Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Is reason the slave of the passions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Sorry babe, there was nothing funny about that....in the least ;[
Maybe you'll improve your skills someday.

Satyr says intelligence leads to passion directed or denied.

phone-sex says funny like so:

that's down, does it go up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Say phone, are you a blonde?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Somewhat desirable boys there, dressed really spiffy with long hair, waiting for girls they can shove it right in!
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

You'll have to forgive phoneutria, she's a veteran of the spuriousmonkey crowd: a bunch of pseudo-intellectual douche-bags full of that modernistic aloofness, sitting around creating world-play and feigning the "above it all" coolness of urban youths.

Last edited by Satyr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

This is pretty humorous...and more relevant.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 am

My pseudo intellectual crows can kick your pseudo intellectual crowd square in the ass.
Emphasys on square.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:38 am

Poison IV wrote:
Sorry babe, there was nothing funny about that....in the least ;[
Maybe you'll improve your skills someday.

Satyr says intelligence leads to passion directed or denied.

phone-sex says funny like so:

that's down, does it go up?

aw, do you need the joke explained?
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:34 am

phoneutria wrote:
My pseudo intellectual crows can kick your pseudo intellectual crowd square in the ass.
Emphasys on square.
Hey look, more words.

I can fly, you know.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 am

Here's an added advantage to being short and full of innuendo.

It offers you an added layer of deniabilty; a defensive wall.

So when phoneutria implies things, in the feminine way of hers, she retains the ability to deny what the meaning was.
Take the joke for an example.

No doubt in her mind it all makes sense but if she were to express herself fully and succinctly and honestly, rather than ambiguously and with short mind-farts, she risks being called on it; she risks being exposed as a moron.

To use innuendo is to be able to deny that your stupidity was what you actually meant to say.
No matter how simple you are you can tell yourself and more importantly, you can accuse the other of misunderstanding; you can claim that you never said so and that's not what you meant when you are caught in a contradiction or a logical fallacy or an obvious stupidity; the blame is, once more, placed upon the other.

Last edited by Satyr on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 am

I like giving you the opportunity to be creative, toots.
Even though you throw it away every single time.
I give you two meanings, and I know which you will pick.
I know exactly what to expect from you. It does not impress me Smile
But I can hope, oh yes, I can.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

It's boring, sweets.

I cannot create with a brain-dead muse.

I will always pick the most common, tuts.
I'm efficient. I always assume the negative first.
You are retarded until proven otherwise. It saves me the trouble.

Until now, you've remained true to the common....like that shit about eyes and mouth sensations.
Very typical, very average, very stupid.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 am

And this is why I love these interactive forums of real-time communication.
A kaleidoscope of personalities exposing themselves when they are trying to pretend that they are otherwise; a cornucopia of social and psychological behavior.

What did I post before?
Satyr wrote:
Here's an added advantage to being short and full of innuendo.

It offers you an added layer of deniabilty; a defensive wall.

So when phoneutria implies things, in the feminine way of hers, she retains the ability to deny what the meaning was.
Take the joke for an example.

No doubt in her mind it all makes sense but if she were to express herself fully and succinctly and honestly, rather than ambiguously and with short mind-farts, she risks being called on it; she risks being exposed as a moron.

To use innuendo is to be able to deny that your stupidity was what you actually meant to say.
No matter how simple you are you can tell yourself and more importantly, you can accuse the other of misunderstanding; you can claim that you never said so and that's not what you meant when you are caught in a contradiction or a logical fallacy or an obvious stupidity; the blame is, once more, placed upon the other.

Now notice her reply.
phoneutria wrote:
I like giving you the opportunity to be creative, toots.
The feminine cuteness aside, notice how she regains the upper-hand by being the offering one.
Here she sets herself up as the controlling entity. In her mind it is all going according to plan, or, as expected.
Also, her feminine desire to be the muse; the instigator that brings forth something of value from another, because she cannot do so on her own.
She seeks a metaphorical sperm donation to gestate; to give birth to something new and wonderful.
She is the conduit, the means.

phoneutria wrote:
Even though you throw it away every single time.
Here there is an element of not being appreciated...tinged with an air of indifference.
This is typical of female thinking. She has the "goods"; her vagina and eggs are the prize.
It's a test...give the password and her gates open wide to let you into the inner chamber, the secret garden, where the gold is kept.

The male must prove himself worthy...the women is a passive element that simply judges and offers the opportunity.
The filter...mimetic or genetic.
Her wisdom is that of judge and jury. Can you convince her?
She has no clue about the ideas but she senses their validity, their power on an subconscious level.
That's why she cannot define not explain nor offer anything other than innuendo...a sensation, a feeling, an insinuation.

phoneutria wrote:
I give you two meanings, and I know which you will pick.
Here the dualism is clear.

There are two choices; two doors; two possibilities: enter or do not...be included or stay outside in the cold. We find a similar choice in the feminine dogma of Christianity: God or Satan...Heaven or Hell.
Act appropriately, prove yourself worthy, love the God, and you can enter through the gates. Choose wrongly, behave inappropriately and you are cast upon the pits of hell.
It's an either/or scenario pretending to be talking about free-will when the only reasonable answer is one.
One IS the only healthy, rational, normal, answer....and it is your fault if you make the mistake...oneness.
Inclusion=unity, wholeness, completion, eternity.
Exclusion= madness, solitude, death.

The female is the judge...she decides what it means to be male, and she does so in accordance to current, modern, standards. She is its tool, a mimetic filter.
She has the measurements, the ideals, the feelings...though she cannot define or explain them. Her obtuseness and ignorance makes her impartial, for she is simply a systemic tool.
The institution controls (rewards and punishes) through her.

phoneutria wrote:
I know exactly what to expect from you. It does not impress me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
We see the previous more clearly here.
The goal here is to "impress" her; to be extraordinary, to tell her something she's never heard before so as to offer her the opportunity to flex her sexual muscle.

phoneutria wrote:
But I can hope, oh yes, I can.
Here we notice her role as gatekeeper. She is an impartial judge, the key-master.
Her Judeo-Christian impartiality is expressed though her hope that all can and should enter the gates of heaven. It's not her fault if you choose wrongly, she still waits for you to prove yourself, as being ideal.
she's rooting for ya.
She has no clue but she implies that she knows more because she waits for you to come to your senses. The choice is one, she knows it, but she fears that you do not know what the only rational, the only healthy, choice is.

This scenario is a typical Judeo-Christian one. But it is also a common theme amongst all monist dogmas.
The only path is one...can you find yourself towards it? Then eternity, salvation, awaits. Become lost, or refuse it, and you are cast adrift, again into the turmoil of incessant actions...pain, suffering, need.

The bait here is also the satiation of a need...a desire, an existential ache.
Choose rightly and you get to fulfill it....you are made worthy of eternity. Reproducing is a form of extending life....extending possibilities.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 am

Well she's certainly very sure of herself, I give her props :]
Wink an eye and tell her you don't 'get it' and she shows no mercy.
She is a woman of wit and charm.
Ridden with that hidden.
She's in-the-know.

Last edited by Poison IV on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 am

Poison IV wrote:
Well she's certainly very sure of herself, I give her props :]
Not totally.
Her confidence is more a product of being successful, using these tactics, with other males...in her immediate environment.

I recall once going to a forum and posting some very racist remarks.
At first some expressed this joy that I had come. It was a confidence, bred through their experiences with other "racists". They relished the opportunity to "destroy" me, shame me, put me in my place and degrade me, as an example to be avoided; exposing the hypothetical superficiality and hatred in my views.
They, pretty much, imagined me as being a common skin-head. they considered me a typical redneck, like the ones they had dealt with many times before.
In their minds whomever held onto such ideas must be ill or an ignoramus or or stupid or uneducated.
They got all excited.

It took one week and I was banned.
The most excited one, the one who actually bragged to his mates that he would cut me to pieces, the most fervent one, was the one who went bitching to the administrator after he could not handle my retorts.
I didn't even insult him, wanting to stay there longer.

He just thought I would be easier to handle and when he began realizing that the one being exposed as being a stupid fuck was he he had to save face.

We see the same process here, only with a difference. The other liberal turd was male, this one is female and she's using feminine methods.
But you can see how she's establishing an exit plan.
In her tiny mind she's trolling...or she's manipulating....she's in control.

When she's disappointed by the responses or when they do not play into this narrative she'll claim boredom or that she tried, or something like that, and cut her losses.

To return the thread to the topic: we witness here how the mind is enslaved by the passions.
The passions lead there or here, and when you cannot resist their direction, you rationalize it.
instead of analyzing and then directing the passions, you emote and then rationalize the direction this emoting takes you toward.

For example, a liberal twat will claim to be all about spirit and talk about how looks are superficial and how she wants a "real man" or a funny, kind, smart man, and then you'll find her cavorting with an imbecile...because he's good looking.
If you ask her, she'll ell you that he's smart and funny and charming...or that's there's chemistry.

The tall, good looking dufus might be the antithesis of all she claimed to be looking for and interested in, but she'll rationalize it away.
Chemistry is, of course, the last recourse. It takes the blame out of her hands.
She's admitting to be helpless to the mystique of unseen forces making her contradict herself.
In other words she's a victim of the very things she denies as being valuable or as being important to her.

This is a form of schizophrenia.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 am

I see it. I lack it.
Logic and genuine inquiry are foundations for my often bland, but honest interest.
phoneutria has not shown any personal drive for learning, only hints of revealing secrets- alluding to her prior knowledge showing no effort in real debate or expressing her opinions.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:57 am

Poison IV wrote:
I see it. I lack it.
Logic and genuine inquiry are foundations for my often bland, but honest interest.
phoneutria has not shown any personal drive for learning, only hints of revealing secrets- alluding to her prior knowledge showing no effort in real debate or expressing her opinions.
Her interest, and this is the only reason she's interesting as a sociological phenomenon, is to dominate or to imply her dominance.

Towards the females its a reminder that no matter what is said she still stands above them; she's the catch....her ice cream brings all the boys to the yard.

Towards the males it takes on the form of "you can have this, if you try" or "you could have had this, this better pussy, if you were more aware" or "look what you have to settle for; you can't have this".

The reason why she cannot and will not say anything directly or without clouds of innuendo is because she has nothing to say. For her it's all emotional...and what definitions and explanations she does have come directly from the system...the Judeo-Christian/Humanist/Liberal environment she was raise din and she prefers to exist within.
She comes here to taunt...this is her sense of superiority...this is what she tells herself, at least. She has no vested interest because for her the truth is already established.
She lives in reality and she is the very representation of it; she is the gate-keeper. There she is valuable, why would she opt for someplace where she has to rpove her value, or re-establish it?

Part of her is fascinated, a bit skeptical, but her defensiveness wins out when she's corned.

She comes here thinking: "Claim me"...."convince me"..."seduce me"..."if not I'll mock you because this means you are a loser."
Sex takes the central place, once more. It has nothing to do with reality or perceiving...it's all about fucking (mind-fucking) and consuming and attaining resources....being normal and popular.
She feels like her vagina is her ace up her sleeve. It's her pride and joy.
She already knows it's worth it because men have been telling her so all her life.

Whomever denies this is a loser or compensating or too much of a coward to try.
She can't explain it in any other way. It confuses her. The reason why her sexual appeal is worthless must be referred back to sex itself.

Fascinating dynamic.
Typical...common....but not always so directly expressed.
Only on the internets.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 pm

I heard they're talking about me here.
Ohh, they are!
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:47 pm

No, sweets, not you per se...you as an example of a type.
We need specimens to study...you'll have to do.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Dear oh dear, you tracked your rejection complex all over the carpet!
Now who is going to clean this up...
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Mommy?

Shit girl, tell me about my small dick.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm not analysing you, you're analysing me.
You can't help reflecting you living experience on your view of me, though, and that's what reeks of rejection so bad.
I don't look down on you for it. No, the great satyr is not immune to the subjectiveness of life.

But it's a good show. I hope there's a season two.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Me lady, you have me at a disadvantage, for you are by nature a keen eye, able to see through pretense and lies, whereas I have had to teach my self this fine art of human reading.

Projection is indeed a mode of understanding, but not all project from a personal experience because not all require to hit their thumb with a hammer to learn not to swing it so heavily and carelessly.

Nevertheless, who am I to tell you that your senses fool you?
Let us assume that you are correct and then try to figure out how this discounts anything I've said or how this makes you anything but a simple wench.

Until then the idea of my pain should suffice to keep you entertained and warmed by its vengeance.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Actually, this has been a riveting couple of days, I've tried to get away from this site, but I find myself falling back in.

regardless of where the passions come from, love/hate/hope/fear, they do come from our immediate needs, 4 fs, nonetheless they still have inherent value for us, we aren't survival robots, we're passionate creatures, though some have attained a greater degree of rationality. now, please address what i'm saying here, and not some fucking archetype, no one always does what's in their survival interest. the question is, is it rational to do what is ones survival interests? can reason prescribe, or can it only describe the world?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

for example, the need for adventure may ultimately have it's origin in survival, but some are born with a disprportionate need for it, in terems of what's in their survival interests, nonetheless they don't care, even when realizing this fact, that their instinct isn't contributing to their survival, they will still jump out of an airplane, or climb mount everest, or smoke crack.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm

And the passions are a method of circumventing the survival instinct.
One becomes addicted to the chemicals his own body produces.

But do not fret, little girl, it all happens spontaneously, out of the blue, through some kind of mystical process unconnected to anything earthly and base like living or the desire to keep on living.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

i don't think reason can prescribe anything, i've entertained it in my head, reason just describes what is, so ultimately reasons job is to tell us what is, and then our emotions respond to it automatically, like hume suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm

no man has only done what's in his survival interests, to do so would be to try and acquire a harem and fuck as many women as possible and seed them, but few men do this, and the men that do this may only be to satisfy their lusts, or it may be partially to satisfy their lusts and to father children.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Then reason is how man tries to overcome himself, dear woman.
Reason is how man tries to be more than a common animal....not to deny himself but to gain control over himself...over his passions.

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

survival is also a passion, will to live is one of many wills
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 pm

you're only surviving because you're following your passions, fear of certain things, where is your harem, why aren't youf ucking girls left and right? that is because we are not survival mechanisms, these emotions and passions and instincts happened to evolve because they tend to lead to survival, but even when they don't, we still follow them to an extent, and try to satisfy them as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is reason the slave of the passions? Is reason the slave of the passions? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is reason the slave of the passions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next