Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Satyr wrote:

Don't worry, your participation here has clarified many things for her, as it has for all the members here. 
There it is!

You never disappoint, Connie! Thanks for being so accommodating Smile
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Oh no, I wasn't trying to "get" you.

See, I was having a conversation with a friend about some people's ability to take a bare minimum amount of information about a person and convince themselves that they know about that person's life and/or motivations. It's a widespread problem, one that I find endlessly frustrating and fascinating at the same time every single time I see it in practice. Naturally, though in a somewhat round-about way, you came to mind and were presented as an example.

All I had to do from that point on was get you to demonstrate it. Beautifully done Smile Again, I thank you.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:18 pm

By the way, me actually telling you my real motivation for coming here is a gift, from me to you. Enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:29 pm

You and I are not painted with the same brush, my friend. Enjoy your day Smile
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm

You're smart, Connie. We both know it's true.

Stop acting like you're not, it's unbecoming.

Consider it a compliment that you would even cross my mind in a real-life conversation. Consider it even more of a compliment that I would come here and subject myself to your vitriol in order to excercise a point I've made to someone who doesn't even know you.

Yes, please consider it a compliment, at the very least a compliment to your consistency, and move on.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:52 am

lmao look at how worked up and butthurt you all are! I didn't read the enormous posts that either one of you wrote, but you didn't really write them for me so that part doesn't matter. You wrote them for yourselves, to feel better about getting played, and to reinforce this fanciful little idea you have that anything you say or think matters to anyone but the people in your circle jerk.

Did it work?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:37 pm

My name isn't Charlie Sheen. I'm not about winning, love.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 am

I'm just trying to listen to music in my room. What's all this fucking racket! Mom?! Dad?!...I can hear the bleeding vibrations of my name being whispered down the hall...aaah a full blown domestic .. Such a wonderful family I have.

Ahh satyr, been doing some pimping behind the scenes have you and there I was thinking it was just me living a vulgar lifestyle..now I suspect you have a lot of content stored because you seem like the type of guy who records everything..

With that said, I think you should share those dirty photos and videos, otherwise I'm just going to subject you to extreme homosexual advances and disturbing material through email, type of shit that will shift your brain chemistry, what does all this mean? Torture!

You know where to send them..
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Well, I go through phases, but there is some consistency to it. Hmm men are more closer to me than a simple undressing, That would be like blowing the candle out early. so for this it would be just women. Also, calling a gay person gay wouldn't really have the effect one might think.

As far as studying your posts, well, I try. I try to care, if you care enough to write it then I care enough to read it, it's like a reciprocation I have for those that I like. But I also read posts of others that I might not like, but I deem their opinions worthy.

However, that was one of my favorite posts, hmm I'm not sure why, maybe because it shows your considerate and sensitive side, perhaps a side you don't express often or dislike attention being brought to it, but still I like it, it was a special post..a type of special that women would criticize and hate you for, and heterosexual men would laugh at and dismiss as pathetic..but it stays safe with me.

If you didn't realize, my post was playful, jokingly playful..you know I like to tease you sometimes, well not like the rest on here, that's done out of malice and hostility, especially from your female audience..but that is to be expected.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Where did all this conflict begin? How did it all start?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:41 am

Lyssa wrote:

Why is Moreno acting all innocent?! He finds the fact that you didn't show up with your name dishonest?
These are the group of people who advocate gender being a social construction and rave about any significant difference existing between male and female; and now Moreno accuses 'Sabina' of not being upfront of his/her gender??! That's the point! The exposure of their own hypocrisy.
If gender is so meaningless, then why do they all give such a shite?!
Why do they?!
I don't Think gender is a social Construction, though there is construction going on - as the Feminization of Man certainly entails, for example. Anyway, I don't Think men and women are the same.   I don't Think we are blank slates either.  I've made that clear there.  Now of course you don't read so much there so how could you know?  But then, yeah, how could you know, so why are you assuming everyone has the same beliefs there?

What does it give you to see a monolith and have this wonderful horrible THEY?

Quote :
The last time Moreno was here, he spewed some condescending lecture on you needing to deal with ideas alone and not show off your personality like some "old broken record"...
I kinda doubt my issue was with him needing to show off his personality.  The broken record had to do with seeming to be saying the exact same things as he used to but in a cut and paste way, now.  Which made it even more irritating that someone else was going to come and literally cut and paste his ideas.   I mean, seriously, if that had been a woman coming to ILP and cut and pasting his ideas, what interesting and sad psychological twitching that would be.   Especially with the anticipatory victimized stance in there also.  Whatever you Believe about women, that would be someone who needs to get a Life.  That it was Satyr and some collective funneled through 'Sabina' is actually pleasant to hear.

Quote :
 but like he says there, even he can't help pointing out the real trolls derailing the threads were those 4, not 'Sabina'.
Even he can't help saying that... that's how openly they were trolling.
It wasn't like some weird compulsion took me over and I found myself typing.  
I was somewhat curious to see if there was an independent mind in Sabina and to see what she had to say, for herself, if anything.   They created a very large amount of noise and distraction.  And while I could sympathize with irritation aimed at what 'Sabina' was supposed to be, there's not much need to express that irritation more than once.  Ignore is a perfect function for that.

I would be interested to see what would happen if Satry came over there, to see if something has developed in his positions and approach.

Seem like a no lose situation, except for the mods who will have to be like police at a rock Concert for a while.  But that would just be a phase.

Quote :
'Sabina' only exposed how its they who are obsessed with personality cults.
Satyr was banned for it, for being unable to exchange views "rationally" as they put it.
It took a very polite and content-focussed 'Sabina' to show Satyr's ban had nothing to do with personality. ILP remains the shithole of hypocrisy.
Its the content and the view that pricks them.
Its the honest take and presentation of reality that irks them.

Who can seriously believe anymore now, that Satyr's ban had to do with "the way he presented his ideas".
Its not just the man 'Satyr' I refer to here, but the phenomenon - any debater going there, speaking with civility and engaging in discussions rationally, logically, realistically, will still get banned because the Views, the political incorrectness of views is what they cannot tolerate, not the manner of presentation as was their claim.
'Sabina' puts this fictitious allegation to rest forever.
Nah.  If you are permabanned, then it does not matter if you are polite, once they figure out who you are they will get rid of you.   This has happened with people whose ideas were hardly challenging.   I doubt Humean read through Sabina's posts to see if Satyr was following rules.  Or was shocked at the Power of his ideas and threatened by them.  I Think it was....  Oh, it's Satyr...gone.   There's no need to make it more dramatic or consider it proof and start waving flags.

If Satyr is allowed in I'll mod the mods - not that I have any special Power there -  and Point out hypocrisy if he is held to a higher standard.  Or if others are allowed to simply bombard him with insults and ad homs. I suspect those of us pushing for his return will not be successful, but who knows.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Lyssa wrote:

Exactly. Moreno says, he "knows" all about Feminization
Um, no I did not. I did say that the idea of feminization of man must include acceptance of some degree of Construction.

Saw this in passing. Keep up with those assumptions, which are working for ya.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Satyr, many pardons for taking what you said in ILP as honest.   You seemed Confident you could be yourself there and that the problem was really other people reacting to Satyr.   I now see you Think you could only be there watered-down and don't actually want to be there. You were just out helping people with a strafing run or Lyssa was or something.   I have trouble keeping track of all the contradictory statements but I am sure it doesn't matter.

Nice mind Reading by the way in this thread.   My motives, what I am thinking, what I Believe, why I came here, what is going on with me.   Some people might question their psychic ability when it always channels in information flattering to themselves or their viewpoint.   But in your case you are right to just keep what I once thought was silly and still do.

But it's good you've found a Place where people take that stuff seriously.  A niche. A Culture. All Cultures have their limits and footbinding.

Last edited by Callosum on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Lyssa wrote:
Callosum wrote:
Lyssa wrote:

Exactly. Moreno says, he "knows" all about Feminization
Um, no I did not.   I did say that the idea of feminization of man must include acceptance of some degree of Construction.

Saw this in passing.  Keep up with those assumptions, which are working for ya.
Is that an assumption, or did you not say the last time, how he sounded like a broken record repeating the same things you've already heard and how you know gender construction is certainly a part of Feminization happening.
If you think Feminization is not just that much, then why keep repeating he's got nothing new to offer?

Laterz.
 I did not say that Feminization is not that much.  Maybe you are assuming he is the only person with that idea? Or by not much you mean is a significant phenomenon or not.  I don't know which or what you mean. I didn't actually weigh in on the extent of the phenomenon. That was not relevent to my Point.  From there this post of yours makes Little sense.   If an idea is not that much, one can have nothing new to offer if one repeats it.  AND: If feminization is a significant thing, one can nothing new to offer if one keeps pushing the same Point.  I am not sure I keep repeating he has nothing to offer either.   I don't Think you read what I write very well.  Which is fine, by the way.   If you want to know what I was doing when I criticised him in the broken record post, you can find it in the thread Satyr Pardon in response to Von River.

But look, Everything seems to be nicely resolved.

Satyr just wants to drop in sometimes to demonstrate the hypocrisy, which he can do as a banned person.

You guys can have the Culture of mind Reading and your odd hermeneutics which you obviously appreciate even if it runs counter to your beliefs about what is possible. (and of course everyone should want to be in such a Culture)

Everyone wins.

I am actually surprised by how everyone's wishes can be met.  This is rare.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: and really.... Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Why is it so important to defend Lyssa's mistakes?  

Sure, one can generalize, one can generalize about ilp.   But she was not simply generalizing, she was assuming that I would have a certain position.  One not held by a number of people.  One of the 10% if your Estimates are correct.   That was a stupid assumption.   Not that she characterized the forum a certain way.

Know thyself, Satyr, but only in moderation.

The part of your posts questioning why I post there, however, does have merit. That I will mull over.

Take care.

Bye.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Dear Satyr,
I know via email that you have sent me a PM. What a priviledge! But given, I realized, that you know what I am really thinking, why I really do things, what I am up to, what I am avoiding, it really makes more sense for you to handle our dialogue on your own. So I didn't bother to read it. You would know my side better than I do, and I would only muddle things with my more limited view of what I think and my motivations etc.

Once I would have said that this was part of a kind of solipsism on your part, seeing your own mind when looking at others, I now realize how efficient this is for everyone, and explains some of the efficiency, and perhaps claustrophobia, of knowthyself. A little bit like the scene where everyone is John Malkovich in the restaurant, only in this case it is more like you are Solaris simply trying to help.

All the best,
C
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:20 pm

The wordcount for "Mensa" (excluding quotes) is into double figures on this page alone, condensed into only 3 posts, all by Satyr. It comes across as though he is intimidated by the qualification.

And it's an important distinction to be hung up on: the difference between deduction, induction and abduction. It's good to see this level of concern about how much one uses each type of reasoning. Is one type any "better" than another? No, but the level of certainty that can be attributed to conclusions derived from each type varies significantly.
Certainty + deduction? Of course.
Certainty + induction? No, but at least you have the support of all the evidence going.
Certainty + abduction? Not at all, with simply one explanation, deemed "probable", of potentially many.

You will notice that I open with an example of abductive reasoning. Do I attribute certainty? Certainly not. Contrast this with the following judgment:

Satyr wrote:
He wanted attention.
He went through the internet trying to find a catch to box the bad guys in; trap them to make them harmless for himself.
He shared, as is typical, with his fellow members of the same mindset.
This is in response to an assertation about the relationship between members of this forum and their use of abductive reasoning. It is deemed "probable" but there are many other explanations for such an assertation. Yet the abductive conclusion is presented with absolute certainty.

If I were to generalise, I find I can comfortably associate a field of knowledge with each different type of reasoning: Mathematics with deduction, Natural Sciences with induction and Social Sciences with abduction. This is not to say that deduction cannot be used within the Sciences, or even induction within the Social Sciences - accepting any given premises and if relevant data were sufficiently manipulated to allow this. Psychological inferences about the mental state of another lies firmly within the Social Sciences. One must acknowledge the abductive nature of any conclusions thus derived, given an instance or set of instances of their behaviour/words - if one is to be intellectually honest (assuming this is the goal, and it very well may not be, nor should it necessarily be).

Upon review of the material supplied by Silhouette, it is apparent that examples have been given of the abductive reasoning by members of this forum, despite any initial focus on members finding their own examples. It is worth noting that "fetish" doesn't necessarily imply a sexual response, and that an "exclusive fetish" does not necessitate an exclusive reliance on abduction - only an exclusive fetish towards it. I don't believe the poster in question has retracted or has had any need to retract any element of their observation, which appears to be presented entirely rationally as opposed to emotionally.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Damn, Lie-ssa...You really went out of your way with that posting didn't ya? I bet you typed all of that with a ferocious intensity too. Victory has defeated you.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:19 am

Anfang, you would make a great eunuch.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:44 am

It's bullshit, no doubt.

But I do find her antics amusing.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Anfang, you know something.....you're right.

I don't know what's been going through my head lately...This self-unawareness that you speak of makes sense...I feel disconnected from myself. Almost like a dissociative personality disorder. Maybe my pride has been deluding myself....perhaps.

I don't know what to do anymore....please, HELP ME!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HELP!!!!
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:06 pm

My impression of most members here is one of pompous-ass, nose in the air snobbery. Some members are okay, but most who interact with me have aires of superiority, highly exaggerated ones. They think they truly are aristocratic elitists ha! Fools.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Satyr wrote:
Primal Rage wrote:
My impression of most members here is one of pompous-ass, nose in the air snobbery. Some members are okay, but most who interact with me have aires of superiority, highly exaggerated ones. They think they truly are aristocratic elitists ha! Fools.
Your sense of insecurity aside...dear boy....wherever you go a hierarchy will be present.
Within each hierarchy, no matter what it bases its ideals upon, there will always be an elite.

Whomever is selling you these ideas of a world with no superior and inferior, has already mind-fucked you.
Bench-press some more weight and cavort with those you sense, in your bones, a kinship with.

Move on.
There's nothing for you here.

Ah, so you have finally acquired the requisite courage to tell me directly, Satire. Very good.

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Evidently.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Evidently, a lot in your case, goat-man.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Want to call me " turd" now? I know it's a favorite of yours.

It feels good doesn't it? Letting out all the pent up anger. Continue...

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Satyr,

I don't want to leave off on bad terms, so I will apologize here for my childish behavior. I have a lot of respect for you even if it may not seem so. I've enjoyed watching your videos and reading your posts. I won't post here on KTS too much for now on. But, yeah, I will come visit once in a while and say hello. Take care, man. Good luck with your message. May it be eternal!

Adios
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:46 am

What is ILP?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 2:44 am

I found this forum by your youtube channel, and found your videos by accident. You have a huge number of topics, that have been on my mind. I've found many answers that have helped me clear my thoughts. This is the true purpose why I came here.

I dont believe in absolutes, as I feel my capacity is not sufficiant to see the whole picture. In a sense I would call myself a relativist. I believe that there is an absolute truth, but human has limited brain capacity to understand reality and nature. Am I right or wrong, and is there more to it? Where does one draw the line?

For me intelligence has always been honesty + problem solving ability. No problems can be solved if there is no honesty behind the recognition of the initial problem. I see problem as a "concept", a concept of difficulties in life in general. A Problem can be many things; personal issue, social issue, mathematical puzzles, philosophical, or material. To be an intelligent person is to deal with a problem sufficiently, quickly, without an effort. Where others have failed to solve a problem, intelligent individual finds solutions.

For me IQ numbers are irrelevant as I dont see any substance. Chess game is not representing intelligent. It's a symbol of hard an long road of work; memorisation, theory, and of course mental capacity. Just because one is good at chess, doesn't make him good or intelligent on other subjects. Chess is irrelevant in life, a human construction.

One of my best friends from childhood has mental skills superior to mine. He has superior memory, and he can differentiate differences much better. Where I see sameness, he sees differences. He can solves all kinds of puzzles, but he cant solve the most important puzzle in his life, which is his present stage of existance. He is a hedonist, depressed, lonely, unemployed, and an alcoholist. He lives in the present, and has no hope for a good future as he doesn't build and construct anything for a future. Your discriptions of a nihilist hit him spot on, and discribes him perfectly.

My point was, that his genetic potential is being wasted because of bad parenting, society, and cultural influences that have infected him with the mental virus called nihilism.

I might be too emotionally attached to the idea, that I can save my friends and my people, and try to expose liberal, marxist, and the humanistic lies, which spread this nihilism. This is why I find myself holding the idea of "populist", even thou I would call myself a elitist, an aristocrat.

I support socialistic nationalism. I dont believe in equality, but I do feel that I should help my race, my culture, and my nation/people. In that sense I have this populistic meme in my head, and I know it's totally emotional, and mostly irrational. I feel like I should help my fellow man, but I see this whole humanism/world as a too big of a group to have sympathy over. I'm a nationalist not always for the sake of them, then for the sake of myself, and my children. As I see that the national public is the final defence against the collectie forces of globalism and multiculturalism. I feel that unified we are strong, but divided we fall.

Where do I draw the line? Is there a line between colletivism and induvidualism/elitism and populism?

And for a final question. What is the difference between selfishness and narsicism? Is it the emotional distachement, and how does it differ from psychopathy/sociopathy? In my personal opservation all those terms are used to discredit all personal ego, masculine self identification, and national/racial identification. Where do you draw the line? I myself have concluded that it's the slave/master morality, or power hierarchy and the responsibility coming from the power hierarchy. In some cases I agree with the "might is right", as the master is the one making a truly moral decision, as the slave will always be shackled to good/evil - us/them dualistic way of thinking.

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Satyr wrote:

There, they are still exploring reality using the nature, erasing, glasses, they purchased at Walmart.

It was target, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forums - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next