Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySat May 02, 2020 10:47 am

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 8:30 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:28 am

We cannot adopt the methods of the 'chosen' as this would make us like them.
Whee they pretend and lie, remain honest and speak the truth; if they obscure and conceal and mystify, we must reveal, and clarify and demystify.

Begin by reconnecting words and symbols to their original references - returning language to its original utility - when and if possible.

Simplify what they've made unnecessarily complex.

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 Index27

Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 12:32 pm

It's hard to find something so consistently good like hobbit and LOTR, especially hobbit it's so well directed, the friendships seem very heartfelt how they speak to each other, and the bonds they form (between Bilbo and Thorin).
The performance of Ian mckellen gives me warm feelings. So many great performances, dwarfs and bilbo etc, genuine chemistry between the characters and how they do not get along in some aspects, (how they have different manners). You can experience the joy when the casting is done well.

Reminds you of old times when people were actually excited to see each other, unlike in current times where we are so tired of seeing people and disappointed (at least I am). Social media was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm

Jarno wrote:
It's hard to find something so consistently good like hobbit and LOTR, especially hobbit it's so well directed, the friendships seem very heartfelt how they speak to each other, and the bonds they form (between Bilbo and Thorin).
The performance of Ian mckellen gives me warm feelings. So many great performances, dwarfs and bilbo etc, genuine chemistry between the characters and how they do not get along in some aspects, (how they have different manners). You can experience the joy when the casting is done well.

Reminds you of old times when people were actually excited to see each other, unlike in current times where we are so tired of seeing people and disappointed (at least I am). Social media was a mistake.

I agree.

Even though it is a corruption of Paganism, the heroic performances were still great. We always have to look for those glints of light reflected off such gemstones in the modern wasteland. Like they were discussing in the video, sometimes the beauty of the spirit must be given credence over anything else as sacrosanct.

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 3:16 pm

I like part 1 and 2 of the movies but part 3 left me cold. I haven't thought about why that was. It felt generic to me, in other words, I didn't get emotionally invested in the stories of part 3.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 03, 2020 3:35 pm

The final squeal of a movie series is always hit or miss. Most of the time its a miss. Like it was with the Godfather. Their problem was their lack of understanding of how to end an epic. They tried to do too much with the ending, intending to make it more emotionally fulfilling and it ended up being melodramatic. Endings to tales don't have to be complicated or grandiose, the events prior to the ending should have already been enough to do it justice.

I also appreciate that it was nigger free. That was another great thing about the series.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 7:28 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 8:04 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 10:26 am

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 10:29 am

Kvasir wrote:
The final squeal of a movie series is always hit or miss. Most of the time its a miss. Like it was with the Godfather. Their problem was their lack of understanding of how to end an epic. They tried to do too much with the ending, intending to make it more emotionally fulfilling and it ended up being melodramatic. Endings to tales don't have to be complicated or grandiose, the events prior to the ending should have already been enough to do it justice.

I also appreciate that it was nigger free. That was another great thing about the series.

Yes, maybe it's because it "jumped the shark" for me. It wasn't a war, it was THE war. It wasn't this tribe vs. that tribe/race, it was THE conflict of good vs evil. Some have mentioned how superhero movies have to constantly up their game in terms of scale, or think of Star Wars where you go from planet destroyer to solar system destroyer to threat of the universe's existence or whatever.

LotR has this theme of good vs. evil from the beginning but the first parts it's in its execution on a smaller scale. It's about these guys forming a party and getting somewhere, fighting their way through hostile territory. Or about this faction being besieged and getting support from that other faction to fight of this third army. While the finale is good vs. evil, the final battle, the final war to rule them all.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 11:50 am

Another thing that we notice with these modern films of heroism, at least I do, is how the nobility of violence against enemies is portrayed to accommodate these Christian undercurrents infused with egalitarianism.

For example, the unforgettable scene of Gringa Wormtoungue and King Theoden. King Theoden's hand being stayed by Aragon, preventing him from slaying him. That scene alone illustrates the puritanical, humanitarian progressive bullshit. Haha. Are you absolutely fucking kidding me? That little degenerate pustule, for all his humiliations he subjected the King to, if anything, he should have been publicly tortured for at least a few days, before he was hog-tied, strung up and disembowled. His head then should have been sent to Sarumon, which would have been the graceful thing to do. The overall spirits of the characters in these films, are strapped down under these submissive attitudes of deference towards thier enemies.

For these progressive cinema producers, they must not show the true side of the pagan warrior spirit. That there is nobility in violence as long as it serves a purpose to preserve the honor of oneself and thier ancestry. These movies sugar-coat it, keeping the viewers docile in thier understanding about life and death. The Christian life-denialism must take place spiritually, because the body itself is inferior to the ideal of God and must be kept alive for the sake of its subjugation; thus enter humanitarianism and liberalism.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Kvasir wrote:

For example, the unforgettable scene of Gringa Wormtoungue and King Theoden. King Theoden's hand being stayed by Aragon, preventing him from slaying him. That scene alone illustrates the puritanical, humanitarian progressive bullshit. Haha. Are you absolutely fucking kidding me? That little degenerate pustule, for all his humiliations he subjected the King to, if anything, he should have been publicly tortured for at least a few days, before he was hog-tied, strung up and disembowled. His head then should have been sent to Sarumon, which would have been the graceful thing to do. The overall spirits of the characters in these films, are strapped down under these submissive attitudes of deference towards thier enemies.

Haha, yes, I also notice this kind of scenes, I just can't remember everything.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Satyr wrote:

Great discussion.

One idea that was overlooked however. The feminine emasculated "Jack" ego, triumphs over the alpha masculine "Tyler" alter-ego when he kills him. This tends to always be the climatic outcome in these themes where the primal masculine is explored. The meek wins over the strong.

"Agent Smith" in the Matrix series is another similar case in point. Another character symbolizing the unbounded dominance of masculine power which of course must be stopped at all costs by the feminine rival counter-part, "Neo" who also end up killing him. The masculine dominance is always represented as the "villian". Smith has also broken free from the oppressive "emasculating" control of the system, while Neo is still loyal to it despite having been "freed" from it, he is loyal to the whims of "fate" and why the idea of fate is constantly emphasized and returned to in the series. Obedience and submission, hiding under illusions of "freedom" and "individuality".

Ergo, "Jack" the feminized ego in fight club, fails to actualize his masculine prowess into a destiny, he chooses submission to the feminine, and obediance to a collective system represented by humanity.

This control over the psychic temperamental relationship between masculine and feminine is inverted in these films. They portray the feminine "taming" and dominating the masculine when it is in fact the other way around. Lines must be drawn against the masculine force, it must not be allowed to ascend too high before it must be brought back down again so as to protect the sanctity of that which is weaker than it.

The massacre shooters that we see in the current age who are of course always male, are males giving into the fury of thier subjugated masculine nature under feminism and capitalism. But because they have no control over it, it comes out in the form of blind rage and psychosis, and results in thier own self-destruction which is why they always kill themselves. Thier suicides are testaments to thier submission to the chaotic feminine force which ruled over them and thier inability for self-mastery.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 4:01 pm

I remember that I was surprised at how they dealt with wormtongue. It's been a long time that I have seen that movie, do they let him just leave? Or does he even stay in the town? I guess it's noble to not punish those who destroy what you hold dear. Shows how cucked strong you are.
Just reminded me how women are deemed strong, independent,... in other words deemed morally virtuous, or deemed noble by modern standards, if they have no children until they are almost barren but make power point presentation instead. You couldn't make this up....
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Anfang wrote:
I remember that I was surprised at how they dealt with wormtongue. It's been a long time that I have seen that movie, do they let him just leave? Or does he even stay in the town? I guess it's noble to not punish those who destroy what you hold dear. Shows how cucked strong you are....

He is freed. As the Christian tenets go, "love thy neighbor, pray for ones enemies". For an Inferior spirit, thier nobility is in loving thier enemies. To kill your enemy is to affirm who you are in the face of adversity.

Making existence laugh at you, is to reduce oneself lower than an animal.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 4:36 pm

The Zombie is obviously a metaphor for a mind infected by nihilism - a virus which detached mind from reality, from physicality, the body.
Zombie insatiable hunger for flesh and blood is a metaphor for hedonism and how it can never be gratified when you hunger for the unreal, the supernatural, that which has been defined out of existence and therefore can never be found in the world; a mindless hunger for what only exist in other minds, ergo zombies want to feed on humans, spreading the disease they are infected with; individuals that seem to be autonomous - individuals - but act in unison when triggered, guided by a collective hunger, and a collective detachment from reality - brain dead...is worse than dead.
It spreads linguistically/semiotically, from mind to mind, and one parasite-meme has integrated it into its own survival strategy - symbiosis - promoting it so as to infest as many minds as possible.
The virus evolves, adapting to different hosts - it morphs into multiple kinds of the same disease.

The "enemy" is invisible, existing only in the mind - abstract - your own family can be a carrier. The only antagonist is the parasite that manipulated the virus for its own interests.
We are already in a Zombie infested western world - some pockets of health still resisting the zombie hordes.

The real virus is far more sophisticated. It can be spread through electronic codes - Hollywood, entertainment, pop-fArt, cRap, etc.
It is a pure idea/ideal, a defensive, detaching abstraction - pleasure is how this detachment is experienced - relief from an 'unjust', uncertain, cruel world - it is seductive, infiltrating weakness, so ti finds its way into a population through its weakest members.
A meme-virus, propagated, in the west, by a parasitical-meme, helping its own reproductive and survival needs.

As I've said, this virus emerges spontaneously as a reaction to increasing self-consciousness.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Kvasir wrote:
Satyr wrote:

Great discussion.

I watched this for the first time few days ago so I could watch this analysis, been avoiding it because of Brad Pitt. I kind of understood a lot of it, but they still made a lot of interesting observations. Feels like my life almost in a way that my life was always ruined by these kind of troublesome/chaotic females (or at least one) who wanted to be treated like a second-rate male and didn't like when I tried to treat her like a female. A psychotic attention seeking person overall, she actually had a psychosis when I was in the army. (heard about after I got out). She could barely keep any friendships, I just kept seeing her friendlists change constantly, old people deleted, really shallow person. And even when I first met her I knew she was going to cause problems and kept I my distance.

But I feel like even on dating market there are a lot of these kind of females I've been seeing, who want to be one of the guys, drink beer etc, but at least I was never interested in women who were vulgar.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Female vulgarity is the feminist characteristic of masculine overcompensation. This is why most feminists are hyper-aggressive and petulant; they attempt to imitate masculine aggression or alpha male behavior, but do so in grotesque ways because their nature's are extreme, lacking balanced temperaments.

A woman is physiologically oriented. Her purpose is physical; procreation, child rearing, copulation, bodily fitness and well-being, etc. Take those away from her, and she is left with mental and intellectual pursuits which are unnatural to her and create these unsightly hyperbolic behavior dysfunctions, and the degenerate culture only exacerbates it.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySat May 09, 2020 7:45 pm

*Nihilism dies without a collective - language/code is how its ideas/ideals are transmitted creating matrices of inter-subjectivity.
They cease to exist outside minds, and so they need minds to survive - selfish memes.
Example: the one-god, an absolute, cease to exist without a mind, outside a mind.
There is no indivisible, immutable, whole, singularity...but only as an idea, a concept, an abstraction.
This is what I mean by Humanity = world'; world = Humanity.

*Liberty is code for salvation in secularized Abrahamism.
To be free to do anything - is to be a god - but this is only possible in your own mind - ergo all is subjective; every individual living in his/her own private universe.
Messianic message of Americanism - Judeo-Puritanism - is salvation - liberty from past, from human hierarchies, from natural order, from nature as the sum of all past nurturing.
Hollywood is selling the salvation myth to secular degenerates.
Nihilism recycles, and repackages old ideas constantly - post-modernism is a repackaging of Marxism; each time adapted, adjusted, having gained something from every failure, but not enough because they cannot let go of the fundamental principles that continuously fail if applied in the real world; they always find fault in other, never in self.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 10, 2020 7:50 am

The creators (Ethan Coen, Joel Coen) are evidence of what happens to nihilists when they are released from their spiritual nihilism into the the void of secularist markets.
Priestly names want to become 'sha-women' of the post-modern age, spreading their own internal void to the masses as a salvation gift that can only be fulfilled with monetary purchases and the liberation of the mind into madness.
Another more extreme example are Lana Wachowski, Lilly Wachowski.

The parasite destroys itself as it devours the host....but that's part of its reproductive cycle = selfish memes follow from Dawkins 'selfish genes'.
The individual, body, is destroyed to replicate the idea, the ideology, the meme.
Then it goes dormant awaiting a new host.

We are in the end stage of a dying host - U.S.A. - infested over its long life with all kinds of viruses and parasites that emerge virile and engorged as its energies wane.
Then they return to a crystalline dormant stage - as words/symbols on a page - until a new host integrates them into its own mind, at which point they are reanimated, adjusting to the organization of its new home, evolving, appropriating, masking itself, gradually taking control over the new host's organs...and the process continues and repeats.

The world cannot be redeemed - it has lost its value, it cannot be saved.
World = humanity; humanity = world.

The wold man is white....and there is no place for him in this nonredeemable, money messianic world.
It is a world for the chosen few - the inferior tribes, the meek who are becoming insane by detaching them from their heritage, their physicality, their past.
Either/Or nihilism, represented by the coin toss - one/nil.
Seemingly randomness, chaos is taking over, but ti is really binary - 1/0, heads or tails.
All or nothing.

Last edited by Satyr on Sun May 10, 2020 11:48 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 10, 2020 9:31 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 10, 2020 2:53 pm

The ancients, by today's nihilistic modern/post-modern diseased Abrahamic standards would be considered Nazis.
Being an Indo-European has been  criminalized to make the chosen ones feel safe, or to help them parasitize and fulfill their reproductive cycles.
Who controls Hollywood and the movie/entertainment industry, including porn?
Who controls the media in the U.S.?
What did Ford say and why?

All recovering Abrahamics become Marxists and then Liberals.
They must replace their spiritual nihilism with a secular form, or they go insane.
they cannot give-up their defensive mechanism to protect their ego from self-awareness, and they cannot survive without it, particularly after becoming habituated and comforted for a long time by its presence.
Atzmon gave-up on his spiritual nihilism, i.e. Judaism, and adopted the Cosmopolitanism of traditional Marxism, rejecting Zionism, as imitating Nazism, and modern-Marxism, which is Americanism in disguise, i.e., opportunism, individualism, subjectivization, surrender to the market place to find an identity.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Batman is an inferior spirit in essence. Unable to harmonize the masculine/feminine duality in him, being pulled or swayed by either at any given time; constantly self-defeating, dispirited, or commiserate. No measure of real strength, but only a spirit of extreme submission to what influences him into action. This is the idea of the “Hero” in modernity; one who can never fully commit to the force which commands him, for fear of being too powerful, or too mighty; the fear of self-mastery.

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 8:26 pm

The only value of the Joker is his exposure of human pretense. Beyond that, he is a slave to his own pretension, the “costume of humanity” he wears.

I recall a long time ago, the guy 'Doomguard' talking about Nolan’s trilogy and making a point about Bane which I agreed with him on, about embodying the real “heroic” spirit. Bane is the logical conclusion of Gotham’s nihilism, seeking to deliver it into death, which it must lead to. In this way, the “anti-hero” is “heroically” symbolized as that force which brings into itself the absolution of a destiny, or an objective; absorbing into himself, and multiplying the power of the cause he assumes. Power of destiny, is power of the Heroic spirit, whether negative or positive. Nobility lies in commitment.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 EmptySun May 24, 2020 11:46 am

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next