Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Stalagmites

Things to Watch - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:11 am

I'd be interested to know what members on KTS think of this, at the very least, the points of conflict (concentrated toward the end).
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:44 am

Typical Jew-Christian.

The ego is what gives the illusion of God.

The fact that all the organs, and every cell in each organ, is transmitting data to the brain constantly, each with its own pains, fatigue, need for energy, is what constructs the personality, as the internal hierarchy of organs within the organism.
This personality, psyche, then engages world as actor, as character.

Needs are constant as when one is satiated another takes its place, the brain being an organ evolved to deal with needs, before they rise to the level of suffering/pain, which would demand the brain's attentions to the point where the brain cannot focus on anything but this need/suffering.

Pleasure, of course, being the gradual or immediate gratification of need, experienced either as an easy contentment or a sudden orgasm.

Because as I've explained, abstractions need not be integrated into a cohesive whole, in lower organisms, the slow emergence of self-consciousness is experienced as an external will - Bicameral Mind.
This is the God delusion.

The mind/body still not having been integrated into a sense of self...where self and consciousness seem separate - as if the mind were other than the body.

Will is an agency of brain which focuses the aggregate energies, the organism, on an objective....primarily an objective which promises to satisfy a need.
Appreciating if and how much the objective can satisfy a need is what we call value-judging.

To focus the organism, using the Will, the objective is discriminated away from the surrounding patterns.
Consciousness IS discrimination...and so any ideology proposing an end to discrimination is really advocating a reduction of consciousness.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 4:00 pm

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:35 pm

My thoughts exactly, never understood the pretentiousness for the ''respect'' to elderly and to think about their ''rights'' - when you see a young not so bright mind, you realize that it most likely grows old like that too.

And struck thy sword to my heart."

2. "The Noble Hart | my name, and I go
A motherless man abroad;
Father I had not, | as others have,
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/u/0/109705167311303906720/posts
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 pm

OhFortunae wrote:

My thoughts exactly, never understood the pretentiousness for the ''respect'' to elderly and to think about their ''rights'' - when you see a young not so bright mind, you realize that it most likely grows old like that too.

I used to be very respectful to the elderly due to them having more experience on certain things,
but nowdays it really depends on a person.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 9:45 am

Such Noble intentions we should not expect from 'our' elderly people (really, those baby booming ever want to live hippy hedonists..) - after all, they were the fundament of approval for the situation we are in now. They want the economy to last forever as they want their lives, filthy diaper cowards soon to be washed by foreign hands.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:24 pm

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 8:33 am

OhFortunae wrote:
Such Noble intentions we should not expect from 'our' elderly people (really, those baby booming ever want to live hippy hedonists..) - after all, they were the fundament of approval for the situation we are in now. They want the economy to last forever as they want their lives, filthy diaper cowards soon to be washed by foreign hands.
They want eternal life and economy as life filled with shallow pleasures is the utlimate goal of their existances, they did nothing to try to grasp the seriousnessnes of the monumental changes occuring in the West during their youth and instead degenerated into a pathetic pseudo-culture, spitting their great grandfathers and children in the face - now they want you to treat them with respect because they have aged.
flower
Back to top Go down
Cold Weasel

Cold Weasel

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:23 am

mannequin

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:29 pm

14 year old stands up for his rights and informed choice to live with his Dad

Things start around the 3min mark...interesting to watch how it all plays out..
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:23 pm

These (parental) ''rights'' lower everybody to the value of cows, that is the value of equal rights; farm animals with some favoured cattle who are more equal than others. She objectifies her child as an object, threatens to use force, lies about how he loves her while he denies in her face, does not recognize any sign of resistance; luckily the police were on the side of the child - how can they tell a child he has no ''right'', no capable judgment to choose between 'good', desired, safe environment / parent and 'bad', discomforting evironment / parent.

Reminds me of all the trouble I went through with 'Jeugdzorg' (Youth Care), a corrupt, cancerous government institution of the Netherlands who thought they had an superior judgement and ''right'' to take me away from my parent(s); many video's online with their failings, and it outweighs any good action they may have made. One thing is for sure; ANY woman as ''teacher'' in ''official'' schools, any female ''psychologist'' - should be banned from doing so and possibly decapitated if they already are. Horrible people for such positions.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 9:40 pm

White boy has his ass handed to him by a black guy keepin'it'real...

This is what philosophy is about.
Nice hats, t-shirts, a rap to impress the bystanders, the audience, and with it decide who is alpha, who is the 1%.

If you can't beat them, join them.
Let the majority, with hoots and hollers, decide what and who is winner.
The rest can go to hell.

Peace...

mannequin

mannequin

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Adam Levine's secret admirer ..

Awkwardly enough, Adam Levine's potential girlfriend no longer interested in him .. Wink

Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Satyr wrote:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sfccqCSNaiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

White boy has his ass handed to him by a black guy keepin'it'real...

This is what philosophy is about.
Nice hats, t-shirts, a rap to impress the bystanders, the audience, and with it decide who is alpha, who is the 1%.

If you can't beat them, join them.
Let the majority, with hoots and hollers, decide what and who is winner.
The rest can go to hell.

Peace...

I could barely watch / listen to that meth-crack-skinny-ass-wigger; too fake, to nigger-like - at least the nigger fits with his niggulture and his emotions attached to false statistics (most child molesters in USA are niggers and paleo-mongoloid flat noses).
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:01 pm

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:21 pm

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:12 am

He mentions something he is working on, towards the end, called "Zombology".
Haven't I already done this?

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:13 am

The interviews giggles every time he offers a personal opinion, which is nerve wracking, but other than that, he makes excellent YouTube interview based analytical vids.
I think he is also the one who posted interviews of Jonathan Bowden, who I love listening to.

I loved the Mad Max world, the moment I first laid eyes on it.
I had, even, tried to write a Dystopic novel, similar to the Mad Max world, inspired by the themes, but I am notoriously not able to focus, for long, on one topic - my mind wanders and I go off on another tangent.
It is why I prefer to write in an aphoristic style, often repeating the same insights, on my way towards covering all the possible bases.  

The way I had conceptualized my alternate Dystopia was one where only 1% of today's population survived some neurological dis-ease, one of its effects being the reduction of the ill to a state of base wild animals, animated corpses - a Zombie like idea, but the zombies are quickly exterminated, leaving pockets of them, here and there, but not to a level where they become the focus of the story.
Then I would place the survivors into colonies, separated form one another, to allow them to evolve towards different philosophical-political and even genetic direction.
I thought this would give me the perfect background to explore different philosophies, spiritualities, and political views.
Every colony would be characterized by a different philosophy - one would be Nieatzchean, another Jesus based, another Marxist....and so on. A world where the ideology would be unhindered by competing ideals and taken to its own logic's end. The individuals in each would be the representation of the ideology's the dogma's idea(l).
The hero would be part of a group, a pack, that come into contact with each group, allowing the story to delve into the different metaphysics.
The only way I could explain how this would be possible in a post-apocalyptic world where technologies are like magic, rare and dominating, is to place them in a boat.
I thought a submarine would allow for access to most of the world's regions.
A band of pirates/explorers.
Violence, sex, war, would all be part of the tale.  

Anyway....the Max character is a kind of noble warrior.
Selfish, and still able to help those he feels deserve his help against monstrosities, human filth.

Zarathustra coming down the mountain not to spread his message, but his punishment, his justice.

Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:33 am

I confess, it's always been a fantasy of mine that I live to see the day when there is a complete breakdown of world order.. that post apocalyptic anarchist state. Ever since I saw red dawn in the eighties, that's what I've wanted.. something like that. You ought to meet anarcho-Nick sometime. Nicks the kind of dude who would build an underground bunker in his backyard. Hes going to be that old guy still talking about global financial collapse when he's ninety. If you had a rebel group called the wolverines and were surviving a Chinese invasion, anarcho Nick would be an indispensable part of the group.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:01 am

Satyr wrote:

I loved the Mad Max world, the moment I first laid eyes on it.
I had, even, tried to write a Dystopic novel, similar to the Mad Max world, inspired by the themes, but I am notoriously not able to focus, for long, on one topic - my mind wanders and I go off on another tangent.
It is why I prefer to write in an aphoristic style, often repeating the same insights, on my way towards covering all the possible bases.  

You might enjoy A Boy and His Dog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By no means is the boy any noble warrior - he is a young buck, surviving in a similar Dystopia. The first 2/3rds are slightly predictable, so slow, but the last 3rd the plot and locations become more interesting where it's easy to find examples of degeneracy, sheltering, nihilism, etc.

A video game RPG series about a post-apocalyptic world called Fallout ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) was inspired by the above movie. I adored the theme of Fallout, being 50's futuristic. A world where microchips weren't invented yet but there are still robots and computer technology using refined old, bulkier, methods of computation. You roam a wasteland discovering destroyed monuments and relics, scavenging and surviving against mutated beasts. And true to its inspiration, a dog companion:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Slaughtz, you might also like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game series then. It only has basic RPG elements (open-world and quests) and lacks character development, skills, etc. so it's more of a survival horror FPS. Very interesting story and lore.

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:26 pm

METRO 2033 has something alike your potential story Satyr, interesting maybe to read into.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:27 am

Speaking of games, I doubt here are many "gamers" and I don't want to promote gaming except for a story and characters (though RPG's are fun with D&D like attack/defensive/save rolls).

This guy really knows what made baldur's gate's dialogue good, 2:13 forward.

New games have unlimited graphics and possibilites, yet they can't make VIVID and memorable characters or write/tell a story and dialogue, it matters which companions you choose to your party and which dialogue option you choose to say affects the end game and your relation to the characters. They either get along or are on each others throats if the verbal abuse goes on for too long. The dialogue is not just read, it is acted, and it has a rhythm which makes it often sound poetric. Unique dialogue for a game. 4:39 "Spellchucker", funny.
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 am

It starts to look really pathetic how the U.S. can not represent and strenght and decisiveness; I can only imagine the messy ''meetings'' by those who rule behind the curtains - just look at their weakness manifested in any person in a leading position. Not specifically this video, but the cumalative of articles, video's, people's behaviour; just like that pure blooded Bantu general who did not had any marked trait of leading abilities nor even thoughfulness to consider what will happen in the future regardless of politics and military, pure selection out of politcal correctness eating away their reliabiliy, this negro general who had to explain that the U.S. won't be training ''moderate rebels'' anymore and admitted 3 OR 4 (they do not even know) had been trained so far; then keeping in mind how they humiliate their own power by making their marines parade on high heels, the insecurity of any high ranked person showing up in public, the hypocrisy and patheticness of Obamgroid, the liberal campus safe havens for degenerates, their politics to want to mix Europa; I can tell one thing with some security in heart, in 2 years Europa will be conflicted badly with all those third world genetic filth pouring in and the growing hatred towards America and the people's recognition of Putin's leadership; though a cognitive dissonance for the masses bought so much into the ziomerican crap we have been fed that in the one hand we want to get rid of America and on the other hand preserve their ways of living and thinking - luckily Europa is our roots and many will fight till the trees collapse but the seeds of the very near conflicts will spread once the colonists of the NWO are to be fought. Luckily we have these kind of sick idiots to throw off our degeneracy from our shoulders we had been passed on from ''our'' elderly (may they rot in the mess they allowed and pariticipated); if they would have been culturally and / or behaviourally more similar, absorption might have continued, like with the [''Xtian''] negroes and their tool-representation images to ''live the good Western life'', hedonism, machoism, materialism, sexual degeneracy etc. Now, in such a rapid speed, with such contrasting peoples in all cultural elements, with our awareness of the wars we had to keep them out, with the East Europeans ready to pour into the West and fight their share for the sake of the Western survival as a whole Europa; bloody rivers are awaiting us.

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
OhFortunae

OhFortunae

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 7:08 pm

A motherless man abroad;
And lonely ever I live."
Back to top Go down
mannequin

mannequin

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
mannequin

mannequin

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm

Interesting commentary..worth a listen..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Solution to this evermore inclined line of reasoning? Maybe memetic selection of conscious self-identification with selfish gene, half truths in that it is quasi you & quasi immortal.

Last edited by There Will Be Blood on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:26 pm

These stories are really addicting, excellent programming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next