Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Psychology 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

Psychology 101 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 10:19 am

If all value judgements are comparisons (juxtapositions), then the way out of master/slave dynamics is a detachment from conventional evaluating standards of co-dependence; the only way to not be enslaved is to not desire to become master of others. The first and foremost form of mastery a noble man can engage in is the form that wishes to gain mastery over himself.

http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 10:22 am

When one is dominated for a long time the anxiety of repressing oneself, to accommodate another, builds until the dominated one wants to release the energy by pushing away and/or pulling towards. If the dominant is too formidable, or the dominated feels vulnerable before it, the energy may be released towards a different direction, viz., towards someone less formidable, and/or someone or something outside the shared power relationship.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 10:27 am

Even a slave can feel proud of becoming a willing manifestation of the divine one’s mastery – within which its tormenting master is to be included; chosen to play the part of humble servant with masterful delight.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:10 am

Look at the emotional effect Luke Skywalker is having on adult males, and some females.
The power of myth.
Men need heroes to be inspired by.

This is what has been lost.

Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 pm

I side with the Jamesian. Even though he couldn’t resist plugging a politically correct propaganda message at the end; American academics despite studying philosophy and receiving their ‘elite’ training in it, never actually learn what it’s about and so they never learn how to look past their own simplistic indoctrination or biases.

In any case, Interesting that they fail to consider Stoical Temperance as a factor in emotion. Empirical stimuli is primarily what dominates. The mind must make sense of the physiological responses of emotion and in turn this influences the degree of intensity of them based on individual strengths and weaknesses of personality, manifesting a specific propensity of how emotion affects/effects both their body and mind. It is not equal, as Spinoza believed, but distinct to genetic factors of individuals and how they develop or don’t develop self-regulating skills to manage the stimuli of emotional states. Some are given over more to hysteria than others for a reason, not only because of physical reactions and mentalities, but precisely the differences of individual power over these faculties and how both are interacted with to produce a temperamental constitution that is either strong or weak, I.e., a crazy person, or sane person, rational person, or emotional person, etc.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 4:04 pm

An institutionalized psyche, having experienced what it imagines a father-figure would have be like, e.g., strict, cold, distant, disciplining, but also providing and protecting and offering structure and purpose – will want to return to that which it fears and now is becoming fond of.
From Abraham's totalitarian one-god, to a totalitarian Marxist State, to an absolutist, authoritarian, deterministic universe, and then back again.
A psyche that has not gone through the rites of ascent, is trapped in perpetual rebelliousness, surrendering itself to idealized extremes, of how it imagines a parental father-figure would be like, if it were even real.
It fills in its ignorance and absence of experience with the real with an abstract absolute alternative that is perfect, and complete and can never be overcome, so it can never fail to be present.
I would imagine that if a herd animal were able to share its sentiments and had experienced the certain regimented comforts of farm life, it would never dream of escaping the fencing, and if it, for some reason ever found itself in the uncertainty of the wilds, it would dream of returning back to the barn, where its suffering would at least be appreciated as an indispensable resource.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 pm

When you slide your fingers into the human psyche, you may feel the outlines of the pieces coming together - some perfectly synthesized, as if by design, others imperfectly, as if they were forced together out of sheer necessity, and you may push and pull at them trying to rearrange them, but you can never determine how they will mesh and what the outcome will be.

An unstable psyche reveals an asymmetrical mind manifestation of a disproportional brain - intertwined in a mesh of confusions and contradictions - internal turmoil.

Like genes, and memes for that matter, the pieces have been determined, but how they come together and how they interact, cannot be foreseen, though an attempt can be made to direct the process. Too many variables, and if along will all those complexities we add chaos - the effect of random forces upon the process, producing mutations, during reproduction, or novel side-effects - then what will come forth is unpredictable.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 6:38 pm

Most identify with the prey, some identify with the predator.
Both reveal their inner spirit.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 7:13 pm

Political Feminization
Within political contexts feminization of mankind indicates a distinct and persistent shift to the left. Right/Left binaries still apply, but the current "right" would be on the "left," in the not too distant past. Imagine what they would say about Spartans or Vikings if these people and their attitudes were to be transplanted into modern political circumstances – both would be considered to be worse than Nazis.
Right leaning politics are associated with masculine attitudes and left leaning politics with feminine attitudes, therefore feminization would be a gradual, imperceptible, slide towards the feminine-left – shifting the political centre so that what is currently considered right-wing would have been closer to centre-left, and what is currently considered to be part of the left-wing would have been on the far-left, e.g., communism.
A tectonic paradigm shift. Left and right indicating a side relative to a constantly moving centre. For people in the past our political spectrum would be entirely lacking a right-wing party – and for moderns the right-wing of the past would be considered to be far-right, and too extreme to be tolerated in modern Americanized cultural circumstances.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Most often than not, convoluted, deferring to authorities, referencing "obscure idols," if forced to reduce itself laconic clarity, reveals itself to be nonsense, or infantile superstition.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 7:12 am

The case of the fahter-less man-child.
It has come to my attention, the case of a boy that has not gone through the proper rites of ascent, from adolescence to manhood.
A boy most probably raised by an older male, not his father, trapped in a cold-war psycho-political dynamic with clearly distinguished sides: good/evil, friend/foe. product of an iron curtain psychology.

Such a man-child seeks a father figure to surpass probably because the old man who became his only fahter-figure died, leaving him with a Communist legacy to hate, and American freedom (salvation) to love - through Solidarity.
Rigidity has settled and the man-child can no longer think with youthful flexibility - partly due to the old-world political inheritance he took form an older relative, and partly due to an unspecified mental disorder.
Hypersensitivity indicates old-world influences, stuck on formalities, and a psychology that cannot endure critique - hyper-ego concealing a deranged sense of self - immature and un-cultivated self-esteem, due to a lack of experiences, i.e., sheltering.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 am

Ages of Man
Man became infatuated with his creator/parent, believing that this mysterious being was omniscient, omnipotent and could do no wrong.
Entering the rebellious phase man becomes disillusioned by the creator/parent, realizing how fallible he is; unable to meet his childish expectations.
Finding idols among its peers man projects his own ascent to the status his creator/parent failed to attain; ambitiously dreaming of his own becoming a omniscient, omnipotent creator/parent that can do no wrong.
We are currently in this phase of our development. Words becoming magical powers we have come to artistically manipulate to produce psychological effects.
What will follow is a humbling cosmic awakening - if man survives this phase of its adolescence - followed by a return to the creator-parent with new eyes of appreciating man's own essence reflected back to him.
A slow maturation from child to adult fraught with dangers and challenges, such as becoming addicted to novelty and the invigorating rush of discovery.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 am

How would psychotherapy be able to "cure" someone when personae is a product of organ hierarchies, cultivated over time (nurtured), with determining experiences that cannot be undone?
Might as well try to "cure" a man of his idiocy, or masculinity.
All psychology can do is diagnose - perceive behaviour patterns exposing organic arrangements - and medicate - intoxicating, numbing, their outward manifestations so as to reduce their severity.

Most people learn to control and conceal - selectively - based on external factors, e.g., socioeconomic and cultural circumstances, creating a personae (private self) character (public image, public performance) dichotomy - a dichotomy I've named genetic/memetic - yet, even in these cases of "normal behaviour" the repressed parts come forth via alternate avenues, e.g., sexual fetishism, sexual dysfunctions, mental disorders, dreams, obsessions/addictions, eccentricity/weirdness, social anxiety and/or inadequacy etc.

What we call "normal" are individuals who have managed to control or to redirect and expunge their repressed personae - i.e., sublimate their undesirable energies - towards creative or, at least, neutral - non-destructive - alternatives.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:19 am

I do appreciate your content, it has given my life greater richness than any material comfort. Trolling is what you do when want to contribute but have little to offer, but at least ive now come to value entertainment less.

Interactions grew to become too emasculating and pointless.
But recently I wondered about motivations in poking me, figuring out some things out are like a never ending maze.
Just say yes or no in the matter of me reaching having potential to reach Hyperborea so my mind can be at ease.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:28 am

It is not up to me alone.
I have comrades who must be swayed by trust.
I will bring it to their attention. The other forum is not under my control. This one is. I've chosen to loosen my need for control and to let others step forward.

I wish things were different, but the world is going insane - and by "world" I mean the west dominated by America - just as a Roman living through Roman collapse, or a citizen of Constantinople experiencing the decline and deterioration of his once great city would feel like the world were falling beneath his feet, falling away into madness and barbarism.

Last edited by Satyr on Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:40 am

My views are not novel, as you already know, they are derivative.
I stand upon the shoulders of giants.

Rather, I add my own small bricks to an enormous crumbling ancient temple.
My contributions are ornamental.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 7:18 pm

Sometimes all you need to know about a soul that is constantly referring and deferring is that it was terminally damaged by a singular event. The rest is but an ink clouds squirted in the sea as it makes it escape.
Invertebrates are clever and tasty over a grill, with some ouzo. I've had my share in many seaside towns, watching the sun set over the Mediterranean.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 pm

16:16:53

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 11:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Time is a flat circle, but i keep trying to kill it. It all makes such simple sense now.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:13 pm

Satyr wrote:
Obsession is to the mind what addiction is to the body.
Both are admissions that the mind/body synthesis, i.e., organism, is unable to cope with its own existence; an admission of being dominated and controlled by an external agency; an admission of vulnerability that cannot find a solution to its existential predicament; an admission of weakness and lack of a sufficient degree of free-will, i.e., dependence.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:24 pm

eternally true
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Feminine spirits fear masculine spirits that cannot be manipulated using feminine methods, like word games, shame, guilt, emotions, all those factors that can be summed up as rooted in existential anxiety and that can be triggered to produce a desired effect.

For instance, the idea that empathy is not sympathy/antipathy - is not automatically linked with compassion - is terrifying to feminine minds.
Feminine minds are dependent, social, verbally talented, emotionally cunning...all traits that aid an individual in social environments.
Subjectivity, is another preferred feminine state that is terrified - made anxious and insecure - by the very idea of objectivity; the idea of an indifferent, unconscious, mostly counter-intuitive, cosmos is the stuff of horror for such minds.

The masculine spirit is direct, obvious, reliable....up-front. It reveals itself and the world.
It stands forth and never uses proxies.
This is why it is difficult to fight this "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" - it necessitates feminine strategies to be adopted by masculine cultural identities.
Feminine methods are undermining, subversive, using psychological attrition, gossip, slander etc.
Paternalism is being confronted by maternalistic cultures....
We are going through cultural emasculation.  

Feminization of Man.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 1:31 am

bronze age mindset

Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 5:54 am

Overestimating the enemy is almost as bad as underestimating him.
Not omnipotent, but an opportunist. Exploiting weakness in his adopted host, contributing to its demise.

NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 am

if you pretend that the social pain isn't real, you will burn out your ability to contain your rage

Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 5:01 am

Anxiety exists within the Fight-or-flight decision, and within the flight action. Euphoria overwhelms anxiety within the fight action.
Back to top Go down
NoMindInMyMind

NoMindInMyMind

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 11:04 am

the slaves of the past imposed slavery on everybody instead of becoming masters themselves, overcoming resentment allows for energy to be focused towards productive ends
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 12:14 pm

Experiencing need will produce a reaction of how one confronts it, either negatively or positively, either with resilience or with resentment. There is a reason why we are so captivated by what is heroic. Because heroism is a form of 'pure being', free from ego and its pettiness. Our fascination with animals relates to this same idea. But, the challenge, and why it is so difficult, is that to cathartically dispel resentment through an extreme act of self-awareness, seldom results in the overcoming of it, and may, in many cases, result in self-destruction, because awareness does not equate to understanding.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 6:38 am

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychology 101 Psychology 101 - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Psychology 101
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next