Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Things to Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jarno

Jarno

Things to Watch - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 5:36 pm

Hmmm. I have always expressed myself best when talking, but I am really bad at writing down my ideas or observations. I've always been very good at ripping people apart, quick with words, when I hear (average?) people talking I get annoyed/frustrated because I feel like I could have said it/expressed it better/faster. The careful approach could be because I am myself often very misunderstood, but I am very good at judging others, and often consciously I strive to standout. I hate to be put into a category that doesn't represent me in anyway.

So let's say if I was to do something I have never done before I could have hard time visualizing it, if I don't get a specific example of what to do, or thinking it's more complicated than it really is or in school if it was a simple thing I would think over complicated, but otherwise I have a "photographic" memory. There's so much variety.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 6:56 pm

You might be high in neurotic personality and also be highly aggressive, like me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My fathers family is all like this, very easily becoming very aggressive over, often times, trivial things in the context of prediction errors occurring. I literally get very angry when I misread a word or get some calculations wrong, what has worked well for me is regular hard exercise, always being full of food that doesn't cause me to bloat or fart or feel bad(as this makes me angry also), sleeping well and disciplining myself to focus on the task I am doing, and ignoring the emotions triggered by unavoidable mistakes you will make whilst performing the task by forcing myself to continue the task after a mistake without allowing myself to ponder on what happened or vent my emotions outside of the task by becoming distracted.
Also this book is a good read:
Negative mood causes powerful decrease in the effectiveness of intuitive thinking.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:24 pm

I was hot-blooded young, but depression made me inward and turn against myself (since there was no adrenaline filled outlet during school years), I made the mistake of not externalising the anger, instead isolating and attacking myself. So I kind of blame the school system for making me to "submit" to "non-violence", don't really get to express male temperament without getting into trouble, too much "feminine" indoctrination.

So I've hold back much rage I feel like my nerves burned out and became numb at one point, so I've been trying to gain back my natural state for years, get my feelings aligned with my experiences and stop repressing feelings of anger I've been blaming myself for too long, so it took some time figure out.

I mostly appear calm (because I rather give a laid back impression), but I believe I adapted knowing how the mind games are, and knowing if you appear pissed off, someone will try to piss you off even more. So I find it smarter to not take some things personally, so I know the best ways to get under someones skin, I have the endurance for provocation. There's many sides to my personality as well, and I've dealt a lot of things with humour. I'm polite as well so I'm not the kind of person to lash out at people, since it doesn't give me relief.

I also learned from Ohfortuna to rise above the issues/topics, like for example rather than getting mad at all coal-burners it's much more productive thinking what were they like as a person, and that they weren't good genetic material to begin with (genetic culling), so that's a good way to calm down and get new insights rather than endlessly waste energy on every single moron

I will check out those links
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 4:09 am

Jarno wrote:
Hmmm. I have always expressed myself best when talking, but I am really bad at writing down my ideas or observations. I've always been very good at ripping people apart

But is this because you often have a good insight into someones psychology and know what they are about and thus know where and how to push their buttons, or is it because you are good at bullshitting and twisting words and meaning around?
There are annoying people who have no insight but are good at word games, making every argument into a pointless rhetorical exercise.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 am

It's good insight on my case, I'm the kind of guy that goes always straight to the point, I call out the hypocrisy. Saying the truth about the person is enough to push their buttons
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 7:36 am

I thought so too. Tearing apart the other is then based on having a good eye for the personality of others and controlling your own emotions, at least not showing them openly. It's less your verbal skills of making shit up out of nothing, talking without underlying substance is probably not your strength.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Definitely, I can't talk shit, it has to be based on something. If I don't like someone I know exactly why. And the persons in these situations can't really get my under my skin, so the personal attacks miss completely and don't get what I am about, this kind of "Sam hyde" effect. Especially in working life there is so much small-minded pettiness, jealousy etc
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 am

" Only opened to the public EVER in November 2017 "

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 11:30 am

Controversial, but plausible, "mongols" themselves aren't really warlike, there must have been many tribes in that area during that time.. Indo-Europeans (to be politically correct), stretch much farther.

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 6:53 pm

This guy is still putting himself and others in dangerous situations in even more shithole country. He is letting his girlfriend out of sight many times, he is showing his girlfriend bad examples as you can see Alina engaging much more with the natives, even on her own. You can see how naive she is and she is just trying to imitate the charismatic social skills of baldie, instead it would be wiser to keep a distance and stay out of danger. It really bothers and frustrates me that they keep having that naive smile thinking it will solve all situations or make people act friendly towards them, but clearly even those children seemed untrustworthy.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 7:25 pm

What a half-wit clown. Like sticking your hand in a garbage disposal.

I'm surprised those primitive niggers didn't just proceed to butcher him with machetes. He is no different than all those Millennial couples traveling in risky Middle Eastern regions, taking their hapless "world travel" tour, thinking their liberal tolerance applies to the rest of the world, before they end up as another news story of two fuckheads who got murdered because they didn't know how to live in reality.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 7:19 pm

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Satyr wrote:

This was outstanding. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 am

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 7:28 am

They accused Stalin to hide the fact that Patton was furious about how the Germans were being treated by the "allies", after the war.
We see the consequences in today's Germany.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 7:26 am

Nihilism is the intellectual trap many fall into. A linguistic self-referential loop that imprisons the individual in the present - with no past, and an undetermined future - for some the future is also determined trapping them within absolute order, i.e., Abrahamism, a.k.a., monotheism, monism. Totalitarianism of the absolute one.
We see this same theme in 'neo' - the 'new' one. i.e., saviour representing determinism.

But, even in the movie, 'choice' is the 'problem' - free-will that repeats the process but not exactly the same way.
Choice as a reaction to chaos. That which corrupts absolute order, or the "architects" (god's) plans (determinism).

Nihilism is where the mind traps itself - sometimes intentionally.

My positions are known.
I believe nihilism is a mental defensiveness to emerging self-consciousness, exposing the individual to himself, as it compares to other. The awareness of natural election, the world's indifference to the plight of the individual; its expandability.
Past is the part the ego cannot deal with, because it is immutable - already determined through the interactions and choices of others.
This is the part nihilism attempts to erase, or to forget, or to nullify. The past and its own adopted responsibility - via one's own ancestors.
The mind wants to liberate itself from this - to reject it.
We see it in the current identity crisis. The body is denied relevance, because it is a manifestation of this determined past.

Some seek a more clever strategy, to reject their own past. They absolve themselves of responsibility by claiming that nobody is responsible for anything - everything has been determined by a higher will or a higher absolute order. this erases the responsibility of their ancestors that manifest in the individual's presence.
They, like the individual, are all irresponsible for anything that occurs, because it is all part of a universal order. It could to have been any other way.

The idea that circumstances could have been other than how they are, is the most painful thing to accept when the individual is not happy with its circumstances, or how it is.

Responsibility produces doubt. When every choice, every action, leads to future consequences you participated in producing, this can cause a brain-freeze - over-analysis procrastinating, unable to pass-judgement and to accept the consequences of the choices made based no those judgement.

The Matrix represents inter-subjectivity, i.e., modernity.
All is a social product, implies a programming, directed by a will or by reason.
The Matrix is an allegory for hard-determinism - an image of the world as entirely determined and ordered by absolute order, i.e., some kind of architect, plan.
God was the Abrahamic version, but it need not be concious. It can be secularized as a concept represented by the numerical symbol of a human abstraction, i.e., #1.
The idea, is the absolute, because it can only exists as such in the human mind. The mind can only conceptualize fluid reality in absolutes, called abstractions.

The movie turns into a secular adaptation of the Christ narrative. Abrahamism for the Information Age.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Anglos gonna make liberalism great again...
That other guy is a bit of a buzz kill. For the amount he talks he just doesn't have an entertaining or charming personality. You can make interesting points without being boring.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:01 am

Yeah, I usually tune out because of Michael, he can't answer anything if he haven't read studies about the subject. It also bothers me that sometimes people ask them very basic and boring questions which sound like something you just for the sake of asking something. If he only started eating and exercising that would open up a whole new world for him. But I'm sure he could improve when getting constructive criticism.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 10:41 am

Heidegger's destruction of the ontological tradition, as he calls it, is this push back against modernity for the "uncovering" of being which is only another way of saying 'nature'. His project can be thought of as a project of the will of overcoming, or as it overcomes itself as an entity in nature I.e. Dasein; of dismantling the self, so to speak, to uncover its essence. He takes the Parmenadian concept of Being into rationalism; fusing a modern analytical method with a philosophical spiritualism. In many ways he honors the ancient tradition of philosophy in my opinion. This is why I think he is difficult for most to grasp, because he keeps himself in a state of being himself as a seeker of being.

Reason is foundationally feminine, but commandeered by the masculine it becomes highly active. This attribute of Heidegger I believe Is overlooked here. I haven't studied all of Heidegger but I'm in the process.

That 'Joel' guy is a bit simple-minded. A "quirky" addition to the symposium if anything. Stuck under the thumb of Nietzsche's romanticism, like most modern intellectuals are. Not to mention his fancy for degenerate pop-culture. Although he does pique my interest in Delueze. I have to make future plans to read Delueze and Edmund Husserl. THAMSTER, the one with the glasses. He has a much sharper and nuanced mind. I would like to just discourse with him alone if it was a choice. He has that calculated "grandmaster" panache with the pipe. Although unlike those I played chess with as a young kid. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:48 pm

Most have no comprehension of struggle or loss, not because they don't experience it, but because they do. The lowest type are those who have the privilege to experience the vissistudes of suffering, and feel it only as fleeting sensations; failing to harvest it into wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 9:41 pm

DoomGuard doesn't realize how corny he sounds.

Nah, but I think it's (engaging with idiots/'exposing' them) less dichotomous than "it's totally useless" and "totally useful", it's mining for diamonds in the rough - and there's a lot of roughage - and only so much is even funneled to content that'd sift it out. The intention behind engaging with retards is retards (who think you sound corny) might distribute it to other non-retards, specifically thinking it's "funny". It also provides practical examples to those growing/new.

Whether the practice is worth it or not, is definitely questionable - but some do it and some don't; it's not a recipe for everyone nor does everyone have the situation to do so. If you're a guy that's already set up with everything needed, and you're thinking about the future and not the immediate present, then you do not care about some minor present 'indignities' by exposing idiots.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Haven't watched much of it yet but could be entertaining in parts (or blood pressure heightening).

Two shitlibs disguised as an anarchist and something else arguing against the third position.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptySat May 09, 2020 6:04 am

Imagine hearing this sound in the middle of the night while you are out camping in the woods. You think there is some old hag witch out there cackling half-humanly.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 8:00 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to Watch Things to Watch - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Watch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next