Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Slaughtz

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 4:31 am

Drome wrote:
Warhammer 40k fan-movie Helsreach.

How he made it. Pretty interesting one-man show.

That was a good 'movie'. It is only Parts 1-10 (aka vol.1); parts 11-13 are the rest.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 am

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 10:39 am

Those who own Hollywood are really pushing this SJWIJEW+ agenda.
At this point they do not care about profits.
This may be killing the host, bu the parasite is motivated by more than the survival of the individual carrier.
Selfish-meme....

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 am

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 4:57 pm

enjoyed this movie, like most his performances,
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 am

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 8:50 am

I don't see it like Disney catering to the "SJW". There are people with a lot of influence in those companies which enforce this LGBTQJEWX stuff. The "SJW" is merely the foot-soldier voicing his approval like a seal. They know when to clap and when to boo. They know where to stir up trouble and where to look the other way, they are a well behaved, controlled outrage mob.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 8:56 am

it's funny, because females and emasculated males are trying to produce fiction that would appeal to a male mind -a nerd male mind.
They fail and they do not understand why, because female minds cannot appreciate fantasy on this level. They only see the weird creatures and action, and think that's all to it.
They cannot relate to the self-consistency of the lore - the alternate reality.
They only see an opportunity to peddle their political agendas.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 am

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 10:04 am

I've never seen Star Wars and I never had the desire to. And the mindless cultural obsession with it has only deepened that feeling.

Seriously....is it honestly worth watching? I'd like a viewpoint from someone of my kind.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 10:46 am

I first watched it when I was a kid.
It made quite the impression on me. I was heavily into sci-if, back then.
It has a sentimental value to me...in its infantile simplicity of good versus evil.

I was disheartened by how it has been appropriated by the LGBTQJEW+ Zeitgeist, to promote its political agenda.
Its simplicity had some self-consistency - the heroes voyage - and now it is absolute trash.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 1:05 pm

The original trilogy from the late 70s and 80s has the hero's journey story structure. They are good movies for children/teenagers, it's basically a fantasy movie set in a futuristic, hopeful, galaxy far away. Classic, timeless, storylines. Adventure, romance,... no obnoxious levels of shitlibbery.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 9:49 am

If you can stomach them, many of the more popular movies are worth watching if you want to see what people are being brainwashed with.

Star Wars is very simplistic and has too much Christian themes and proselytizing imo, definitely don't expect anything deep. The new trilogy works well if you understand it as a comedy/parody.

Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 10:12 am

There's something more on display here, other than the simplicity of the movie and its Abrahamic dualities.
there's the absence of self-cohesion.
The male mind needs a narrative that is true to itself; it abides by some kind of rule, even if it is simplistic and fantasy based - entirely noetic.

The feminine mind has to such requirement because it is goal oriented.
It doesn't even matter if the reasoning contradicts itself, if it promotes a specific outcome. It is oriented towards the effect.
A woman does not question why she loses interest in a male, for example, or why she had an interest in him, in the first place. All she cares is for the effect, the pragmatic loss or presence.

In the case of art, she doesn't give a shit if the movie is realistic, or has no need for a rational foundation for a romance, let's say....all she cars is for the outcome - the romance itself, the pleasure itself - the presence.
Feminization of Mankind.
This movie serves as an example for a general feminization that also applies to philosophy, politics, etc.

If people think that I would post some inane commentary on a stupid childish movie, then they really have no clue what he is all about.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 10:54 am

I view it as the last and only scrap of cultural pride in a culture of spiritually impoverished people aching, longing and desperate for some sense of collective nationality through a shared mythology. Mythology after all, is a source of spiritual commune among any given civilization, even one as degenerate as this, there is still an unspoken thymotic desire for a Volk and for symbolism.

Pop culture has shoved Star Wars in my face enough for me to have at least a cursory knowledge of some of its themes, such as the ancient dichotomy of "dark" and "light" (the dark side and light side), as well as some subtle Shakespearean dynamics; Luke and his villainous father, Vader's backstory of how he was "corrupted" and came to be into the dark side from the light of the Jedi and so forth, the ancient rite of passage for self-actualization through transformation. All of this appeals to the imagination as well as weak minds searching for meaning in a world of nihilism.

I agree that it is probably too childish for me to bother with, all those goofy characters and costumes, I just can't bring myself to take it seriously. Ill stick to my principles and not watch it. Ill simply observe it as a last dying cultural breath of a people in their dying decadent culture.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 11:24 am

Way too much brown eyes and dark hair, and the main character has curls. Just saw metokur talking about it briefly and people supposedly watch this. I couldn't watch this even for a review.

It's missing Long-Skulls
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 11:39 am

Haven't seen this anime. But now that you mention it, the lack of lots of blue eyes is strange, especially since it pretends to be a historical anime and since there are often blue eyes in other kinds of anime.

This is the author of the manga

I am not familiar with what constitutes the Japanese happy-liberal-bugman type but this could be one.
It's not like this photo was taken when he was 16, I presume. (He was born 1976)
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 4:43 pm

I think I've mentioned it somewhere else, an anime I've watched and liked was Shinchou Yuusha.

It's adventure, a bit of harem but what is the main draw is the comedy. What I liked about it is probably the traditional roles of the sexes, which is very rare since quite a few decades. The male hero is more guided by reason and caution - the world is dangerous and so he must anticipate what his enemies might be doing and how they will try to trick him. The female goddess is impulsive, emotional, tries to protect everybody, seeks the heroes validation as being sexually attractive...

In many more ways it's so not modern in regards to the dynamic between the two.
The nice thing is that neither side is portrayed as being the end all be all, both are needed in their own way.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:29 pm

I just got fired up people recommending Vinland saga to metokur, when I first saw it I was sure nobody would watch it because how crappy the portrayal looked, but today I heard it's popular and rated good. I was not looking for anything, but just spectated what people kept recommending to each other, but I could take a look, I just don't like the ones with obnoxious high-pitched female shouting and screaming, I'm not fan of that kind of comedic relief. Also a lot of animes have this humour where the female characters "beat-up"/punch the male characters, I just don't like to see same archetypes over and over. These female characters never show any respect towards the male characters no matter who they are.

I dislike metokur for not liking one punch man season 2 and saying "oh I see what they tried to do here ", I think OPM season 2 is even more relevant than Joker (which I haven't seen yet).

Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 pm

It's a good point that if it's meant to portray a time period, and it's done out of spite of Europeans to change the eye color, then they're demonstrating something anti-white. The issue is, a case can be made that the artist and the writer, designers, are all in a majority brown-eyed nation; so their biospirit is bleeding into the art without maleficence; and they're just 'ignorant'. Always the escape for a maleficent one; but excusing it as ignorance is unjust and should not preclude investigation of maleficence.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 2:51 am

Jarno wrote:
Also a lot of animes have this humour where the female characters "beat-up"/punch the male characters, I just don't like to see same archetypes over and over. These female characters never show any respect towards the male characters no matter who they are.
I know what you mean and I don't like that either, the thing is, in that anime the woman is (understandably to an extent) outraged about the heroes behaviour and starts yapping which often ends up with the hero dismissing her either verbally or physically. It's comedic in part because such behaviour from the hero is surprising these days.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 12:03 pm

I don't really care to watch this show, but I like these clips of Escanor, his like a manifestation of European nobility (or an oldschool gentleman), man of his words and fair, too bad it's only expressed in a Japanese animation. Every other character has stupid looking hair and hair color. I don't even care for his backstory for the show, I just like how his represented in these specific clips.
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Jarno wrote:
I don't really care to watch this show, but I like these clips of Escanor, his like a manifestation of European nobility (or an oldschool gentleman), man of his words and fair, too bad it's only expressed in a Japanese animation. Every other character has stupid looking hair and hair color. I don't even care for his backstory for the show, I just like how his represented in these specific clips.

Funny enough, I remember mentioning this show to the Old Goat, with regards to the 2 most powerful characters, each representing the sin of Pride and Wrath respectively.

This show portrays Pride being the strongest, even if its only for a short time, while Wrath is generally stronger.

A similar metaphor is shown in the game "Asura's Wrath", where the final boss the "creator" is representation of Pride, who dominates the battle during the first half, and then gradually loses to Asura in the end...

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 pm

A successful parasite can take over the host's will - from the inside, the esoteric.
Philosophically speaking, the parasite dominates the metaphysics upon which the host's understanding of the physical, the tangible, rests.

See meme-parasite.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:25 am

These two imbeciles are infested by the virus but they are still males, so they cannot stand the substitution of consistency with emotional content, because males, even in fantasy, need consistency; they need their won delusions to remain true to their original; core presumption.
One of them is doubly annoying because of his giggling. Why the FUCK are you laughing every two minutes, you moron?

Anyway....
These two fucks offer a critique, but they remain confused. They think its 'bad writing' and unintentional....because they are brainwashed.
Discovery is written to reinforce the propagandas, for the average person, and not to appeal to above-average nerds.

It hits all the talking points - Nazis - check.....feminism, check.....homos, check.
Then they write some crap around these repeating themes.
they will rewrite everything produced in the last fifty years, to erase it form memory.
Nobody will remember the sexism and covert racism of the original fifties Star Trek. The memory will be supplanted by the rewrite.
Like they are rewriting history to accommodate post-modern lies.

The inconsistencies, these fucks are laughing about, do not matter. The mediocre mind only ants action, emotion, sex...explosions, drama, with a feel-good happy ending - a positive resolution, in the end.
They don't give a shit if it is consistent to its own premises; if it remains true to its own 'logic', even if its 'logic' is illogical. That's a male thing. Females and emasculated douche-bags do not give a shit about such details. They want to be soothed, comforted, pleasured - they call it entertainment - and if you can manage to also reinforce the prevailing American propaganda to their open and willing psyche, all the better.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 11:45 am

I haven't watched the review but going by the comments they think it was the jocks who took over Star Trek.
This is about as narrow of a world-experience as the boomer calling every authoritarian action by their modern democrazy to be the Nazis machinations.
Well, that's the only baddies I know who I can speak (and probably even only think) negatively about so it must be da Nazis, of course.

No I'm not a nerd retard, it was the jocks who destroyed Star Trek, it's always those jocks. A nerd retard with a social understanding still stuck in the 80s as a 12 year old at the time.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 9:08 am

Target audience are not females who have been rejected by males...but omega-males, seeking retribution for not being able to compete.
The psychology behind Leftism's obsession with the novel, the strange, the other.

Pop-culture - a.k.a., Americanism - is about producing a flavour of the month - a nutrition-less, sugar-full, slush of diarrhoea, concealed by food colouring to get you into the restaurant.
This is culture-of-of-culture....culture so superficial and corrupted by ideological nonsense that the audience is left unsatisfied.....only to desire to consume some more of the same crap.  
Sugar-fix.....raises the need to consume, and to drown yourself in drink.

After decades of trial & error -s tarting with Bernays - they've perfected the recipe.
Human husbandry, i.e., 1984 - what not even Orwell could have imagined, because in his version Dystopia is drab and monochromatic - depressive, when, in fact, a happy cow is a productive one....so Americanism is rainbow bright, hopeful, for no reason, and happy, in the same way a dog is with a bouncing ball.
I've ever been a movie-watched - I don't watch movies at home either - but I sued to muster the interest to go out and see a film, once or twice a year.
Not any-more.
I can't even watch sit-comes, promising to annoy me for half an hour.
Haven't gone to a movie theatre in over two years....and I only fortress considering to do so when Dune comes out, or some version the The Matrix.....but I'll probably change my mind if I watch reviews or trailers.
Interestingly both would be remakes....and what does that tell us?
I even tried to watch the SuperBowl half-time show, but I could not make it 'til the end...and I tried to uphold my yearly tradition of watching the Oscars, to make fun of people who are richer and more attractive than myself, but I could not even make it through the opening musical act...if music it was.

But I did notice that Negroes are now unofficially and predictably becoming America's entertainment class - from Hollywood to the NBA, and from cRAP to all forms of primal fART - offering the quality one would expect.
America's jesters and clowns, helping the chosen elites distract their minds from debauchery and the headaches of capitalist competition.
I don't think I would have needed both hands to count the number of Caucasian males on the show - or what look like they may be uncircumcised or of mixed heritage.
Looking at the performs one would think that the US was positioned somewhere in Africa, or that its population was 70% of African heritage....and they were complaining about to maintain the victim-identity that got them that far.

I wonder how many male superstars Weinstein raped, or received ...favours from to launch his career.
Who would admit it?

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies - short reviews, recommendations, opinions, discussions...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next