Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Noble Elitism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Noble Elitism - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Divergense wrote:
My apologies, I skipped over Billiard, I'll address him later when I have more stamina, I haven't ate any sugar today.

Quote :
I think I called you a Minarchist before.
Close, I'm more of an anarchist now than I am a minarchist. I equate government with organized crime/violence.

Why is it an extortion to pay for all the infrastructures you enjoy?

Tax in itself is not a crime, but with modern government, where it goes, and for whose and what ends it is made to recirculate back into society (if ever) is the crime.
That is a problem with present liberal system.

Technically, to the pagans, potlatch is an honour - contributing to the welfare of the space that nurtures you is a prestige, not robbery.

Quote :

Quote :
Libertarianism is only hedonism become politics.

Or is it asceticism become politics?

Answering that would be a re-run of the recent thread with Mo.

Interesting dissertation;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Wouldn't a glutton try to murder, rape or enslave as many people as he could? An ascetic knows when enough is enough.

Minimization of pain for a pleasurable, secure life in itself is defini-tively hedonism - which includes epicureanism, Xt. asceticism, etc.

Noble Acseticism is about building endurance to face the paths of max. resistance.
NE. would employ any of it only as a means, not an ends in itself.

Quote :
A decadent would want to conquer the whole world, via capitalism or warfare, to try to satiate his insatiable appetite for wealth and power, fame and fortune, where as an ascetic, would only want a small portion of it, enough to feed his modest appetites, and the appetites of his family/friends, if he has one/any.

Both are decadent. The ideal defines you. The latter is a self-stunting, and the former that makes power or capital as a pleasurable ends in itself is equally a dwarfing.
NE is about self-conquest; the idea of the overman is about a continual self-overcoming... and the body expanding as the body of the world - ideally speaking...
The logic of life itself is the drive to maximum ordering [within cycles of ups and downs, growth and attrition], and so the masculine that represents this would ideally want to become God - maximally efficient - spend less/give more - the sun.

Quote :
There's a cost though, like in the mafia, the higher you climb the ladder, the more everyone wants a piece of your pie. A lot of people want to become an Alexander or a Napoleon, but how many actually succeed? The vast majority fall by the wayside, they end up dead, only a few with extraordinary luck and talents, make it, and then there's all the trappings of hedonism and materialism, of envy, greed, gluttony, what do they get you, ultimately, they satisfy our desires, but often at the cost of our needs. I prioritize, it's not that desire is inherently negative, but if one has to be sacrificed for the other, which if often the case, one ought to sacrifice the desire for need, that's rationality, that's asceticism, what you're on about strikes me as the antithesis of rationality and asceticism, what you're on about is romanticism, hedonism, and vanity.

You are mistaken; NE is no plutocracy.

And ideas never die, even if you do. Value is the expression of the power you are able to in-corp-orate, embody. And determination of direction is an ex/tension of you that lives on beyond you, once opened.

This is about freedom of being - and in the one life you get, you strive for max. self-worth/self-assertion.

When ideas appeal, and similar values are made to resonate [the concept of paideia], then NE would even Allow a democratic expression as of the ancient greece.

Quote :

Quote :
What is Individuality if you do not create your own sun, and the world in your image... atleast in the striving for it...
That sounds like America, that's what most Americans do,

But its in how you do it, and what kind of world and the quality of the image...

American individuality is atomic, stirnerite, anarchistic - a selfishness that wants to gratify itself, not a self-ishness that raises the bar of evolution of the whole, in its self-rising.

Quote :
In a way, the way you talk, is very different from the way Satyr talks, he seems less ambitious than you, more modest in his appetites, do you two really see eye to eye?

Our aesthetics are different, but I'd like to believe our vision is the same.

He defines the self in terms of being, I - in terms of becoming...

Quote :
Although I'm a social isolate, for the time being, I am not opposed to living for family/friends, or even society, it's priorities, you take care of yourself first, and than you worry about those around you. Some people are more compassionate or, socially needy than others, it varies, different individuals have different desires, but we all have the same needs, more/less. We all need to give/receive love and affection from our fellow man/woman, except for a few genuine schizoids out there, but it varies greatly. Humanity is a very diverse animal.

Everything in context.

Socialization beyond a limit, humanity dragged beyond a useful fiction that it is - are all dis/eases. Like I already quoted, NE is about the perspectival switching on/off of tools as necessary... Hard but flexible. Strong but supple. That is balance.

rl.

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:05 pm

NE.

Nietzsche wrote:
"At the risk of displeasing innocent ears, I submit that egoism belongs to the essence of a noble soul, I mean the unalterable belief that to a being such as "we," other beings must naturally be in subjection, and have to sacrifice themselves. The noble soul accepts the fact of his egoism without question, and also without consciousness of harshness, constraint, or arbitrariness therein, but rather as something that may have its basis in the primary law of things:--if he sought a designation for it he would say: "It is justice itself."" [BGE, 265]

Nietzsche wrote:
"Signs of nobility: never to think of lowering our duties to the rank of duties for everybody; to be unwilling to renounce or to share our responsibilities; to count our prerogatives, and the exercise of them, among our duties." [BGE, 272]

Nietzsche wrote:
"In fact, conformably to the slow rise of the democratic social order (and its cause, the blending of the blood of masters and slaves), the originally noble and rare impulse of the masters to assign a value to themselves and to "think well" of themselves, will now be more and more encouraged and extended; but it has at all times an older, ampler, and more radically ingrained propensity opposed to it--and in the phenomenon of 'vanity" this older propensity overmasters the younger. The vain person rejoices over every good opinion which he hears about himself (quite apart from the point of view of its usefulness, and equally regardless of its truth or falsehood), just as he suffers from every bad opinion: for he subjects himself to both, he feels himself subjected to both, by that oldest instinct of subjection which breaks forth in him.--It is "the slave" in the vain man's blood, the remains of the slave's craftiness--and how much of the "slave" is still left in woman, for instance!--which seeks to seduce to good opinions of itself; it is the slave, too, who immediately afterwards falls prostrate himself before these opinions, as though he had not called them forth.--And to repeat it again: vanity is an atavism." [BGE, 261]

Nietzsche wrote:
"There is an instinct for rank, which more than anything else is already the sign of a high rank; there is a delight in the nuances of reverence which leads one to infer noble origin and habits. The refinement, goodness, and loftiness of a soul are put to a perilous test when something passes by that is of the highest rank, but is not yet protected by the awe of authority from obtrusive touches and incivilities: something that goes its way like a living touchstone, undistinguished, undiscovered, and tentative, perhaps voluntarily veiled and disguised. He whose task and practice it is to investigate souls, will avail himself of many varieties of this very art to determine the ultimate value of a soul, the unalterable, innate order of rank to which it belongs: he will test it by its instinct for reverence. Différence engendre haine: the vulgarity of many a nature spurts up suddenly like dirty water, when any holy vessel, any jewel from closed shrines, any book bearing the marks of great destiny, is brought before it; while on the other hand, there is an involuntary silence, a hesitation of the eye, a cessation of all gestures, by which it is indicated that a soul feels the nearness of what is worthiest of respect." [BGE, 263]

Nietzsche wrote:
"That which separates two men most profoundly is a different sense and grade of purity. What does it matter about all their honesty and reciprocal usefulness, what does if matter about all their mutual good-will: the fact still remains--they "cannot smell each other!" The highest instinct for purity places him who is affected with it in the most extraordinary and dangerous isolation, as a saint: for it is just holiness--the highest spiritualisation of the instinct in question. Any kind of cognisance of an indescribable excess in the joy of the bath, any kind of ardour or thirst which perpetually impels the soul out of night into the morning, and out of gloom, out of "affliction" into clearness, brightness, depth, and refinement:--just as much as such a tendency distinguishes--it is a noble tendency--it also separates.--The pity of the saint is pity for the filth of the human, all-to-human. And there are grades and heights where pity itself is regarded by him as impurity, as Filth." [BGE, 271]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*

Last edited by Lyssa on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Truth is there is no nobility.
It's an idealistic lie, for those who dream of being more than just human.

Everywhere humanity, in its multifaceted persona; knowing but pretending not to.
Let's enjoy them all.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Satyr wrote:
Truth is there is no nobility.
It's an idealistic lie, for those who dream of being more than just human.

Everywhere humanity, in its multifaceted persona; knowing but pretending not to.
Let's enjoy them all.  

I'm glad you came to this perception for yourself.

Baby steps......

Seriously, I'm proud of you. This is a milestone Satyr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:00 pm

And there is only one God; that which is in between a woman's legs.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:26 am

There Will Be Blood wrote:
And there is only one God; that which is in between a woman's legs.
Amen brother.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:30 am

LaughingMan wrote:

Thanks buddy.

LaughingMan wrote:
Baby steps......
If I'm a bit rushed it's because I'm so close to death.

LaughingMan wrote:
Seriously, I'm proud of you.  This is a milestone Satyr.
Thanks....I am learning all kinds of stuff lately.
This humility thing is real cool.

Once you get over reality, and your senses, and your ego that tells you to see, it's all easy.
Thanks for the lesson.

I guess you're the new alpha.
But don't tell...you know who.

Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:28 am

Very clever, satire is going to a whole new level these days........
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 am

Always side with the winning team, is what I say.

I was pro-order, but no longer.
I was foolish to think I could stop time, defeat chaos, arrest entropy, and create my own godly kingdom on earth.

I know when it's time to surrender, and cheer on the inevitable, as if I made it happen.

The less I know the more gratifying life becomes.
I intend to know as little as possible, to increase my chances.

Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Ignorance is bliss, indeed. Stop knowing, stop learning, stop understanding, stop exploring, stop challenging, stop questioning, stop philosophy dead in its tracks. It's hard, work, challenging, far, far too "serious". What we really need is a dance club, lots of drugs, ecstasy, an orgy, whenever somebody brings "bad vibes" along, ostracize them and exclude them from the group, and when the house burns down, eyes closed and wish it away.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm

I think to be "real philosophers" we must challenge everything....even if it makes sense.
Question everything, even if it is reasonable.

Just because.

See, every time we are skeptical means we have something interesting and challenging to say, against what we remain skeptical against.

Gravity, you say.
I doubt it.
Mortality, you say.
Prove it.

Just doubt everything, even when you are clueless.
Just say "I disagree" even though you have no clue why.
'Cause that's what men do.

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Satyr wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:

Thanks buddy.

LaughingMan wrote:
Baby steps......
If I'm a bit rushed it's because I'm so close to death.

LaughingMan wrote:
Seriously, I'm proud of you.  This is a milestone Satyr.
Thanks....I am learning all kinds of stuff lately.
This humility thing is real cool.

Once you get over reality, and your senses, and your ego that tells you to see, it's all easy.
Thanks for the lesson.

I guess you're the new alpha.
But don't tell...you know who.  

I am glad for you that you're finally acknowledging your superiors.

This is all about the path of acceptance.

You're learning well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Satyr wrote:
Always side with the winning team, is what I say.

I was pro-order, but no longer.
I was foolish to think I could stop time, defeat chaos, arrest entropy, and create my own godly kingdom on earth.

I know when it's time to surrender, and cheer on the inevitable, as if I made it happen.

The less I know the more gratifying life becomes.
I intend to know as little as possible, to increase my chances.  

Now he is finally getting it.

There is hope for the old goat yet.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm going to come out and say it;

I am pro-darkness,and pro-death, and pro-cold.
I'm going to help it along by doing nothing.

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Satyr wrote:
I'm going to come out and say it;

I am pro-darkness,and pro-death, and pro-cold.
I'm going to help it along by doing nothing.

Good for you.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Ah yes, you twisted my point. I like that. I say doubt. And you say, doubt everything so as to misconstrue.

If something is "reasonable" then it should be easy, even for the simpleminded, to speak about. If a theory of gravity is "reasonable", then it too, should be easy to talk about.

*Should be*. But the modernists are a little more cautious and cowardly. If they speak too much, about the world they don't know, using words they don't know the roots of, then these expositions unveil their mentality underneath.

Satyr your clever little ruse worked on me. I believed it, totally. I resisted. I am incapable of nuance and going with the flow.

I am not being satirical myself. I am always serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Æon wrote:
Ah yes, you twisted my point.  I like that.  I say doubt.  And you say, doubt everything so as to misconstrue.

If something is "reasonable" then it should be easy, even for the simpleminded, to speak about.  If a theory of gravity is "reasonable", then it too, should be easy to talk about.

*Should be*.  But the modernists are a little more cautious and cowardly.  If they speak too much, about the world they don't know, using words they don't know the roots of, then these expositions unveil their mentality underneath.

Satyr your clever little ruse worked on me.  I believed it, totally.  I resisted.  I am incapable of nuance and going with the flow.

I am not being satirical myself.  I am always serious.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Quote :
I am always serious.

So you've never had more than a 1000 dollars in your bank account. Ugh, plebs who lack in class are repulsive. Problem child, must be broken to know subservience, if to take system to maximum efficiency. Those who don't appreciate life do not deserve life.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Do you think having very little money is an insult?

Doesn't your value as a person revolve around money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Indicative of the whole when adding other elemets, yet a generalization. I know you must feel gratification being looked down on. Though do tell me, what have you brought to this world? In a non-slantable way.

Are you strong enough to walk away from what's destroying you? Or will you fight one more time for the heart that binds.

Make your choice.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:43 pm

You seem to mistake me for somebody else, a figment of your imagination, boy.

Keep swinging, tell me again how having money represents how valuable you are, to yourself and the world.

I want to hear more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Thus death.

What is the cure for cancer?

Those who don't appreciate life do not deserve life.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:09 pm

TWBB, can you produce ideas? Can you think?

If you cannot, then please do all on this forum a favor, and *shut the fuck up*?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Then please walk us through the path of your memetic-lineage. 

Resulting in?

Negativity in overall input-output equations. That which comes through goes out excessively tainted. This then is dealt with under the veil of originality. Pathetic to deny input, lie to claim originality.

Last edited by There Will Be Blood on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Always thought before action.
Back to top Go down
Kovacs

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:36 am

Always thought before action.
That would make for a terrible fighter. And thoughts are actions, so you end up with either an infinite regress, or you have to move from thought to action at least in part via intuition
or like Zeno's arrow you never get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 am

Then please walk us through the path of your memetic-lineage. 

Resulting in?

Negativity in overall input-output equations. That which comes through goes out excessively tainted. This then is dealt with under the veil of originality. Pathetic to deny input, lie to claim originality.
I already explained this to you, but you obviously need a reminder. I have a posting history spanning several years, mostly coinciding with ILP, and a few others including Satyr, Echo, Detrop, Joker, and a few other nameless ones. Lucis Trust/Divergense is most similar to my thought process and ability to inquire into just about every topic. He and I are extremely fine tuned into nuance. We see details that everybody passes over. Satyr also has this type of hyper sensitivity.

Let me remind you, I don't feel the need to prove myself to strangers, especially not a nobody like yourself, TWBB. If you could produce intellectual content, if you had the ability, then I may feel more threatened with the need to "prove myself". But I don't. Most people, even around here, bore me. I lack challenges. I've had the back and forth against Satyr many times. I want a different challenge, a different mindset to unravel, expose, and deconstruct. I want to take apart a mind worthy of dissection.

I wait and bide my time now. I watch new threads, new thinkers pop up. I do not expect that I should stumble upon another great thinker within my lifetime. *This could be it.* This could be the best, already. Satyr maybe the greatest challenge I can have in a lifetime. I fear that this is true. I fear that there is nobody else, on this small, tiny, enclosed, limited, planet. I fear that this is the top of humanity, all there is to offer.

Because then that would mean that there is no higher authority, no greater intellect, no more passionate desire to explore the universe. No more courage. No greater reason. Can you imagine??? No, why the fuck would I ask you?

You seem like a dipshit, if you want my honest opinion. I hope that I'm wrong. I fear that I'm right.

I'm tired of stepping on people's brains. I feel the urge to allow others to step on mine, now. I have nothing better to do, than perhaps, to lift some potentially great thinker, a potential brain, higher.

If no Philosopher exists here and now, during this 2014AD of 7 billion human manimals, then I will create Him. I will make Him from nothing. I will piece Him together using all of my power, logic, and reason. I will build something impossible. If a Philosopher cannot exist, then I will try nonetheless to conjure Him.

What would such a man be and become? What is the highest reason? What is the most powerful intellect?

Don't answer these questions, I want you to hide any retardation you have inside your brain. My expectations of you, and others, are so fucking low. I lowered them down to my heels. And still manimals never fail to disappoint me. I'm always disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:54 am

The thing is I share this account with my gf and we communicate through the posts, clues and such, much fun and such. So I'm real sorry you never seem to comprehend the obvious. Then again real proud when a somebody proves her point.

But you did have one good point, and this is getting way to repetitive and boring, mabey, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Æon
Wyrm
Æon

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:43 am

The thing is I share this account with my gf and we communicate through the posts, clues and such, much fun and such. So I'm real sorry you never seem to comprehend the obvious. Then again real proud when a somebody proves her point.

But you did have one good point, and this is getting way to repetitive and boring, mabey, we shall see.
"Repetitive and boring" you say? Is this you or your pussy talking?

Because either way, I've heard this accusation millions of times, *from females*. It is a typical female response. When the female encounters a dialogue beyond her level, where she cannot participate in, yet feels intimidated by, she feigns disinterest, pretending to be bored as a cover and mask to her nervousness. Her stupidity is showing.

You can't avoid me, biotch, so it's useless to try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noble Elitism Noble Elitism - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Noble Elitism
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5