Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Anfang

Anfang

Things to Watch - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 10:04 pm

"SJW" mindset doesn't correlate only with 'feminine behaviors', it correlates with being biologically female. Being 'effeminate male' or 'masculine female' doesn't affect whether or not one has the "SJW" mindset.
0:55-1:30
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 9:30 pm

This is where you have to be impressed by Peterson.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 6:31 am

Imagine a conservative, by Modern standards, also being creative and artistic.

Peterson is valuable because he is one of the few minds with social status and credentials, that speaks openly and honestly.
How long will he last?

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 pm

What tends to pain me about him is his potential capacity i see in him to bow down completely, if he ever had to, to some punishment handed down by some modern ideological liberal tyrant, like Galileo did before the Catholic Church. Notice, as an example of this, his very subtle concession to that dunce speaker that introduced him, standing aside politely as he interjected with his dull sentiments about the goodness of diversity attributed to immigrants. That was the only tainted part of the video.

I would also ask, what will become of him? We can only appreciate what he offers for now.

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 4:08 am

Don't agree with the idea that (((cultural marxists))) have taken on Nietzsche's "transvaluation" of all morality. They use the prevalent ideals and apply them in ways which weaken and destroy contemporary society.

I'm not even sure that the ('Christian') values themselves are entirely to blame for this. I think they could take any ideal and bend, reinterpret and apply it in ways to weaken and destroy a society.

You have to guard your ideas, which comes down to guarding your society against those who are not fit for your group's ethos. Exiling and eugenics.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 4:29 am

Our genes are not an exception to being representatives of those 'higher principles'. Beauty isn't subjective. Some races represent it better.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 4:52 am

Slaughtz wrote:
Our genes are not an exception to being representatives of those 'higher principles'. Beauty isn't subjective. Some races represent it better.

Beauty isn't subjective.
I can deem a lion to be more beautiful than an other lion based on the health and beauty of lions.
But beauty is not about approaching one final organism.
Though beneath this, there is a shared physical reality and within it there are shared principles of beauty.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 am

Anfang wrote:

I'm not even sure that the ('Christian') values themselves are entirely to blame for this. I think they could take any ideal and bend, reinterpret and apply it in ways to weaken and destroy a society.

What makes a people's ethos vulnerable to the vultures is dishonesty.
Not affirming the darker aspects. This is where they sink in their hooks to metaphorically blackmail you into doing things and thinking things.
Back to top Go down
novice

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 8:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 11:19 pm

History channel is at it again. Never watched vikings, but I'll try to watch this and see how they spun it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:31 pm

interesting example of 'journalism', always referring back to catchphrases and common massages that have already been imprinted to reinforce them and try to desperately paint what is neither black and white for the audience not to start thinking by guiding them through a dialogue with Zizek by leading it intelligently but rather use it as state propaganda to a point its painfully obvious
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Yes.
The repetition reinforces the words association with specific emotions, images, ideas, until the masses cannot use the word without triggering these emotions, images and ideas.
Word becomes intertwined with a cultivated reaction.

I once used autopoiesis in a context that conflicted with the conclusions Mutarana and Varela had reached using the same term, and I was called on this.
The reader had come in contact with the term in their book so had associated the word with their thesis to such an extent that he could not use the word without accepting their usage and conclusions.
This is a form of imprinting, similar to how chicks imprint with the first life form they see when they break out of their egg.

Other words would be Ego, now associated with Freud for a large segment of the western population, or Will now forever linked with how Nietzsche used the term, or his usage of Dionysian and Apollonian.

This is why post-modernism had to change its title, though it was the continuance of Marxism, and it is why some now try to reinvent Christianity by changing the words associated with this ancient dogma, and integrating, ironically, Nietzschean terminology trying to associate this new version of Abrahamism with him, in the same way Judaism morphed into Christianity by selectively adopting Hellenic concepts and imagery.  
Christian tradition is the integration of Pagan rituals and idols into their anti-nature dogma.
Blasphemy.
Sheeple wearing wolf skins and pretending to be wild and strong.

The power of words is incredible.
It is the only power Nihilism has.
It is useless, meaningless, valueless, without symbols/words - language is the extent and the limit of its effect.
It tries to expands its range of effect by infecting as many minds as possible, and by redefining world in anthropomorphic terms, to imply that their language magic can affect stones, or lifeless nature.
Detaching words from their external phenomenal references, extends their theoretical range of effect.
They are no longer restricted by natural order, or anything perceptible and testable, and observable, but can hide in esoteric psychological domains where the Will is sovereign.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Another Greek academic that adds to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
They associate geological and climatic events, with mythology.

He associates a mountain in Crete with Zeus. The mountain has the shape of a human face and torso, when one sees it from the sea.
He uses the ring of King Minoa, as an indication of the mountains sacred symbolism.
On it are depicted three triads - three temples, three gods (land/sea/air), three stones, land masses, mountains, representing the three sacred cliffs of Crete.
The triad dominates and is a Minoan sacred number, along with the number one.
Adopted by the Christians, later on - three as one.
I consider it a sacred symbol myself...and have adopted it as my own.
Tria/Epsilon, engraved in Delphi.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Three also part of Plato's depiction of psyche...and the mind/nervous system/body unity.

There was a crevice with a sacred cave, right at the center of the face's forehead...where Indians place their red dot.
He claims Plato traveled there, no his way to Egypt, and Pythagoras inscribed something there.

It's modern name is Gioukta {Γιουκτα}, an erosion of ΙΥττοι, harbinger, caller...Zeus as the noise maker - thunder.

I know it's in Geek, but the imagery is fascinating.
The mountain was also called Trito...from where Athena, thrice-born, emerges from the head of Zeus....from this mountain.
he also claims this is the burial ground of Zeus...a holy place.

Why caves?
Because, according to him,. the earth vibrates - this comes close to my own theories on patterns and vibrations).....on the surface is higher than it is in caves where one does not have to suffer the solar radiation.
One enters the cave to lower his mental distractions, and fall into a deeper level few contemplation.
Delphi is built on a mountain, in a cave from within the priestess receives insight, from the depths...from inside herself.
Mountain becomes a sanctuary, where one ascends towards the divine.....Zoroaster comes down form the mountain to engage the people.

He claims that Plato was indoctrinated into the knowledge of Atlantis in Crete.

The epochs are divided along geological periods....titans representing the hot period on Earth, of great turmoil, the Rea and Kronos, a period of cooling down, where civilizations are swallowed up...as Kronos eats his children, before the Olympians free man, during the cold period, the Ice Age, when geological events decrease to a level permitting the development of civilizations.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 8:34 pm

I miss the flaming queen.
She made me laugh, and I loved when she gave it had to the feminists.

Drome

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 9:31 am

Trivium method and how language is being manipulated.

More on the Trivium Method [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Drome on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 am

Good find...

The manipulation of language is a topic that interests me. I see it as the root of nihilistic power, and how imbeciles can now exploit illiteracy and linguistic ineptness in the masses to sell philosophy, or ideology as a product that gratifies a primal desire or feeds an innate need, other than the desire to see the world as it is. 
Language as repackaging, recycling, detaching words from reality to then mix them, synthesizing absurdities, held together by emotion, by innuendo. 
Ideological products associated with a emotion, and using icons, idols to sell their wares to feeble nit-wits. 

Now they are altering words and presenting the same crap as new....or using words inappropriately to insinuate a concept into a synthesis with a concept it is a contradiction of. 

Off the top of my head the most typical example of this is 'love' and how Abrahamics adopted it, inappropriately defined it and insinuated it into a concept, god, to then link it with an positive feeling, that makes it mystical.
Pseudo-intellectual degenerates are now springing up everywhere suing language manipulation to reinvent old philosophies, or to merge incompatible philosophies, to produce nonsense. 

A theory's consistency is based on it remaining true to its presumptions.
My solution is to reconnect world to an objective standard, the world itself, which is indifferent, to all subjective, human ideas/ideologies. 
Using the same concept as before, love can now be connected to a observable phenomenon, which arises and continues independent from all human interpretations of it, and attitudes towards it. 
World, as patterns interactions is the order which limits human language. 
you can no longer use words inappropriately, or in whatever way you desire, to justify a conclusion, or to fabricated a self-referential, self-consistent, solipsistic dogma. 

Persuasion can also be achieved using illogical presuppositions, simply by speaking of things that please, or comfort, or invert a distressing, to the mind, world.
Illogical relative to a order found independently from mind, or as world. 
We say objects fall upwards is illogical based on how the world and our experiences of it, works, not because we prefer it.....but we can construct a self-referential logic that remains consistent, where objects fall upwards, by manipulating words, beginning with their detachment from world - so noumena, represented by symbols/words, detached from phenomena, can be given any meaning, as long as they remain loyal to the motive of communicating them - dictionary definitions.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Yew trees

Back to top Go down
Drome

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Sheepdog nomocracy with Bill Joslin. Every video with Bill J. I think is good to watch, but these fleshes out what he believes to be the secret to the West and our successes.

-Rule of Law (nomocracy)
-Don't impose cost(natural law)
-Freedom is maintained by Sovereignty (Sovereignty creates the condition for what we give the term 'liberty')
-Co-operation (symbiotic relationship) is good stewardship of resources (it requires reciprocity, does not allow for asymmetrical/detrimental costs) and will work perpetually whereas parasitism will deplete its host and predatory behavior will run out of prey.
-This demands full reciprocity - and all that comes with it...

There is lots of good stuff in there.

Last edited by Drome on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Good find.

I've only watched the first part but it sounds like what I've been saying about nonsensical usage of language - symbols/words.
Referring symbols to phenomena is placing them in the world, in the sensual domain, in a shared world, reality = bringing it 'down to earth'.
In contrast to how Moderns practice what they call "philosophy" or 'spirituality". Using symbols/words to detach from reality, in some internal private reality, others have to accept in trust, or be assimilated into, where specialized language has to be invented for this nonsensical alternate reality where natural order does not apply.
Non-Operational epistemology.
Necessity.
They even agree with me on Abrahamic law inverting natural law.
I've said that Abrahamism is spiritual nihilism, or nihilism as spiritual nonsense, inverting natural order by first disconnecting language from the real world where it served a function.

The idea that the esoteric is how the sovereign asserts his sovereignty by rebelling against natural order, which is, in fact, nihilistic.
Natural law replaced by abstracted la, God's Law...god's will, god's imposed authoritarian "love", turning vengeful if you spurn it.

Pagan gods were not esoteric...they were phenomena, natural forces, men could witness.
Even when they were representations of their dead ancestors, they were not some mystical internal thing, they were manifested in the individual himself/herself, because we all carry our parents in us, as memory - DNA.
So they prayed to their dead relatives, thinking of them, when they were seeking power from inside themselves, trying to find guidance, in primordial memories.
The father WAS the representation of his dead ancestors...paternalism was that.
One inherited entity from the father, and the mother was his means.
Matrilineal traditions inverted this, exposing their nihilism.
The ancient Greeks only refereed to males as giving both, because males passed on both body (genes) and mind (memes), whereas mothers passed on genes but not memes.
Women preserved and nurtured traditions males created, or males discovered in their often antagonistic relationship with nature.
Our relationship to world is one of resistance...to live means to be constantly affirming your self, in relation to otherness.
Males create identity and then women partake, and participate and accept it, contributing to it their nurturing, their preserving energies.

Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:12 am

He appears to be trying to create a new framework for truth/knowledge in order to get rid of the problem of parasites on the host society. He has experience with Doolittle's Propertarianism, and uses the term 'commons' very often to describe both a memetic and material environmental space.

I haven't been able to work out Bill's new criteria for knowledge so much, it seems like it's early work and he hasn't been able to flesh out many examples in order to make it accessible to someone who can't follow the concepts their circle uses often. From what I could gather/try to gather, it's a good attempt- but I wonder if we just need a new language or to adopt older or hybridize again.

The development of a language which is deception-free and anathema to all deceivers would be a powerful weapon. If he's on to some foundational work in that sphere, then I won't spare my amazement. Already academics use a vocabulary that leave some stupefied - having a high tier language untranslatable by parasites would spell their effective mortal deaths. We can see already a split dialectically in language where the Left is making demands that you utilize their frames or else you are 'hateful'. For an idea on what kind of framing I mean, or 'presupposing a frame', flip the political sides:

Calling an effeminate and mentally ill male "she" is agreeing to the frame that sex doesn't exist, etc.
Back to top Go down
apaosha
Daeva
apaosha

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 7:34 am

This guy did a response to that faggy playbook video. Worth checking out his channel.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 am

Slaughtz wrote:

He appears to be trying to create a new framework for truth/knowledge in order to get rid of the problem of parasites on the host society. He has experience with Doolittle's Propertarianism, and uses the term 'commons' very often to describe both a memetic and material environmental space.

Yes...which is what I've been talking about in all my language, symbol/word, posts.
I'm listening to the vid now...he mentions existence as what affects, which is what James on ILP says.
I use the term 'interaction', to incorporate both cause/effect into one dynamic concept.
The effecting is affected = interactivity.

He is also correctly exposing how language can be self-referential and appear to be saying something profound but be saying nothing.
To create a self-consistent "philosophy" is difficult but easier than it is to create it by also adhering to an external standard.
World imposes a rule, an order, your words, symbols, must abide by, if it is to be called philosophy at all, and not be fantasy, art, or an expression of private, subjective, psychology.
I have said ILP is a den of dim-wits, and crazies.
Philosophy is but a context, an excuse, for them to gather and share their private psychosis.
It's more about psychology than philosophy. But psychology is projected upon other so that each psychotic is convinced he is discussing something outside himself, when he or she is exposing his own psychology, his own esoteric, private psychosis, in relation to the world, which philosophy engages, and they simply ignore.
The world is a hindrance if it does not become a background to accentuate personal internal desires, needs, stresses.
This is true of all Moderns.
They are immersed in subjectivity. They want to be there, because there the objective world cannot trouble them, they hope.
Subjectivity is a closing off. It begins with an admission of universal weakness, and then becomes an excuse to justify any hypothesis using language, and feelings, preferences.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 pm

What they miss, towards the end when discussing kin selection, in relation to Hitler's motives, is the meme.
I've defined and described hos a nihilistic meme can threaten a genetic past, particularly when ti infects members of the same tribe, the same genetic lineage.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
A meme born of a genetic past, can be contradicted, to the level of extinction, by an external meme that acts like a virus, turning the genes against themselves, detaching consciousness form the world and turning it inward etc = memetic parasite.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 3:42 pm

The recent change in legal prosecution when it comes to knowingly infecting others with HIV in California is like a symbol for the disease pedlars. Be cool and become infected too.
There is something pathological about those who reject the disease, they say.

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Disease-o-phobics?!

Peterson explains it well.
It's not fear, its disgust.

Drome

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 2:34 am

Biohistory could be a great addition when examining how our societies work and the humans within them.

The idea: Human individuals, and groups, have epigenetic conditions which forms their behaviour.

Our environment, including our cultural environment have a very powerful effect throughout a human life beginning at the birth, at least, or going back even generations.

I believe this maps onto what is said around here and helps explain the varied behaviour of modern people as well as giving us a tool to look at the past.
Perhaps it can help us reverse what is going on today and allow us create the conditions  to keep us at our civlisations height forever.

Interview with Penman by Richard Storey.

More videos on the channel.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 am

Interesting thoughts in this video:
N64 was very weak if not for Mario and Zelda.
Phenotypic revolution, or a theory on how DNA emerged and the coming phenotypic revolution.
Muslims are better consumer drones than liberals -> checkmate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 29 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next