Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Not with us around... so much distraction.... evil vixens.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:23 pm

I know you're an idiot, and that is all I need.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:42 pm

reasonvemotion wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:

Quote :

Or are you just another pin up doll?

Don't you men ever think about anything important?

All the time sweet cheeks once you get to know me.

Take female physiology for instance......  Razz 
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Æon wrote:
Allemotion noreason is not SilentSoliloquy.

I don't know who phonee is, but she has done her homework.  She has the down low on me, for all the advantage that provides her (none).

Too bad.  There was a woman I'd like to get my hands and mind into.

She had a style for deranged craziness that I could really appreciate.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Not with us around... so much distraction.... evil vixens.

You would know all about instigating bitchery, right?  clown

Behold our resident expert on the discipline.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Satyr wrote:
Morons always think I am suggesting a change...because that's the only thing they crave.

In fact I've never suggested a revolution, a utopia, a thou shalt...because I want nothing to change, and i want nobody to change.
The average moron is so dissatisfied with himself and life that he must dream of change as a positive force, that will, finally, help him attain the ideal he dreams of.

This ideal might come on the form of a Being, an absolute end in ORDER, or as a emptiness, an absolute end in RANDOMNESS, which would mean an end to consciousness.
An end, in both cases.

I'll repeat this for the thousandth time:
When a man lives in a jungle, when explores his circumstances, categorizes the phenomena he perceives around him, he analyzes them, places them in relation to one another and not once does he dream of burning it all down, or paving it over to build a mall.

Although, in this case, we are in the mall...and I am analyzing how these walls prevent me from seeing outside, and how this climate control and this stone floor makes me live in the illusion that reality is smooth and flat, and hovering around 20 degrees celsius.

I would not change a thing.  

You might be content with nothing changing sitting around as a sideline critic that amuses himself but you cannot expect others to share those same inclinations.

Others are not so content.....
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Satyr wrote:
If I were in the wild and I commented on how dull bovines are, and the bovine understood, would it accuse me of being negative, critical, or trying to convert it?

If I described a particular mushroom as poisonous, would that imply that I wanted to get rid of that type of mushroom from the face of the earth?

Would my analysis express a bitterness about how these organisms are?

So, you're content to be a narrator or observer?

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 6:07 pm

At best Satyr it sounds a lot like resignation from the world and at worst voyuerism.

Don't you have an ideal society or civilization you would like imposed onto the world?

Why not will it into existence?

I personally have no desire just sitting around on the sidelines in talking or writing about this dystopian world of ours.  I have some of my own plans for this world in the making.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Satyr wrote:
LaughingMan wrote:
At best Satyr it sounds a lot like resignation from the world and at worst voyuerism.
When a scientist studies apes, he too is practicing voyeurism.

LaughingMan wrote:
Don't you have an ideal society or civilization you would like imposed onto the world?
Yes, when I was ten.

LaughingMan wrote:
Why not will it into existence?
Um, because I'm not a delusional, arrogant, imbecile who hates life and himself.  

LaughingMan wrote:
I personally have no desire just sitting around on the sidelines in talking or writing about this dystopian world of ours.  I have some of my own plans for this world in the making.
Forgive me for admitting that every time I read your posts, and those of most others, I becomes more resigned.

Your plans are what increase my sense of hopelessness and misanthropy.
Not that they will ever come true, but only knowing that there are minds out there that think them.

Satyr thinks of himself as an observing scientist or philosopher staring out the window from his study where because of this thinks of himself as superior to everybody else.

Very insightful.

He ridicules anybody that desires change or that aspires to initiate it but idolizes himself upon resignation and observing living a completely neutral lifestyle void of any action.

Interesting.

Satyr, are you a Buddhist monk?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:06 pm

There Will Be Blood wrote:

Good movie by the way. I see your bishop with my knight...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:26 am

Satyr wrote:
Change boy?
You want destruction.

How I affect change, in a direction, is none of your concern.
This forum is a hint.
I've already made a small contribution, I think, from this little corner of nowhere.

If I were only observing I would have no home, no son, no forum...I would not write or share my views.

You had a child though you despise life. You brought life into a world you then dream will end - that's how fucked up you are....or are you simply a hypocrite?
This 'shock and awe' method is really a call for attention.
You have no other way to be noticed so you make the same over the top claims to stir up emotions that will make eyes turn upon you.
I don't think you even believe half the shit you say.

The Joker?
The Joker is a caricature wanting chaos. He did not bring a child into the world he wants to then destroy, nor does he want the world to end.
He does not even want Batman dead, you imbecile.
He is an agent of chaos, and you a worshiper of it.
He instigates chaos you wait for it to happen, prey for it, dream of it...and you tell me I'm on the sidelines.
Fuck off boy.
You can't tell the difference between analysis and complaining, because for you, as with all imbeciles, to see the truth, the negative parts, is to hate, to want them destroyed....you cannot separate your judgments from your interests.

Why would I want what I've spent decades studying to alter, forcing me to begin anew, you imbecile?

Now you run along, little boy, and proclaim the 'end of times'...as you did three years ago, and will do three years from now....

I tried being nice and respectful in our exchanges but you just had to make things into hostility, didn't you?  Well, off comes the kid gloves where I shall restrain myself around you no more.

I was trying to be a nice house guest here but something in the back of mind always told me that you weren't going to keep things very courteous for long.

I'll give you something to chew and ponder on old goat.  clown 

Now, before you think about banning me or restricting me to the dungeon area which I'm sure you're just mulling over in your head right now try to think of how so very much different you are in comparison to Carleas and ILP.

Can you do that for me buddy?

You know how they restrict people's posts and threads to the rant section over there.

Of course if you do either of those things you will only show your true colors in behaving in the same manner of those you previously condemned. It would be the ultimate form of hypocrisy where I would enjoy that very much. I'd get a good laugh out of it for sure.

You could prove me incorrect also on my assertions.  Time will tell.  Twisted Evil 

Quote :
Change boy?
You want destruction.

Creative destruction......

Quote :
How I affect change, in a direction, is none of your concern.
This forum is a hint.

Mysticism.  Do I have to be one of the initiated to know how?

Quote :
I've already made a small contribution, I think, from this little corner of nowhere.

Do tell.

Quote :
If I were only observing I would have no home, no son, no forum...I would not write or share my views.

Spare me of stories of Mayberry or your Brady Bunch lifestyle.

You and I both know our writings will not affect change whatsoever on this world.

If anything our writing is a useful distraction meant to entertain and enlighten ourselves.

Quote :
You had a child though you despise life. You brought life into a world you then dream will end - that's how fucked up you are....or are you simply a hypocrite?

Quit trying to pretend to know details of my private life or affairs.

Quote :
This 'shock and awe' method is really a call for attention.
You have no other way to be noticed so you make the same over the top claims to stir up emotions that will make eyes turn upon you.
I don't think you even believe half the shit you say.

The joke is on you then.....

Quote :
The Joker?
   The Joker is a caricature wanting chaos. He did not bring a child into the world he wants to then destroy, nor does he want the world to end.

Look, I like the fictional persona or character.  It doesn't mean I plan out my entire life based upon a fictional character.  Sheesh......some people.

I don't want the world to end.  I just want it to change in something else that I don't hate all that much like the current one.

Quote :
He does not even want Batman dead, you imbecile.

Of course he didn't.  Batman was the ultimate symbol of hypocrisy by all the so called 'do gooders' of authority.  It was much more fun to keep him alive and watch him suffer in humiliating torment. Duh.

Having him around gave the Joker more meaning to his own acts as a part of some greater fulfilling purpose.

I wonder Satyr, could you be my real life Batman nemesis?  clown  Razz 

Are you really a cape crusader?

Quote :
He is an agent of chaos, and you a worshiper of it.

No, he worships it also. Read the comic books.  Laughing 

Quote :
He instigates chaos you wait for it to happen, prey for it, dream of it...and you tell me I'm on the sidelines.

I'm taking a prolonged siesta.  In time I may very well become an instigator myself.

I'm young.  Give it time.

Quote :
Fuck off boy.

Don't talk dirty to me. It belittles you.

Quote :
You can't tell the difference between analysis and complaining, because for you, as with all imbeciles, to see the truth, the negative parts, is to hate, to want them destroyed....you cannot separate your judgments from your interests.

I'm a critic.  It's what I do.   I like criticizing and deconstructing things.

What else should I do?  Volunteer at a hospital with my spare time?

Quote :
Why would I want what I've spent decades studying to alter, forcing me to begin anew, you imbecile?

Alter how?  Please explain.

Quote :
Now you run along, little boy, and proclaim the 'end of times'...as you did three years ago, and will do three years from now....

In the last three years I haven't been disappointed either.

Well, I'm somewhat disappointed that it is taking so long but what can you do with a slow motion train wreck?

It's too bad that you only read philosophy books and are completely tone deaf to global current events.  If you weren't you would understand just how much of a stupid comment that is.

In case you're wondering I do have an apocalypse hat all prepped up to wear when the day comes. I keep it in my closet for safe keeping.

It's right next to a box of stored popcorn.

Last edited by LaughingMan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:17 am

Hello, my name is Lev Muishkin

I'm a neo liberal that loves sucking the fat dick of authority where I'm here to tell you about egalitarianism and how you're wrong on just about everything.

For hobbies I like smelling my own farts.

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Ierrellus

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Magsj as Whoopi Goldberg

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Uccisore as Glenn Beck

[/b]

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Mr. Reasonable as Malibu's Most Wanted

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:10 am

Quote :
Smears and Blurry Getting Married! :-) :-) :-)

I always secretly hoped Smears would get up the courage and ask Blurry to get married, and they could move to Minnesota, on a lake by a creek, and build a cabin together in the spring, and vow to live the rest of their lives together, in love, holy matrimony.

Everyday, Smears could lumberjack firewood, with his muscular frame as blurry hand washed the laundry watching him, and Smears could take their child, Smuggy, out to the creek to fish, wading out to the slow moving rapids, catching trout.

In the cold of winter, they could snuggle together, looking at the frigid sun set slowly on the horizon, red light shinning through the trees, dancing across the hand made quilt..... two hands, young, and then quite elderly in a instant, a lifetime spent in a expression of their undying support and ever continuing love.

'I love you' Old Smears would say to Old Blurry, "I love you too Smears, we've had 50 years of excellent, passionate sex together here in the Minnesota Wilderness". They would then awkwardly tongue one another, never quite getting it in the others mouth, while both fart oh so sweet, sulfer laiden farts from the medicine they take, to extend their love another 50 years.

With future medicine, such a love could go on for centuries.

So..... whats stopping the two of you. Get down and dirty, and make some hot monkey love. A little Barry White background music. Smears in his Sponge Bob Square Pants underwear before the bed. Blurry, with her face pixel blurred like on cops, lying in bed, come hither......

I'll get they two of you a two man saw as a wedding present. Do it for Smuggy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:16 am

Kriswest as Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:34 am

Blurry as Vancome Lady

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:43 am

Only Humean As Stuart

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 pm

A debate I had with Blurry on ILP:

Blurry wrote: "YOU are the selector ( referring to a female member of ILP: PhilosophyGirl ). You carry the child, you birth the child, your influence, presence, and care is most important in the child's life. Nature gave you the upper hand when it gave you a vagina, and men spend so much time trying to conquer women because they know this. They are, and always will be, by their very definition, the disposable sex. Their presense is required for mere moments in the entire span of a lifetime, and with continued medical advances, they may not even be required for that in the future."

Response: Nature gave women the upper hand because they have a vagina? Is this insinuating superiority due to being, generally, the sexual-selector? Okay, I can acknowledge that most females are " superior " in that regard ( superior seems like a misnomer, but I will play along ). But why do men try to " conquer " females because of this?

Blurry wrote: " The fact of the matter is, all that is needed from a man to perpetuate the species is his sperm. A woman quite literally grows her child, and turns her own body into food for that child, since the beginning of time a mother has been vital to not just the making of a child, but to it's continued existence and care."

Response: Not true; perpetuating the species is not, merely, about procreation, but maintenance. Men protect the tribe, they are the warriors and hunters. No warriors leaves the tribe vulnerable to beasts of prey, and other savages. And like I said before, Fathers play a very important role in the development of children, especially young boys.

Blurry wrote: "If men had never existed, if sperm wasn't necessary for reproduction, or just say if since the beginning of mankind, we had locked away all the men and only allowed them out for breeding purposes, would the world have ceased to exist? No one knows, but I have a feeling it wouldn't. Women are smart, adaptable creatures who are fully capable of finding ways to survive and thrive in society, and really, where does the biggest threat to women come from? What is it that women most need to be protected from?"

Response: This is a double edged sword; Imagine if men could lay eggs, and didn't need females for procreation. Would the world continue on if females ceased to exist? I have a feeling it would. Men are smart, adaptable creatures who are fully capable of finding ways to survive and thrive in society.

PS: women are, more or less, just as violent as men, it's just that they are more subtle about it, and society sort of plays down their violence due to romantic-idealist perceptions of female nature, i.e., Snow White complex.

---------------------------------------------

She hasn't responded since.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Erik on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forums - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8