Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Anfang

Anfang

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 6:05 pm

If the game was more realistic then they would acknowledge that different culture more or less means different ethnicities and to make them compatible with your own culture requires either genocide or "loin power" from your soldiers fertilising the conquered women in that territory.

Classical liberals lack in the loin power department, that's why they have convinced themselves that the power of their faggot tongue will do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 7:49 am

Sure, but I don't have any suggestions how could they make it into a game mechanism, maybe somebody will make a mod
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 pm

There is a mechanic in the game for colonising territories which are more or less uninhabited.
Similarly there could be a mechanic for changing the demographics of a particular territory at the cost of military manpower drain and gold.
There will be a chance that this provokes the males in said province to rise up and spawn a rebellious faction which then must be defeated and so on.

As the population of the territory becomes more similar to the colonisers the chances for an uprising diminish.

Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Slaughtz wrote:
https://reason.com/blog/2018/03/21/video-games-toxic-meritocracy

He says that the meritocracy is toxic activism pushed in video games by "SJW"s is something which is not being implemented in video games. Contrary to the Trump comments about video games and brutality and the (gun) violence correlation which is something which will change video games.

I think he is very wrong about this.
Trump is not the first to talk about video game violence and yet they make games like Wolfenstein 2 and celebrate it in the media. It didn't have much if any effect on video games which are being produced or the wider social views of those involved with video games.

The effects of "SJW"s screaming about toxic masculinity and "meritocracy" in broader culture has been much more influential, though, I believe that they are not the cause but only the background music to the decisions made at the top of the larger entertainment companies.
They have certain tastes and agendas which they want to see implemented and the "SJW" can then be pointed at as the cause of this.

It's the media heads who control who gets taken seriously, who gets promoted as being "reasonable", what is a worthwhile cause and what is unfounded hysteria.
Without it, the SJW would be utterly powerless, well, he is powerless, he just swims in the current of the river set up by those with actual power and influence.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 8:28 am

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:43 am

Jarno wrote:
The Curse Of Monkey Island, FINALLY on steam

I just tried the MacOS port and this steam version is an auto-start scummVM version.
You see the ScummVM boot logo at the beginning and when inside the game and you press F1 you don't get to the original Monkey Island 3 menu but instead get shown that ugly scummVM options menu.
A review on steam mentions the same - it's ScummVM packed. That's not what I'd pay money for, they should do a proper port for modern OS.

I have seen a site with a dll wrapper for Monkey Island 3. I'll look into it and if it works well I'll create a proper Monkey Island 3 install package for modern Windows OS.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:57 am

I just sent a refund request, I just read like 6 positive reviews before buying, but I guess I didn't expect people to be that stupid...You are right, I could have just played this for free with ScummVM...
Back to top Go down
Impulso Oscuro

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:47 am

Not sure if i mentioned this before, but God of War is a pretty cool series and I love what they've done with their latest installment "God of War 4".

Kratos (Spartan turned "God of War" after killing Ares) after killing the Olympian Gods for betraying him, has traveled to the Norse realm and has a boy with a Giant native of Jötunheimr, "Faye".

True to the Spartan tradition, Kratos returns to find Faye has passed and is there to take up the reigns as his son "Atreus" has come of age to be trained by him.

Here is a video "movie" with all the cut-scenes, i haven't finished myself yet since its pretty long, but i think you guys would enjoy it, especially an old timer like you Satyr.

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am

I kinda like Greek mythology, which is why I don't like the premise of the God of War - that all the Greek Gods are "evil" and you must kill them. I prefer games where the antagonists are some ugly, nigger-like creatures that I feel comfortable killing.

I just replayed Gothic 1 and was instantly reminded why it is so good and why certain modern, more popular games (TES) can never come close to it. The world isn't generically created and empty - it is filled with content (though the game is only 10-15 hours or so long). The characters aren't plain and robotic, both the voice acting and the way they behave is much livelier.

Funny example is if you beat up two characters who are supposed to protect one another as they're members of the same guild, then when you beat up one of them again and the other sees it, he's afraid to attack you (since he was beaten up before) so he turns away from you and says something like "I didn't see a thing", "A really nice view", "Nice weather today" and stuff like that. That's fun.

The feeling of power one gets in late game, when only the stronger enemies even dare to attack you and others just start running around mindlessly when they see you is pretty badass.

Female characters are well made too. They're sex slaves and/or maids serving the most powerful men in the prison colony.

There is even some stupid feminist paper complaining about it.

http://www.eludamos.org/index.php/eludamos/article/view/vol2no2-7/87#_ednref1

The only way for women to be "liberated", "strong" and so on is for men to forego the exercise of their superior power - for men to be weak. Women already have their advantage - their sexuality, which spares them from being forced to do hard labor and from being beaten and abused like lower-ranking males are, both in the game and IRL.

Impulso Oscuro

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 11:32 pm

AutSider wrote:
I kinda like Greek mythology, which is why I don't like the premise of the God of War - that all the Greek Gods are "evil" and you must kill them. I prefer games where the antagonists are some ugly, nigger-like creatures that I feel comfortable killing.

Honestly, i think it pays homage by illustrating the tendency for order (the Father) to stagnate and degenerate. Kratos, seeks to defeat Zeus and the Olympians, just like Zeus defeated his father and the Titans.

Does anyone know if this legacy has been passed on beyond Zeus? Ive never heard of anyone defeating Zeus and taking his place as leader. What does "defeat" really even mean anyways in a mythological context? A more refined anthropomorphizing or interpretation of phenomena?

Looks like the Gothic game is only available in a bundle including the 2nd and 3rd game on steam, how are the sequels?

The meek shall inherit the Earth, but the Noble shall take it.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Impulso Oscuro wrote:
Looks like the Gothic game is only available in a bundle including the 2nd and 3rd game on steam, how are the sequels?

jk

2nd game with Night of the Raven expansion is the best, 3rd is different from the first two and has some flaws but if you can get past them, it's enjoyable.

They all need community made fixes and patches to be playable though. If you decide to get the games and need help with that, just let me know. I already have a list of what each game needs, I can just copy paste it here and add short descriptions where needed.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Guy in a multiplayer game: 'So, I dropped to the lowest rank in this game... now I can start to meet women'

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Demon’s Souls is better than Dark Souls, btw.
This line “Heart of gold” is what Stockpile Thomas tells you when you leave him as a farewell till you come around the next time.
He is the keeper of your stockpile of weapons and supplies which you deposit at his place.

He is not only the keeper of your stuff, he is also a coward.
When the demons came he abandoned his wife and daughter to save himself.
He also has a submissive docile demeanor and a frail voice.

In a way he is what might have been a medieval gentile banker if it wouldn’t have been given to the hands of this other (((tribe))).
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 5:24 pm

The Japanese interpretation of dark European medieval fantasy.
Berserk is not a far fetched inspiration.

Also, in this game you can wear a ring which renders you completely invisible in PvP until you are almost in the face of your enemy/prey (or their backside).
Besides being an important myth in European folklore (becoming invisible) you don’t find many games having the balls to go with such a mean/“unfair”/devious/“imba” game-mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 3:06 pm

So Fortnite Made $300 Million Last Month…
Dailystormer wrote:
Fortnite made more money in April than Avengers: Infinity War did on its opening weekend later that same month....After all, if you can make 300 million dollars a month on a low effort recycling of a previous game, why ever do anything else?
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:28 am

I finally got a new PC and can play games, but nothing I tried caught my attention for more than an hour. Modern games are all shitlib trash.

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 am

You tried Kingdom Come: Deliverance?
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 9:57 am

Can't run it at a satisfactory FPS and graphic combination. Besides, it appears too serious and time consuming.

To be fair, the problem might be that I just lost interest in video games.

hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 am

AutSider wrote:
I finally got a new PC and can play games, but nothing I tried caught my attention for more than an hour. Modern games are all shitlib trash.

Modern games are not shitlib trash. They are just trash.

They are like a hole in the spirit, a sucking out of your soul. Cool people no longer make games. Something about games have lost their edge. It feels like a hollow thing now, no longer an art. Instead of soul-replenishing, they seem soul sucking. When I play a game, I cannot hold my attention for more than a minute. When I play games, I feel like I am in clockwork orange, like my soul is being sucked out from me. Games almost feel "Too perfect" and corporate and lost the hand-crafted kind of touch.

this mlp episode is related to this.
https://knowthyself.forumotion.net/t2389-another-heartwrenching-and-morally-ambiguous-episode
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 11:31 am

A lot of new games are simplified for casual players, but a lot of games are still better to be played on small bursts, even starting a new dark souls game is better to start on small bursts because you just get better at it. I am very fast to hit ALT + F4 if I see a QTE or some boring mechanics (outposts, crafting etc).

I removed games like Skyrim and Farcry 3 from my steam library permanently because I can't even stand looking at them.

AutSider wrote:
I don't know which ones you tried, but yes it's pretty difficult to find new games that are good and not filled with some shitlib narrative, especially if they are made by big companies like EA, Ubisoft etc, which is just all about milking the product as long as possible and marketing the game to as wide audience as possible, they don't even want to try anything new. It's even hard to find games that I would like to play through once a year.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 12:01 pm

I usually have a difficult time playing new games, either they are boring me or they are too complex to find the patience/time to get into it.
What I did get into playing and liked recently was They are Billions a real time strategy game where you play as an outpost colony building up your economy and expanding the settlement while improving defences/military while zombie hordes roam the map and zombie floods spawn periodically, getting larger over time. It is meant to be played with pausing and un-pausing while you plan and optimise your settlement, try to balance expansion and defences.

A small developer.

One zombie can wreck you whole village within a few seconds if he gets behind your walls because he will infect your colonists and if you have not sufficient military units present where the infection took place it will spread among the colonists like a wildfire and then you will be overwhelmed.

It also has some interesting mechanics, like zombies on the map are attracted by noise. So in the early phase of the game when you are very vulnerable you want to keep your distance to zombie hordes and villages on the map not attracting them with gun shots or noisy industrial buildings. You use bow and arrow scouts in the early game which are later on very weak, to clear zombies from areas where you need to expand to for resources.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm

jarno wrote:
I removed games like Skyrim and Farcry 3 from my steam library permanently because I can't even stand looking at them.
FarCry 3 looks pretty good to me. But I don't like the graphic style of all these new games, everything looks bumpmapped and made out of plastic.

jarno wrote:

AutSider wrote:
I don't know which ones you tried, but yes it's pretty difficult to find new games that are good and not filled with some shitlib narrative, especially if they are made by big companies like EA, Ubisoft etc, which is just all about milking the product as long as possible and marketing the game to as wide audience as possible, they don't even want to try anything new. It's even hard to find games that I would like to play through once a year.
Im saying even if they had no shitlib narrative, modern games would all be trash. Monopolies have a strangehold on the creative individual, if you are a creative individual you are not allowed to have a job there. They selectively weed out any employee who is not an obedient cucky beta male type of person.

Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Anfang wrote:

One zombie can wreck you whole village within a few seconds if he gets behind your walls because he will infect your colonists and if you have not sufficient military units present where the infection took place it will spread among the colonists like a wildfire and then you will be overwhelmed.

Not realistic. If it was realistic the infection would take decades.

anfang wrote:
I usually have a difficult time playing new games, either they are boring me or they are too complex to find the patience/time to get into it.
Same here. I feel rarely any hype for games anymore. They make me feel anhedonic instead of a hedonist of games. I think this psychological phenomenon can be explained. Because when you are a teenager, you feel that you are locked into a cage, cannot be free, games offer the idea you have power and freedom. But as the world decays, and you slowly begin to realize, you have no power, and the games are an illusion, a false promise of freedom. When you hear the boss music for the first time, you feel power and glory, but then you realize, the power and glory will never come to be, in real life.

Anfang wrote:
Slaughtz wrote:
https://reason.com/blog/2018/03/21/video-games-toxic-meritocracy

He says that the meritocracy is toxic activism pushed in video games by "SJW"s is something which is not being implemented in video games. Contrary to the Trump comments about video games and brutality and the (gun) violence correlation which is something which will change video games.

I think he is very wrong about this.
Trump is not the first to talk about video game violence and yet they make games like Wolfenstein 2 and celebrate it in the media. It didn't have much if any effect on video games which are being produced or the wider social views of those involved with video games.

The effects of "SJW"s screaming about toxic masculinity and "meritocracy" in broader culture has been much more influential, though, I believe that they are not the cause but only the background music to the decisions made at the top of the larger entertainment companies.
They have certain tastes and agendas which they want to see implemented and the "SJW" can then be pointed at as the cause of this.

It's the media heads who control who gets taken seriously, who gets promoted as being "reasonable", what is a worthwhile cause and what is unfounded hysteria.
Without it, the SJW would be utterly powerless, well, he is powerless, he just swims in the current of the river set up by those with actual power and influence.
(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 Full
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 12:25 pm

mannequin wrote:

Indeed. This reminds me of those old arcade games, like Alex the Kid, where you would get all the way to the end, through level upon level only to die and be sent right back to the beginning! furiously annoying!!! It strangely made everything more meaningful, you had to be more careful. Ha, games might be made easy today due to feminization, especially with the rise of the female gamer..endless lives, it falls in tune with..you can be anything you want at anytime..

Why does everyone blame everything on feminization? Geez.

It was a female who inspired me to be a bitter bully of truth as I am today.
I used to be one of these twits who was nice to people. I walked into a store to buy Halo 3. Then I saw a female playing an FPS game at GameStop. The FPS game she was playing was not HALO, but some generic military fps. She was loudly cursing and yelling at how bad the graphics and gameplay were. Her language was profane and unforgiving. Thus I was inspired to be a bitter critic and bully of truth.

I think feminization can add glory and colour to games. I think the problem here is emasculation. I think emasculation ruins games. Makes it feel hollow and boring. I think those masochist games are overrated. I dont think masochist games where you have to start at the beginning are that masculine. I think they are masochistic and feminine, like BDSM. It makes u feel subby when you lose, like a dominatrix is forcing you to be perfect. However, I dont believe BDSM or having a dominatrix, is emasculating, in the sense I use the word. By emasculation I mean beta males who feel shameful at lusting for women and obey feminism.

I think Half-life, and Doom 1 and 2, is one of the more masculine games, and it lets you save whenever you want.

Personally I think the best type of games are level games, where you have to start at the beginning of the level if you lose.

Autsider wrote:
~I cheat at monopoly, because its so boring.~
Yeah I think human beings are a victim of delusion. Because as a child, I thought Monopoly was a great game. I think as a child I was raised to be delusional (I was raised around Christians.) I think this has a correlation to libs and Detroit, because if I say blacks suck at building stuff and are the reason detroit is in decay, they rage at me. I think they are in delusional mode. I think people are comforted by their delusions and don't like the hard truth. I think Monopoly is a personality test. If someone enjoys Monopoly, they are delusional and unfit for philosophy. Monopoly is a pure game of luck and no talent. They add a cheap bribing tactic to add social skill to the game, but it is not enough to save the game or really make it about any kind of strategy.

That is why I like Angelica of Rugrats, she is a hard bully of truth and surrounded by dumb babies. Everyone around me seems weak and stupid. Anyone who likes Monopoly is weak and stupid and going to be difficult to reason with.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm

#Cyberpunk 2077
The only legit game I've seen this year.

Based on the trailer, it will get Game of the Year. Mark my words, Game of the Year.

Unless the possibility of the trailer being nothing like the ingame footage.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Me: Woooow so cool, I'm going to downl... uh, I mean buy Dishonored and then do all the cool ninja assassin stuff myself

How wrong I was.

But hey, there is a game I'm good at: Warface. Or I used to be good at it a long time ago. My skills are only about half as good now. Use it or lose it applies with FPS-es it appears.

Whatever video game I turn on there's a constant reminder in my brain telling me: "This is just a fake replacement for real life because the most interesting real life activities have been banned". The fact that all modern games push a nonsensical political narrative doesn't help immersion either.

hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 6:07 pm

AutSider wrote:

Whatever video game I turn on there's a constant reminder in my brain telling me: "This is just a fake replacement for real life because the most interesting real life activities have been banned". The fact that all modern games push a nonsensical political narrative doesn't help immersion either.

Exactly true. Doesn't help that most games nowadays suck too.
Back to top Go down
AutSider

AutSider

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 9:01 am

This guy is kinda funny. He also made kinda funny reviews of some other good games: Dark Messiah, HoMM3 and Mount and Blade Warband come to mind

PostSubject: Re: (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play (Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

(Video, Board, Card,..) Games People Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next