Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Forums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Anybody check out that bitch Blurred Savant hounding me lately in that one thread entitled "I have reached Seattle WA" under ILP's mundane section?

I'm going to put the smack down on her later today. Stay in tuned to watch for it later.

Got to say I like what you have done with the place here Satyr when it concerns this forum.

Think of me as your new active participating member.

I like the place and since I don't have to worry about political correctness here my full cynicism along with my obnoxious vulgarities actually has a chance to flourish here unadulterated.

That alone makes me smile.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

TheJoker wrote:
Anybody check out that bitch Blurred Savant hounding me lately in that one thread entitled "I have reached Seattle WA" under ILP's mundane section?

I'm going to put the smack down on her later today. Stay in tuned to watch for it later.

Got to say I like what you have done with the place here Satyr when it concerns this forum.

I like the place and since I don't have to worry about political correctness here my full cynicism along with my obnoxious vulgarities actually has a chance to flourish here unadulterated.

Very Happy Aw, why so angry, Joker? You must realize I've been trolling you.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 pm

But she has crabs.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:02 pm

See? High school. I see a touch of grade school in there as well.

You two are so cute. Meant for one another, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 pm

:[
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

BlurredSavant wrote:
TheJoker wrote:

Very Happy Aw, why so angry, Joker? You must realize I've been trolling you.

Your the kind of person that I wish would pick up the hobby of running around in traffic.

Quote :
Satyr: No hold barred thinking here, me-boy.

Stop thinking or begin reciting the poems you learn din school or on your momma's lap and you'll soon feel the pain.

Think of ILP as a farm.
Tame, trained, domesticated animals with a few hound-dogs running around.

When hunting is sparse we sometimes come out of the woods and go for the easy prey.

Good to know. Smile

Quote :
Which means: she likes you.
I hope not.

Quote :
But she has crabs.
I bet she hasn't got laid in years.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Σατυρ wrote:
This is where the douche-bag exposes himself:
Fausty wrote:
This kind of question is a very good example of why you must first establish what fairness means. Fairness is a construct.
Indeed.
And so all actions are subjective interpretations of what this construct means.

This makes the douche-bag an open book of insecurity.

How happy he is when he banns and returns his forum to the state of justice.
Even when he justifies his actions he unbuckles his pants and lets them down a little, so that we might catch a peak of his crack.

See why I love places like ILP?

Alot of modern philosophy is filled with inconsistencies, contradictions, and nonsense especially when it concerns the social spectrum. Faust as a modern academic working within a college is just but one member that represents all of it.

This is why I prefer the philosopher on the street versus the one of the institution because unlike the institutional thinker the one on the street has actually expirienced reality and the world around them.

The one of the institution isolates themselves in insulation of the upper society that they live in behind protected sheltered walls. What the fuck do they know of the world around them?

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:19 pm

ILP has become a hollowed out rancid corpse with flies buzzing about since alot of people left them. Fuck'em.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi people, Quetzalcoatl here Smile

So what’s this forum all about?

Rant at ilp?

More freedom?

more | intelligence/wisdom?

Trouble is that ilp is well known and visited by many people from other forums/elsewhere, and such forums like that play more a part in the ‘circle of knowledge’.
So what you all doing on a forum without the fame factor lol! don’t people come to forums because they think it makes them important and that the world is watching [which may actually be true in a small way [cites arab spring {face book and forums etc played a part in}]].

So whats it all about; a gentlemans club [with ladies]?

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Yep true, so the idea is to not have any such things? Probably a good idea but sometimes I feel that people just go over the top, well anyways I’ll take a look around and see.
Smile
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Σατυρ wrote:
Exclusive clubs have particular memberships.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And remember rule #1...

Morality is for losers.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Quote :
And remember rule #1...

Morality is for losers.

Still a rule tho, intelligent people aren’t ‘moral’ or are contained within beliefs to a particular bent political or religious etc. ..if that’s along the lines you meant?

Every landscape has its own vocabulary; morals etc don’t respond to the flexibility presented by the world, one needs to be adaptable.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Such seething animosity Satyr, bravo. Well unfortunately I didn't find anything in this thread for you to call me out on, I was looking forward to a searing critique of this nature. Nonetheless, this was somewhat entertaining. Although I wonder if these are you real thoughts or your "character's"?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Σατυρ wrote:
Why, was this about you?
I thought I was commenting on ILP.

Weakness pretending to be something it is not, always irks me.

Thing is my "persona" is part of me...not a fabrication.
Not me completely, but a part of me no less.
Why does it matter?
is my critique correct or not?
Is the idea correct or not?

Why delve on motives before you explore the thought?
This is reverse reasoning...the top down approach.

First punch holes in my reasoning, then tell me why you think ?I made these mistakes.

Reminds me of those morons populating those usual places who, having nothing to say about my opinions, the substance, focus on the insults so as to dismiss me without having to respond.
So, I am a troll, and that's all that matters. They need not respond, because they cannot.

If I post a well-crafted argument to some inanity they posted and then include in the post the word "retard" then all that mattes is that word.
Nothing else will be talked about.
Banishment follows.

Oh well.
Of course I didn't think it was about me. I was hoping to find something though, that's all. Its quite spectacular to be able to generate such animosity, although that isn't my goal. I don't know much about your situation or about your critique and the history between you and those you did critique, although I didn't read every word (after all there is quite a lot that you have written here and it doesn't seem to concern me so much) but I did find your position intriguing. I couldn't say I agree or disagree with anything, which I would state out of ignorance of the entire picture. Anyways I find they think "retard" to be rather spurious and unnecessary it seems they would prefer to keep emotions out of it. Anyways not being able to say retard doesn't seem to be the reason behind your criticism.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:24 am

ILP can suck my balls and nut sack.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Just out of interest, some posters there seam to think they are in a special league [or needs], and that posters like me don’t even belong on a philosophy forum.

Is that true? Just trying to iron out an insecurity due to my lack of formal training [which will change soon if/when I go to oxford]. Be brutally honest!
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:04 pm

attila of nazareth wrote:
Just out of interest, some posters there seam to think they are in a special league [or needs], and that posters like me don’t even belong on a philosophy forum.

Is that true? Just trying to iron out an insecurity due to my lack of formal training [which will change soon if/when I go to oxford]. Be brutally honest!

Philosophy is just articulated opinions.

Everybody has a opinion some more well researched and experienced than others.

Your fine as far as I'm concerned. Don't sweat it.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Ok thanks, I’ll put it down to their ego’s then.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:25 pm

i quite agree
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:37 am

Σατυρ wrote:
My specimen jar will be ILP.

All are welcomed to contribute.

It may well be, satyr.

But it has thus far produced nothing.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 am

A ressentiment thread on ILP.
A ressentiment thread on Sciforums.

I get it. Demonstrations of N's ideas.

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Satyr wrote:
In time I gave up on the idea of sharing my views and only used them as a way of discovering the few who were receptive to them and capable of understanding them.
I began using places like ILP, ILO, Sciforums and others, as places with large memberships where those rare gems could be found.

In other words, what you wanted were disciples rather than colleages.

I'm sorry, Satyr. I've been telling myself lately that I am going to try to quit beating on you (I'm getting a little sick of myself doing it) and try to seriously respond to your points. But this one just offered itself up to me.

I couldn't help it, brother.

But I will try a little harder in the future.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Poison IV wrote:
Σατυρ wrote:
Exclusive clubs have particular memberships.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And remember rule #1...

Morality is for losers.

Sweetheart:

always a pleasure looking at you.

I know what is behind the mask.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Satyr wrote:

Weakness pretending to be something it is not, always irks me.

Clearly: a lot of things irk you, Satyr.

And what psychic powers, exactly, have lead you to the conclusion that WW3 is weak?

I mean are you somehow sure, based on what he might do here, that he is somehow weak in life? Do you live with WW3?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 pm

But let's look for something real to play around with -that is PLay being an essential element of the universe -metaphysics being just the kind of thing that pisses you off.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Satyr wrote:
Reminds me of those morons populating those usual places who, having nothing to say about my opinions, the substance, focus on the insults so as to dismiss me without having to respond.
So, I am a troll, and that's all that matters. They need not respond, because they cannot.

If I post a well-crafted argument to some inanity they posted and then include in the post the word "retard" then all that mattes is that word.
Nothing else will be talked about.
Banishment follows.

I get what you are arguing here. But I’m having a hard time try to find a real argument with substance. It seems to me that you are just as focused on being a troll as people are on you being one. So you being, from what I gather, a more libertarian type, you might want to consider exercising a little accountability –much as you expect liberals too.

Secondly, if I walked up to you and called you a stupid little prick, troll, then proceeded into an exposition the equivalent of anything written throughout the history of philosophy, what would you focus on? I mean what is it that you have to say that is so important that people would put up with abuse to get to it? You’re in to the raw truth, so let’s get to a little: it’s just fucking philosophy, satyr. It doesn’t make me money. It certainly doesn’t get me laid. And for all of Pope’s talk about knowledge being power, it doesn’t get me, or you, a lot of political power. So what would you have to say that would be so important to me that I would be willing to put up with you referring to me as a “retard”? Once again, we come up against that issue of accountability that you satanic libertarians are so fond of. For a guy that claims to know so much about human nature and "knowing Thyself", one would think you would be a little more successful at this than you actually are.

Oh! And what exactly are those "usual places"?
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Nevrtheless, I'll look around for something with a little more substance than this.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Satyr wrote:
That presently I have no interest in weeding through all the crap there to find those gems that show feminizatrion in action or what dumbing-down looks like in real life, or how conformity and tolerating stupidity leads to a lowering of standards, or how all-inclusion results in a continuous search for the middle-ground, the mediocre, and this slips further down the more we reach for it, is just a recent development.

Now here’s something I can talk to:

Baudrillard argues that there is nothing new to be done, that all we can do is play with the fragments of history. And I do agree with you to the extent that what has resulted is a lack of differentiation. It is almost as if artists have taken Baudrillard’s proclamation as license to just sit around rehash the same old shit. At the same time, the technology referring to what works has evolved to a point that it would be easy to see why people would settle for it. To give a couple of examples:

One of the things I’ve noticed is that concerts tend to be more consistently good than they ever were back in the 70’s and early 80’s. This could be because my sensitivity to it has grown since then. But I suspect this is because the technology behind live music has evolved –both in a hardware and software sense.

To give you another example, I listen to the internet station Groove Salad (an ambient jazz station) a lot. And one of the things I’ve noticed is that a lot of it sounds good. There is a consistent quality about it. The problem is that the quality is so consistent; it all loses the differentiation of that “one great song”. I just don’t get the kind of personal classics I use to.

So here’s my conclusion (and I think you might agree with me –if you’re being honest):

As true as Baudrillard’s statement might be, I’m not sure artists have a right to settle for it. And I know it’s a tough task to take on (and possibly quite dangerous). It’s a little like trying to push beyond an elastic barrier –what Lacan would call a Hymen. You slam into it, your face completely immersed in it until you push as far as you can, only to feel yourself pulled back. One can only imagine the frustration and energy this must involve, energy that must be taken from basic needs. But it must be done.

And I think you would also agree with me that there are very few among us that would be willing to make that sacrifice. And even those that would, they would have to, at some point or other, feel some hesitation about it.

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Where I adamently differ with you, though, is this precarious neo-neitzcheian notion that such an individual would require some kind of every-man-for-themself environment to acheive such a thing. In fact, they may actually require the support of a just safety net, or a society in which life is looked at as an ends rather than a means.

All I believe it will take is an individual that decides to justify their point A to point B by doing something beyond anything any other human has done before.
Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Satyr wrote:

Just the douche-bag's (Fausty) obsession with banishing me from his little party, where all are invited. The justifications he offers and the argument he uses is reward enough.

Imagine if you will a party where the host wishes to indulge in intellectual discourse - hypothetically - but then invites any moron out there, reducing the get-together to an orgy of social banter, sexual overtones and the usual social conventions.
Imagine you crashing the party and telling him, and them, the truth and then getting kicked out of it, time and time again, with the excuse that all should be included because noise is better than silence and that you are too disruptive to the many.

And here we are again: the satyr we know and love so well.

He's tanned, he's rested, he's back.

Now let's imagine being at a party. Everyone is having a good time and love is in the air. Then, all of sudden, the party gets crashed by a pack of neo-Nazi's. Suddenly, an air of anxiety fills the room. The leader sits down in the middle of a group that were previously happily chatting away. He, of course, acts like he is just trying to engage in in a polite conversation; but no matter what is said, he interjects with his version of "the truth" that nobody wants to face. And all the while, he is looking at you with cross-hairs in his eyes. And anytime someone calls him on his bullshit, he throws up his hands and says "hey, I'm just trying to engage in a discourse here; you're the one who is getting hostile."

Now once again, Satyr, what is this truth that would be so important that people would set aside their enjoyment for it? What is so important to understand that anyone should tolerate the discomfort and debasement to get to? Especially when they were having such a good time before.

Here is the uncomfortable "Truth" as I see it:

Consistent with your glass-half-empty personality, you have a way of seeing half of what we will call for convenience, the truth. And that half is inevitably the dark one. You are right in that people do need to face uncomfortable "truths" in order to get a respectable understanding of things. But I'm not sure a party is the place for it. Nor is ILP since it's primary role in our intellectual development is as a kind of jam where everyone kind of bounces off each other and finds them self, that is while enjoying the company of others who have the same passion as them. No one is going to get famous there. No one is going to be discovered. It is just place where people go to reaffirm why it is they love it so much. And that is kind of hard to do with some asshole doing everything he can do to degrade you, who is reducing it to little more than a school-yard pissing contest.

The problem here, Satyr, is context: you are making these claims in the wrong environment. The appropriate environment for you, since you have this so-called Truth that everyone needs to have, would be by yourself writing a book. I always have to wonder why guys like you, who think they know something that everyone else doesn't, feel the only challenge they are up to is what is basically a kind of amateur hour -at least that would be the way you seem to see it. I mean why not take on the bigger challenge of those avenues in which you will have the possibility of being ordained by editorial authority? Given that you think the majority of us are below your level of understanding, why not seek out avenues that are closer to it?

The uncomfortable truth of it is, Satyr, that you are a bit of a Hypocrite. You call everyone else on their weakness. But perhaps you should take a good look at your own.

Last edited by d63tark on Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forums Forums - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forums
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next