He is cleaning your gutter, fixing your pipes, giving you advice on how to fix your wi-fi, willing to come over and do it for you.
Simple small things add up, over time.
It's slow...but it is effective if the female is ripe for the picking.
Patience, casual displays where name-dropping, your physical mental performances, your portfolio are mentioned....
It all adds up.
Seduction, today, takes time and energy.

If you don't have the money, to compensate, then you better contribute the sweat.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 1:12

Know what's really funny?
When a douche-bag tells you he can beat you up, defeat you, and, despite being present, does not do it.

Know what's worse?
When the same douche-bag tells you he knows someone who can beat you up and defeat you.
Now that is a pussy.

Am I hiding?

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 23:18

Watch the Hippo-crit Sly in the dungeon evading all his hypocrisy he smeared on himself.

He deflects and calls for a ban and this and that… drum rolls… drown down the truth

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2015 - 0:39

It's better the second time around

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2015 - 0:43

When a "thinker" cannot explain his positions to a layman, and can't express the same concepts using different words, symbols, metaphors, then his words have no contact with the real world.
They are abstractions....like those swaps they invented and sold to the masses.

When an idea can be interpreted by the listener in whatever manner he or she chooses, then it is a pacifier, with no nutritional value.

Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2015 - 2:51

When it comes to philosophy, lower minds crave base desires, and thus represent base goals. Popularity, fame, social status, a pat on the back, peer approval, to fit in with the (democratic) majority. That's all he wants, and cannot imagine anything more, and certainly not anything "outside" the gifts offered by public approval and popularity. This marks the big difference between "philosophy", for the commoner, and Philosophy, for the intellectually inclined.

Philosophy, offers a more potent reward than popularity. What can be gained from wisdom, knowledge, intelligence, thought, and testing all these thoughts among other philosophers? More powerful insights into the human condition, more awareness of existence, consciousness of reality, better degrees and capabilities to predict the unknown, to foresee what ought to be common sense.

And finally, Authority, the ability to speak for yourself, and make a man out of yourself. The ability to receive the consequences of your ideas, and for sharing them where you have. Because if you share wisdom with a fool, then will he thank you for it? No, he will curse you, and try to tear you apart. His vengeance and revenge for making him aware of himself, and of his own failings in life.

When dealing with common people, the majority, the democracy, these are people who will hate you for merely implying, that they begin to take real, true responsibility for their own lives.

They'll prefer to blame others, and most expectantly, "The State" or "God", "The Church"....

There's a huge difference between yearning for power, as an idealist, and never having it. Versus gaining that power, and being able to wield it, or not. Because most who yearn, cannot wield.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 20:48

Satyr wrote:
Kovacs wrote:

Then he failed, or, more likely, his desire to be seen undermined whatever precautions he put in place to keep him from being punished for his compulsions.   He is as compulsive as Joker, just has a high culture veneer over it.
He is a hunter.
A hunter hunts.
A wolf has a compulsion to hunt.
He controls his nature, he does not invent it.

Joker is a wild-card; Hannibal is in control.
Hannibal's style, his elegance, his demeanor...all controlled.

Joker is suicidal - he flips a coin to see if he lives or dies; Hannibal flips a coin to see if you live or die.

But hunting has its risks.

Kovacs wrote:
Just like many plantation owners who were also 'above' their own barbarian natures in terms of self-image, but not in reality.   Lector is not his compulsions, in his own mind, and hence can give ultimate punishments for rudeness - not necessarily at all culling the herd.   The slightest reflection of his own vulgarity is met with force.  (and the irony that someone - a sometimes rude someone - who repeatedly points out that no one gets censored ((read:banned)) here admiring someone who bans people from existence for being rude should not be passed over)
He follows his rules, not the herd's.
The herd is all-inclusive; shares insecurities alleviated by communing.
He is solitary, seeking his own kind among the herd members.

Kovacs wrote:
Joker wears his damage out front.  It is real. It is who he is, a significant part of who he is.   Lector pretends not to have damage.   And his fan, here, imagines that it is not damage in his cannibalism and serial killing, but a more noble culling.   But he does not cull the weak.   They are weaker than him, but they are hardly the weak.  Certain things offend him and he reacts compulsively to them.
"Damage" is your evaluation using your herd psychology.
Who, but the "damaged" would not associate with the herd...where it is safe?
herd=health
no-herd=ill

When Hannibal kills, it is not his own...no more than if Tarzan killed one of the apes in his troop.

Your identity is so caught-up with the sexual category homo sapient, that you must then eliminate the sexual component, the male/female, to make it all-inclusive, and uniform.
But if so, if human is an idea, an ideal, a memetic identity, then you just opened the door to other such identifiers, which do not adhere to your secularized Judeo-Christian forms.

But he does cull the stronger among the weak...and who goes on-line with the strength of his convictions?
Do I go to the synagogue to find that poor old Jew to beat up on?
No.
I wait here, for that Jew with his circumcised cock in the air, to come to me.

Who, do I play with on ILP?
The arrogant douche-bags, like shit-Stain, who declare themselves "intellectuals"...and you, Kovacs.
Are you one of the weak?
Is Phoneee and Mooo?

Kovacs wrote:
Of course it matters which of the many Lectors we are dealing with, but in the books he is the product of trauma, not even choosing his cannibalism but having it thrust upon him.
But of course, imbecile, what else but trauma, chaos, could produce such a brilliant dancing star, in a world of complacent, dullards, hiding their fears beneath loving gestures?

What does not kill me, idiot...and if sheltered and protected, what a pathetic atrophied spirit you become.

Kovacs wrote:
But Joker cannot simply be chaos or he would not be so effective - also, here, depending on which of the even more versions of Joker we are dealing with.   His goal is moving phoney organization and refinement around him into the chaos he experiences.
To do this he has to be just as precise and surgical as Lector.
In the movies we are supposed to see Lector as a genius, and this entails that his psychological works are works of genius.   But in the actual film he produces little genius - not the film's fault.
Joker is a nihilist.
He wants the world to adapt to him.
Lector accepts the world as it is...not wanting to change a thing.
He does not belong to the world of such men...he is timeless.

His genius is how he manipulates the herd.
He knows them.

Kovacs wrote:
To do this the screenplaywriter and or director would have to be geniuses in Lector's fields.   They have to imply or really declare it.   But it simply would not be there.    You would not be writing genius works of insight into human nature while at the same time having the constant compulsion to eat people who annoy you.   It's gobblygook symbolmaking, though, hell, I enjoyed it also.   And Hopkins managed to give him a deathly presence that made him interesting and seemingly real for the two hours.    Joker is also problematic in terms of reality, but here the issue is less important because he is less pretentious.
It's because you, imbecile, still ascribe to the herd your values.
If it is popular to the herd, if it helps the herd...
Why would Lecter, who does not identify with the herd, write anything for them?
He writes sonnets, for himself.
We are not told if he writes essays, but he sketches...

You belong to the category of minds that only value what the many, some other, appreciates.
If there is nobody to appreciate it, it has no value.

But, in this case, who does he create his masterpieces of death for?
His design.

In the book, imbecile, Hannibal gets the girl...in the movie he loses the girl and his hand.
Harrison had other ideas about the character.
The television series seems more closer to that.
But we shall see...you never know with the established institutions, and what messages they want to give to the herd.

Kovacs wrote:
In compensation for the utter out of controlness at the center of him.   He cannot tolerate what he is and goes to incredible lengths to no have a mirror.   It is not the moral mirrors that most people avoid, wanting not to notice their own dark sides, violence and terror.  It is the compulsive, brutal, animal side of himself he cannot stand, though like a werewolf he cannot help but enjoy when it takes him over.   And then he has to keep the desire at bay by regularly tossing entrecot - in his case well prepared human flesh -at the beast.   And compulsive in the OCD sense.
How much self-love he truly has you will never know.
You missed it because the only love you know of is the one you receive reflected in others.

If you notice, he kills those that even a herd member, like you, would consider despicable.
The reporter....the pedophile billionaire...the cop who destroys Starlings career, the sicko psychologist etc.

Kovacs wrote:
Precisely.   But he cannot control his compulsions and they have very similar results for both him and others.
Can you control your compulsion to help the herd you belong to?
Can you control your compulsion to fuck a pretty girl, to eat a juicy steak?
How much and for how long?
He does what some only hope they could do.
He is, after all, a caricature.
He represents what IS controlled out there, you imbecile.  

Kovacs wrote:
I admire neither Joker or joker, but where they do not admire Lector's smug pretense, there I agree.
The pretense is towards the herd, and you witness it; you are a martyr to it, as a voyeur.

If a wolf wants to approach sheep, does it not pretend to be grass?

And you, do you not pretend to be smart, when you are nothing more than a bovine?
Do you not come here to protect your kind?

Shared narcissism:
- The belief that you DESERVE, eternal life, respect, rights, attention, just because you were born.
- The belief that your club is a club everyone wants to belong to, and if you don't it is because you are lying, or because you can't get in.
- The belief that you are healthy, because your condition is common, popular, shared.
- The belief that fear underlies all positions on life, except your own.
- The belief that empathy automatically means sympathy.
- The belief that all are pretentious except you, when you ask "ho do you do?".
- The belief that all compulsions are obsessive except your own.
- The belief that love is constructive, and hate is destructive.  
- The belief that all positions you despise are the result of trauma, or some other negative experience, except your own, or positions you can relate to.

What can be more pretentious, than the terror to face the world alone, becoming a desperate need to immerse yourself in a communal identity, and to then pretend you give a shit about everybody sharing in it?
What can be more narcissistic than identifying with a faceless, formless, ideal, convincing yourself you are its best representation?
What can be more hypocritical, than to think you value honesty and then attack it when it insults you, or says things you do not ant to believe are true?

Satyr wrote:
Life is agon: struggle, suffering.
A stress upon the organism
stress= suffering/pain.

This, would be considered a level of "trauma."
Attrition on the ordering/becoming of the organism.

In sheltering environments this stress never exceeds the endurable (the median level of endurance) - and only becomes apparent in the adolescent stage, when the individual realizes that he will not be able to remain honest and true to his nature, as he could as a child.
It is the weening stage, when the individual is pushed to deal with the world on his own.
This is the first "traumatic" psychological event, usually accompanied by a rebelliousness (anger, sadness), spurred on by hormonal changes which are going on at the same time.  
It's the stage where the individual realizes what parts of himself he will be able to express, and which parts he will have to repress.
A successful self-repression produces the "normal" type - the repressed parts expressing themselves subconsciously, through dreams, sexual fantasies, neurosis.
The less complex a mind is, the less he has to repress.
The"trauma" is lower.  
A simple mind will adjust much more easily, as there will be very little about him to adjust in this way.
Birds, having bird-brains, can live for years in a tiny cage.

In physical trauma, if death does not follow, there's scarring.
A thickening of the tissue; an increased numbness due to destroyed or buried nerves.
Trauma indicates an experience survived - it is worn with pride, unless one is born and raised as a spoiled, pampered, brat, trying to preserve that pristine skin softness of the child.

Without trauma, on some level, there is no growth.
To build a muscle you must stress it, traumatize it, tear it, so that when it heals it heals bigger, stronger, thicker.

We live in an age where that youthful, soft, smooth skin, lacking scars, is worshiped.
An age where controlled, artificially induced stresses are preferred.
This indicates how we cope with psychological stresses.

------------

A man-child is not a man who involves himself in childish things, but one that involves himself in childish things in childish ways.

There would be no issue of dealing with imbeciles in a world where protections were absent - there would be no need for debate and endless conversations over who deserves what, and what "justice" means.
Only in an environment where weakness is preserved and allowed to propagate - valued as a virtue because it is malleable - would there be a need to justify why this is "good", and only then would there be a need to give the products of this sheltering reasons to feel proud of what they are - values to find self-esteem in, new definitions to make them "normal", where the term is flattering.
A mind that has not faced traumatic events, never grows up.
It doesn't have to.
those that do face traumatic events, not all deal with them in the same way.

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is a result of how one deals with it.
A protected mind, is not courageous when it has never faced death, or if it remains ignorant and naive.
And those who do face fear, some run and some fight - fight/flight.  

And so a child of divorced parents may turn out to be a criminal or become the president of the United States, and a child born and raised in harrowing condition of poverty, violence, death, may becomes fucked-up or may become brilliant.

To accuse anyone of fear, is stating the obvious; to ignore it in yourself, is disingenuous and hypocritical; to see fear in hate but not in love, is delusional; to use fear as an accusation, is naive.
The adversity is the necessary ingredient for a do or die scenario to unfold - sheltering is an atrophying; stagnation founded no comfort, predictability, certainty.

Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 18:42

ILP is soooo dull, its only waking up NOW to what Satyr and I have consistently pointed out since a year and more back.

The amount of inertia and stupidity there is unbelievable.

On one hand, Fixed's exasperation is almost empathy-worthy,,,, on the other, it must be said to him,,, just because the mass is this dull to pick up, doesn't mean, a thesis immediately is so complex and profound.

Back to top Go down
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 19:46

When Satyr quickly assessed cAnus as a troll, and called his thinking as one akin to a chimpanzee, there was some talk on ILP on his caricaturing/shaming, etc.

But now those like Fixed, Brian and co. finally realize iambiguous is one insincere troll.

Satyr called himself the "out of phase man"; what he says now dawns on others months and years later, and it feels like friction now, because the time is out of joint.

Continue on with the charade of civility ILP and treat cAnus on par with other humans, and be kind and polite, and just ignore him decently.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 20:15

When a mind is dominated, pushed over, toppled, and fallen, then it takes a 'Recuperation' time to recover one's senses. Mental domination can take longer to recover from, than physical damage. And like physical damage, some wounds may heal and are temporary, while others are more permanent.

This "lag time", on ILP, is the time difference. ILP faggots are suffering permanent (mental) damage. Because their minds are significantly weaker than those who find themselves here, on KT. The difference between large mass of children huddled together in a sandbox, or a kindergarten playground, versus a few selected individuals who eventually become adults.

Philosophy, like adulthood and maturity, are not for everybody. Greater knowledge, wisdom, intellect, power, all must be attained, hard won, because it is hard fought.

The ILP faggots will never fight for what they believe in. Because their ideals are ultimately, both weak and flawed. It is a solipsistic bubble, never allowing realism to pop their dream worlds.

They are asleep (brain dead, comatose) and they would rather kill themselves than wake up, and finally, confront reality.

They are addicted to thought drugs (Religion). These are slave-minds, being dealt with. Not master-minds.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 22:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the mind, are now discovering the motives and true "value" of cAnus.
Maybe, with time, they will also see themselves more honestly and courageously.
"Thieves and liars..." they say in my country "...rejoice the first year."

Call a retard what he is, and he may not inflict upon you his retardation.
Humour him, wanting to convert and convince him, and he will be on your head, and in it, until exasperation has to be paid its toll.

Fools, it is comforting to know, never stop.
You will find them having fun, and being joyous, all year long, come rain or shine....for a lifetime.
Like simpletons and animals....or children.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015 - 17:57

When performing Jujitsu for the camera, always blow out hard, to make it seem like your fists, with their power, are causing the displacement you are projecting from your mouth, as hot-air.

When performing verbal Jujitsu for the audience, always use words with conviction as if you are stating a profound truth, when you are mind-farting with gusto.

The motive is always to impress, and to one day rule the world, with sword or pen, enjoying the pleasures of many gorgeous female companions, and little boys, with testicles still snuggled inside, like ovaries, running around.
A pat on the rump, a pinch of the cheek, and off they go all excited.

If you are anywhere near forty and thinking of doing this....think twice.
The desired effect will be the reverse.
A man-child is cute, adorable, charming, triggering a personal hope of remaining eternally young and naive, and playful, but the cuteness wears off and there you are a, naked, wrinkly, testicles swinging between your ankles, lonely, decrepit, old man, mumbling about how great you could have, been, would have, been, still will be.
Who will you regurgitate then?
What new parlour trick can you find to escape the real?

Sponsored content

Forums - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next